Windows 10: 0x00000119 ntoskrnl.exe+142940 BSOD - Possibly related to sleep

Discus and support 0x00000119 ntoskrnl.exe+142940 BSOD - Possibly related to sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Try it without sleep for a bit. If it's okay then we can work on trying to figure out what prevents it from sleeping. I use sleep on my laptops but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dodgexander, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Ztruker Win User

0x00000119 ntoskrnl.exe+142940 BSOD - Possibly related to sleep

Try it without sleep for a bit. If it's okay then we can work on trying to figure out what prevents it from sleeping.
    I use sleep on my laptops but never on my desktops.

Ztruker, Dec 25, 2016

2. Okay I'll do that for a while and see if I get any bsod's, thanks!

Dodgexander, Dec 25, 2016
  3. I've tried without sleep for a while and disappointingly I'm still getting BSODs strangely I've notices it happens more often when I leave my PC and the monitors turn off. In approx 2 weeks it happened twice but I only have the latest dump from today (windows cleared the older dumps previously).

The dump from today was after I left my pc for 5 mins while watching a video and the monitors turned off, I came back to find the PC has restarted itself.

The other time it happened since disabling sleep was when I was watching a TV show.

I have attached my latest .zip file.

What do you think it could be? Just a fault with my graphics card? I'm not sure what else I can try and since its less of a problem now without sleep, are the two related?

Dodgexander, Jan 10, 2017
  4. lifetec Win User

The dumpfile is still
    Code: BugCheck 119, {1, c3b0, c3cf, ffffb5854f89b010} Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )[/quote] Do you still use a ATI TVcard.???
    I found these old drivers from 2010 in your drivermodule.
    emBDA64 Wed Sep 01 12:05:04 2010 (4C7E2550)
    emOEM64 Wed Sep 01 12:04:11 2010
    Driver Description: USB 28xx OEM Filter (TV Card) ATI chipset
    Driver Update Site: Driver

If yes, these drivers maybe not compatible with windows 10.
    Update or as a test disable or remove the drivers/device etc. and see what happens.

Also you have two different RAM modules in your system.
    Here some background info about:
    STOP*0x00000119: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR*** (go to top of page)
    Usual causes:* Video driver/sub-system

********Video TDR Timeout - 0x116 + 0x117 - OK to use with STOP 0x119 errors

lifetec, Jan 10, 2017
  5. Thanks! I use a Pinnacle PCTV dvb t2 card but that has only recently been introduced to my system.

I do have AMD drivers but they are my chipset drivers. They include the USB filter driver.

As for my ram I tried but couldn't get matched modules because the older pair we're EOL. I've stressed my memory so much, over 60 hours or more in memtest.

I've cleaned drivers completely with the extra utility and did a fresh install.

Regarding the TDR I've had issues with older systems relating to that and I don't get the driver has stopped responding and has recovered error any time. Is it worth looking into extended the TDR given I don't get this message?

Dodgexander, Jan 10, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Windows doesn't delete dump files. Are you running CCleaner or a similar hard drive cleanup tool? If so, stop until this problem is resolved.

Ztruker, Jan 11, 2017
  7. I do have ccleaner but I haven't used it, not sure why they went missing *Sad i presumed it was because my computer did a windows update

Dodgexander, Jan 11, 2017
  8. 0x00000119 ntoskrnl.exe+142940 BSOD - Possibly related to sleep

Another crash today *Sad same thing, went away from computer for a few mins. Monitors turned off, system rebooted.

Dodgexander, Jan 12, 2017
  9. I know its been a while but just to update I was unable to resolve my problem running my Nvidia EVGA GTX 660.

I since swapped it out for an AMD Radeon 6870 of old and my computer is stable as a rock.

So the question is was it just an incompatibility through running an Nvidia GPU on a AMD platform or if my 660 is faulty.

Its a pain because I really want to buy a new Nvidia graphics card but I'm reluctant too now in case of more problems!

Dodgexander, Jun 2, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Do you have any friends or family members who could try it in their computer? That's the only way I can think of to test it.
    I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 and have never had any problems.

Ztruker, Jun 2, 2017
  11. The very same 660 was in my brothers PC without a problem before I bought it from him for mine, he has an intel system and didn't have a problem, perhaps it developed a fault in my PC afterward. I can't really test it anymore because he doesn't use his PC. Its looking like I might just have to post it on eBay as possibly not working and explain.

Its not like I can fit it back in to his system and use it for long enough to determine there is no fault, its so intermittent and mainly surrounds sleep. If it happened and was repeatable maybe but its not.

I can't help but think it will make someone else a very nice card and probably work fine for them, I just get unlucky with this kind of thing, either that or computer hardware hates me!

Thanks for all your help.

Dodgexander, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 0x00000119 ntoskrnl.exe+142940 BSOD - Possibly related to sleep - Similar Threads - 0x00000119 ntoskrnl exe+142940

2. Exe related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe related: Can you tell me what is ztool.exe and will it harm my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-related/4b13d815-837c-4637-b54d-284885fb62ee
  3. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  5. BSoDs Possibly Tablet Related?

BSoDs Possibly Tablet Related?: Hi, so I keep on getting frequent different errored blue screens and I think it may have something to do with my tablet driver. Although they used to happen almost 5+ times a day before, a quick system reinstall fixed it. They now only seem to reliably happen when I'm using...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  8. Intermittent BSOD/shutdowns possibly sleep-related

Intermittent BSOD/shutdowns possibly sleep-related: See attached dump. I'm not really sure what the issue is, I've only ever seen the actual BSOD once, every other time it's already restarted by the time I was back at my desk. I generally try to keep the laptop unplugged when it's closed so at first I thought the battery...
  9. BSOD playing overwatch ntoskrnl related?

BSOD playing overwatch ntoskrnl related?: Hello, I recently got a new graphics card, as well as upgrading my OS to windows ten. However before and after these actions I receive various BSODs but only while playing Overwatch. Looking into it they seem to be related to the ntoskrnl.exe process, but I may be...
  10. BSOD - Possibly hardware related?

BSOD - Possibly hardware related?: Hi all, I have an MSi GT70 20C Laptop that I've had numerous problems with. When I first ordered this laptop it was dead on arrival, and had to be shipped back for fixing. Since i've gotten it back, I have had BSODs ranging from 0-2 times a week up to 6 times in a...