Windows 10: 0x124 - possibly related to NVIDIA drivers?

Discus and support 0x124 - possibly related to NVIDIA drivers? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having a crashing problem recently. Hi all, this problem has been pestering me for months, but after failed attempts to fix it myself,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zudo, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Zudo Win User

0x124 - possibly related to NVIDIA drivers?

I've been having a crashing problem recently.

So earlier today I finally got a dump file. It's a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (0x124) but I have no idea how to interpret it. As you can see from my original post, I was having no trouble running Ubuntu Studio, but after I installed the NVIDIA official drivers, I started crashing. If anyone can help me here it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

2. J.DD Win User

Windows 10 won't stop crashing

Looks like it's a 0x124 stop error which can be CPU related

Are you overclocking? Is it overheating? Is the BIOS up to date on this?? It can also mean the CPU is faulty.

Is this a laptop or desktop?

3. Multiple BSODs with differen't errors

Try leaving off the side panel to see if air circulates better. If it makes a difference you could add an extra fan.

The latest dumpfile was bug check code 0x124 which indicates a hardware related problem. However, this is the first time I have noticed a code 0x124 dump on your system.

Bug Check 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Gerry C J Cornell, Oct 29, 2015
  4. Zudo Win User

Thanks for the reply.

Running Memtest86+ showed no problems, it ran overnight for 16 passes and no errors were found.

SeaTools is happy with my hard drive. It didn't find any problems.

FurMark ran fine, with no crashes - this surprised me!

Is there anything else that I can do?

5. axe0 New Member
    0x124 - possibly related to NVIDIA drivers? [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

6. Zudo Win User
    I've been running Driver Verifier, and have received several crashes that looked no different to before. Here are all the dumps.

7. axe0 New Member
    Please run the DM Log Collector tool again.
    Only dumps may not be enough.

8. Zudo Win User

OK, done. You might notice differences from the original file, as I performed a clean install.

9. axe0 New Member
    The northbridge is where the problem occurs, just noticed it.
    Code: Event[496]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 2015-10-31T16:43:32.721 Event ID: 20 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-19 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE Computer: DESKTOP-PSF3GO2 Description: A fatal hardware error has occurred. Component: AMD Northbridge Error Source: Machine Check Exception Error Type: 11 Processor APIC ID: 0[/quote] Is there anything connected to your PC besides PSU, mouse and keyboard?
    Is everything inside the case properly connected?

10. I assume you've unistalled the drivers and tried an older version?

Typically if the crashes started after installing the drivers, then it's the drivers. Uninstall through Programs&Features and when you install another driverset, use custom and select the "Perform Clean Installation" check box.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

SmartEyeball, Oct 31, 2015
  11. Zudo Win User
    Thanks for the help, but I've done that several times.

Is there anything connected to your PC besides PSU, mouse and keyboard?
    Is everything inside the case properly connected?[/quote] There's no other peripherals apart from my monitor, as I've unplugged anything that isn't necessary. I'll check all the connections.

Thema:

1. 0x124 - possibly related to NVIDIA drivers? - Similar Threads - 0x124 possibly related

2. Blue Screen of Death - Possibly NVIDIA Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen of Death - Possibly NVIDIA Driver: Hi all,I have been having some BSOD errors on my computer. They started out as KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION and BAD POOL CALLER. I tried working through the typical steps scan with SFC, Scan with dism.exe, and check RAM. I would have the BSOD come up a few times within an hour...
  3. Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly: Here's what Windbg shows about the minidump that was created after the crash on startup. I believe it's Nvidia but let me know your thoughts and how to solve this issue.I've installed a driver recently I believe, a new driver released by Nvidia. Microsoft R Windows Debugger...
  4. Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly: Here's what Windbg shows about the minidump that was created after the crash on startup. I believe it's Nvidia but let me know your thoughts and how to solve this issue.I've installed a driver recently I believe, a new driver released by Nvidia. Microsoft R Windows Debugger...
  5. Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly

6. BSOD 0x124

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD 0x124: Hi there, Last monday I got a BSOD with error code 0x124. I know this normally means a hardware problem (and sometimes maybe trouble with a driver). A few facts about my PC (which I build myself): - It is relatively new (7 weeks old) - MSI Z390 Ace, nVidia GTX 1080,...
  7. Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS

Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS: Hey all, Recently I've been having issues with BSODs that appear to be coming from my graphics card, but I've no real way to check and make sure so wanted to get an opinion or two on what to do. Google Drive link to zip file:...
  8. BSOD with VPN - possibly related to network drivers

BSOD with VPN - possibly related to network drivers: Hi, I am experiencing BSOD on the University network-eduroam, which have not happened before. It happens few minutes after I am connected to my Okayfreedom VPN, but I do not have this problem at home with my wifi which is strange. There is no problems without the VPN...
  9. BSOD at startup ocassionally, possibly Nvidia drivers?

BSOD at startup ocassionally, possibly Nvidia drivers?: Howdy, Upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 (computer came with windows 7 originally), and now I am having all sorts of issues with windows 10. One of them being frequent BSODs during startup. BlueScreenView is showing ntoskrnl.exe is the problem (but as I have read here, most...
  10. Possible NVIDIA Driver Freezing (With no NVIDIA card)

Possible NVIDIA Driver Freezing (With no NVIDIA card): Hello, I have had Windows 10 pretty much since official release- and it's great! One problem however; it seems to crash every now and then. By crash, I mean the computer freezes up (No BSOD) and I can't move mouse nor turn num-lock off... The only option is to force shut...
Tags: