Windows 10: 0x139 BSODs daily when waking up from sleep

Discus and support 0x139 BSODs daily when waking up from sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello and thank you in advance for your assistance, if you have any. I'm open to any suggestions at this point. See my DM files attached at the bottom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ikjadoon, Mar 29, 2017.

1. ikjadoon Win User

0x139 BSODs daily when waking up from sleep

Hello and thank you in advance for your assistance, if you have any. I'm open to any suggestions at this point. See my DM files attached at the bottom of this post.

This is my Dell Inspiron 13 7359. The problem started about a week ago; 0x139 KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. Happens when I wake the laptop up from sleep (by opening the lid) about 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time, it wakes up without issue.

I tried to analyze the minidumps myself; it confirmed that 0x139 is the issue. However, it found no device driver errors, but maybe I didn't see them--this was my first time using the Debugging Tools. *Sad

What I've already attempted to fix it:

1. sfc /scannow (result: no errors found, I believe)
    2. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth (result: "No component store corruption detected.")
    3. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth (result: "The restore operation completed successfully.")
    4. Installed all Windows updates (fully patched as of 3/30/17; Version 1607, Build 14393.969)
    5. Reinstalled all the latest driver updates from Dell (BIOS updated from 1.14 -> 1.15, Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework, Intel HID Event Filter Driver, Intel Management Engine Interface Driver, Intel Virtual Buttons Driver, Intel Serial IO Driver, Intel Chipset Driver, Intel 8260/7265/3165/7260/3160 Bluetooth Driver, Intel 8260/7265/7260/3165/3160 WiFi Driver, Dell Foundation Services - Application, Dell QuickSet Application, and Conexant CX20722 Audio Driver).
    6. Ran the Power Troubleshooter (fixed my standby time, minimum processor state, and wireless adapter powersavings--did not fix the BSODs).
    7. Confirmed latest firmware on my Samsung 840 EVO. I also ran the performance optimization--still getting BSODs.

Does anyone know what could be up? I've uninstalled lots of lingering programs (Inkscape, some old games, etc.), but I can't imagine what I installed in the last week.

My next options: reinstalling the video driver, the SD card reader driver, the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver, and running MemTest. Will update soon.

:)

ikjadoon, Mar 29, 2017

2. Blue Screen die (BSOD), Windows 10 Professional Laptop Machine

I can confirm that this problem would occur every time I wake the computer up from sleep mode.

After a few seconds waking up from sleep mode, the computer will freeze and then BSOD occurs

Very annoying.

SuperBoyChoy, Mar 29, 2017
  3. Wakeup from sleep still uncontrollable (Windows 10, 64-bit)

When I switched to Windows 10, 64-bit over a year ago, I've had several problems with internal DVD drive, USB connectivity, startup menu, Cortana, etc. Almost all these problems have been resolved with no intervention of any kind from my side--automatic
    updates did the whole job.

However, the problem of self wake up from sleep doesn't seem to be on the update list by far. I've tried several times the control panel settings related to wake-up timers, but no luck. When in sleep mode, my PC wakes up daily at the exact same time. However,
    it doesn't wake up when shut down.

Any clue?

Khalid_The_IT_Man, Mar 29, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello *Smile

I've looked back through your latest crash mini-dumps and every time the process that was running when the crash occurred was Slack. You may be running this as an app for your team communications.

Try closing down this program before you put the laptop to sleep and see if it makes a difference.

philc43, Mar 30, 2017
  5. ikjadoon Win User
    Eghad! I missed the notification!

Thank you very much--you were exactly right! I got "adventurous" and had been using the Windows 10 Slack app. A huge mistake; you were SPOT-ON. I uninstalled it and went back to the Win32 Slack app: it's identical, except it doesn't cause BSODs when my laptop wakes up from sleep. I've slept and woke up my computer about 15 times in a row--not a single BSOD. It's a miracle!

Excellent, excellent, excellent find. Thank you very very much, +1

Out of curiosity, what tipped you off that it was Slack? I realized I have a lot of little programs running in the background often (Spotify, Lightshot, Dropbox, etc.). However you figured it out, you nailed it.

ikjadoon, Apr 5, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    *Thumbs Glad this was the answer!

The analysis of the mini-dumps that W10 creates when your system crashes includes details of the process running at the moment of the crash. In your case, every time, it was slack.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 0x139 BSODs daily when waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - 0x139 BSODs daily

2. BSOD when waking system up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking system up from sleep.: Hi so i sometimes set my pc to sleep when i log off for the night and sometimes the next day it BSOD's when i turn it on. This is one of the minidumps that got created. I used WhoCrashed to read it....
  3. BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep: Hello,Since a few weeks i'm running into the issue of my pc having a blue screen when I wake it up from sleep, this is pretty irritating since the pc always has to restart after waking up and it takes long. I'm not a tech guy so I would really appreciate if someone can help...
  4. BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep: Hello,Since a few weeks i'm running into the issue of my pc having a blue screen when I wake it up from sleep, this is pretty irritating since the pc always has to restart after waking up and it takes long. I'm not a tech guy so I would really appreciate if someone can help...
  5. BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep: For the last two weeks or so I've been getting BSOD/restart when I wake up my PC from sleep. I built the PC myself so here are the components: - Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Founders Edition- RAM: G.Skill...
  6. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  7. BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep: I've bought a new laptop (Lenovo S540 (AMD)) recently, but encountered a BSOD of the following bug code [ATTACH] And this is the windows version [ATTACH] And dump file LAPTOP-JAMAEQ11-(2020-11-20_18-51-56).zip - Google Drive Any help would be greatly appreciated,...
  8. BSOD when waking up from sleep

BSOD when waking up from sleep: Hello all, Last few weeks, I have been getting BSOD when waking my PC up from sleep in the morning. I do telework bc of the pandemic and when I wake up the PC, it shows blue screen. Sometimes it shows an error code and sometimes it doesn't. I have attached the LOG files as...
  9. BSOD sadface when waking up from sleep

BSOD sadface when waking up from sleep: I normally always sleep my PC, rarely shut it down. So I slept my PC like normal after updating to windows 10, and sadface BSOD came up. Tried it again, happened again. It keeps happening, 100% of the time I wake it up, BSOD. Not sure what is going on. The zip file is...
  10. BSOD when waking up from sleep

BSOD when waking up from sleep: So, I was having this problem for awhile now and the BSOD when waking up was "kernel_data_inpage_error" but kept freezing on 0% to create minidumps, I was unable to get those. Today was a different error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and was able to get one minidump from it. I...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x139 error when sleeping