Windows 10: 0x490 Error : CandyCrushSodaSaga Event Error

Discus and support 0x490 Error : CandyCrushSodaSaga Event Error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is a weird one. I don't know what topic it should be put under rather than General Support. One of the Event Errors I'm trying to figure out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by riqrat, Jul 15, 2017.

1. riqrat Win User

0x490 Error : CandyCrushSodaSaga Event Error

This is a weird one. I don't know what topic it should be put under rather than General Support.

One of the Event Errors I'm trying to figure out and get rid of if possible is this:

Failed with 0x490 modifying AppModel Runtime status for package king.com.CandyCrushSodaSaga_1.93.1400.0_x86__kgqvnymyfvs32 for user S-1-5-21-1494221630-4290425862-500854840-1006 (current status = 0x0, desired status = 0x20).

A search tells me that Candy Crush Soda Saga is a game from King.com.

1. I have never, ever installed such a silly game (or any for that matter as this is my work machine).
    2. I have no such game installed in order to uninstall.

So I'm left with no clue as to what I'm suppose to do with this mystery app.

The error occurred today, about 3 hours ago, and I was still busy working on this system trying to fix other things.
    Odd.

:)

riqrat, Jul 15, 2017
  2. borate Win User

Disable specific error report

Thanks, and yes I am event viewer aware.

Error 69 routinely reflects bogus failures that are in actuality successful Windows STORE updates. While it may not be possible to prevent Windows from generating this specific error, perhaps reporting of it can be disabled?

The error is: "Failed with 0x490 modifying AppModel, etc"

borate, Jul 15, 2017
  3. BIAoT Win User
    Windows 10 error id 69 app model runtime (photos)

Thanks to Joy Kemprai's MS support & all!

Event id 69 Error level: Failed with 0x490 modifying AppModel Runtime status..... caused following Ms Store app access in my case,

successfully corrected by the simple command Press Windows + R
    and type wsreset.

BIAoT, Jul 15, 2017
  4. riqrat Win User

Did a search and found this:

"Stop Windows 10 Anniversary Update from installing Candy Crush and other unwanted apps"

​So Microsoft is responsible for putting this on my machine???

riqrat, Jul 15, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 15, 2017
  6. riqrat Win User
    Hello Brink.

I had created a "deny" using the Package App Rules in Local Security Policy prior to seeing your post.

I've modified the reg key as you suggested.

Unfortunately, I find no instances of Crush Candy Soda Saga in the apps list to uninstall, which makes me wonder why just 3 hours ago I got this event error.

Any idea?
    Thanks.

riqrat, Jul 15, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 16, 2017
  8. riqrat Win User

Done.

Too bad the commands don't come back with some sort of info, like "hey dude, we found that goofy app you wanted to remove and we zapped the bejebbies out of it."

It ran. It gave me back the prompt. Nothing more. Nothing less.

But...hopefully I'll not see that oddball error any more.

Thx!

riqrat, Jul 16, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I hope it nailed it for you.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 0x490 Error : CandyCrushSodaSaga Event Error - Similar Threads - 0x490 Error CandyCrushSodaSaga

2. Windows 7, Startup Repair Offline. Error Code: 0x490

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7, Startup Repair Offline. Error Code: 0x490: Startup Repair OfflineError Code: 0x490Windows 7VAIO Sony LaptopDoes anybody know how to fix this? No System Restore I don't have any backup systems....
  3. Windows 7, Startup Repair Offline. Error Code: 0x490

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7, Startup Repair Offline. Error Code: 0x490: Startup Repair OfflineError Code: 0x490Windows 7VAIO Sony LaptopDoes anybody know how to fix this? No System Restore I don't have any backup systems....
  4. Error code ox57 and 0x490

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code ox57 and 0x490: Sometimes when I boot my PC it strats diagnosing itself. When its done it says that I have some sort of a problem and it gives me a directory ( C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ). When I check the file it says that the boot manager couldn't find the OS loader...
  5. Errors - Administrative Events

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Errors - Administrative Events: Hello, I was almost scammed last night by a man posing as a Microsoft representative who rung claiming I had errors that he was notified about through Microsoft and he would fix these errors for free, if I accepted? He verified the errors and then prompted me to google...
  6. event error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    event error: Product: 23-q141in SERIAL NO: 8CC6240HY3 PRODUCT NO: N4R49AA#ACJ product ID : 00327-60000-00000-AA218 Operating SySTEM WINDOWS 10 HOME SINGAL LANGUAGE 64 BIT VERSION : 1803 A corrected hardware error has occured. Component: PCI Express Endpoint Error Source:...
  7. event error

event error: Product: 23-q141in SERIAL NO: 8CC6240HY3 PRODUCT NO: N4R49AA#ACJ product ID : 00327-60000-00000-AA218 Operating SySTEM WINDOWS 10 HOME SINGAL LANGUAGE 64 BIT VERSION : 1803 A corrected hardware error has occured. Component: PCI Express Endpoint Error Source:...
  8. event error 5

event error 5: Hi, I have this error pop up ever once in awhile, always in three tho, could not find thread for it could use some help. thanks {Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file): '\??\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy9\WINDOWS\System32\config\DRIVERS' was...
  9. Event Log error

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log error: Any idea what would be causing this? svchost (3972) Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -566. Many instances of this error in my event log. Running windows 10 pro with November update.... Thanks. 32625
  10. Win 10 installs and locks my hard drive, error: 0x490

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 installs and locks my hard drive, error: 0x490: I lost everything that wasn't backed up a loooong time ago. I had to Boot & Nuke with Darik's software. Then reinstall Win 7. Then I thought maybe Win 10 would work, nope, locked again after installing! So just give up? Try Linux? How does anyone talk to MS? How has...