Windows 10: 0x800704cf network error

Discus and support 0x800704cf network error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I receive an 0x800704cf error when attempting to access my FreeNAS 9.3 server via the file explorer. A dialogue box pops up and provides me with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by clk1946, Nov 13, 2015.

1. clk1946 Win User

0x800704cf network error

I receive an 0x800704cf error when attempting to access my FreeNAS 9.3 server via the file explorer. A dialogue box pops up and provides me with a 'diagnose' button. A couple of seconds after I click on the 'diagnose' button, access to the NAS is available (the windows shares appear). Sometimes, I actually am able to have the file explorer display the shares (without receiving the 0x800704cf error), but when select (via file explorer) one of the shares, I get the error dialogue box. In the latter case, I click on the 'diagnose' button and then am able to access any of the shares from that point forward. I have no idea what the 'diagnose' button launches, but whatever it is, clears the network access error. I have no idea how to debug this - any help would be welcomed. BTW, I have another Windows 10 system on the network which is not experiencing these errors.

:)

clk1946, Nov 13, 2015

2. windows store does not work same as the windows powershell (windows 10)

PS>net helpmsg (0x4CF)
    The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help.

Most likely cause is an interferer.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Nov 13, 2015
  3. Mak17WT Win User
    Skype freezing

I am unable to Skype which freezes after a while. error code: 0x800704cf

(The network location cannot be reached) was resolved just after check the "Client for Microsoft Networks" in Network Adapter -> LAN properties -> Networking tab. How do I resolve this error?

Mak17WT, Nov 13, 2015
  4. 0x800704cf network error

Hi and welcome!
    Try this:
    Press the Windows Key > type cmd to search for the Command Prompt.
    2.Right-click Command Prompt > Click Run as administrator
    3.In the Command Prompt window, type sfc /scannow > Press Enter to run the command.

And uncheck IPv6 - this may help.

Cluster Head, Nov 13, 2015
  5. clk1946 Win User
    SFC ran cleanly with no integrity issues. I did uncheck the IPv6 property under the Network tab for the NIC a couple of days ago, and that didn't help.

clk1946, Nov 14, 2015
  6. Cluster Head, Nov 14, 2015
  7. clk1946 Win User
    When I unchecked 'Client for Microsoft Networks', File Explorer did not see my NAS, and File and Print sharing and Network Discovery were turned off. I was able to ping the NAS and reach it via the browser to log in, but could not get to the Windows shares (CIFS). I then went back to NIC properties and checked 'Client for Microsoft Networks', checked Network discovery and File and Print sharing on. I re-booted the system and the File explorer was able to display the NAS and shares. I was then able to click on one of the shares and get a list of files in that share and was able to open one of the documents in that share. I will do some additional testing before marking this solved.*Huh

clk1946, Nov 15, 2015
  8. clk1946 Win User

0x800704cf network error

I'm back to encountering the same sequence of events when trying to access my FreeNAS 9.3 server. Sometimes I get lucky and am able to access the server and Windows (CIFS) shares without problem, but most of the time I have to go through a litany of 0x'C000023C' errors, which eventually get resolved by clicking on diagnose button, which seems to 'clear' up some sort of networking condition that initially gives me the "The network location could not be reached" result. Thankfully, eventually I am able to access the server and the shares. However, this is a pain in the butt. I currently have two Windows 10 based computers and one Windows 8.1 based computer on the LAN with the FreeNAS server. The two Windows 10 systems experience the same networking problems, but the Windows 8.1 system runs flawlessly and has no issues getting to the FreeNAS server and shares everytime.

BTW, I have looked at several of the ETL files generated as a result of going through the network diagnostics (diagnose button). Most of the log files are 'clean', however some have error events generated by the SMBclient: 'session setup error, eventid 401', and 'create VNET Root error: 0x'C000023C'. I'm not sure if these reported errors reflect the initial problems encountered. My only 'take away' is that the diagnostics seem to clear up whatever problem is encountered initially when trying to access the FreeNAS server.

clk1946, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

0x800704cf network error

1. 0x800704cf network error - Similar Threads - 0x800704cf network error

2. Error 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x800704cf: Hi Microsoft, I have a problem. I bought Minecraft a couple weeks ago and created this Microsoft account with it. Everything went fine apart from the fact that I can't sign into my Microsoft account on the Microsoft store. What happened was that I put in my Gmail and then my...
  3. Error 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x800704cf: Hello, I've been having this problem for months now where I try to log into my microsoft account on my PC such as my gamepass. However despite trying to log in it keeps giving me this error, despite the fact that I'm on the internet. Please help, I would like to actually use...
  4. Error 0x800704cf

Error 0x800704cf: I cannot login into my Microsoft account because my computer thinks that it isn't connected to my internet. I have been using the internet though quite a bit so I know that the internet is actually working... I have tried trouble shooting but nothing comes up. I have also...
  5. Error Code 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error Code 0x800704cf: How do I fix this? I can't access any Microsoft content on my pc. I have tried 3 different pc's, none work. OneDrive won't work. Even login.live.com on a browser won't load. Any suggestions? I have tried every single troubleshooting guide on the internet and nothing has...
  6. error code 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error code 0x800704cf: I keep getting the above code when I try to download Microsoft games. Will also say I'm not connected to the internet when I am. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x800704cf/07a38175-29ef-4975-8840-f775baa5313d
  7. error 0x800704cf

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    error 0x800704cf: Every time i try to sign into my Microsoft account, the error 0x800704cf pops up, saying that i am not connected to the internet, but i am connected to the internet. How do i fix this so that i can sign into my account?...
  8. Error 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error 0x800704cf: how do I fix Error 0x800704cf MS says it needs to fix a problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x800704cf/fe2ceb6b-4e16-41d1-b5da-257d749c48f4
  9. error 0x800704cf

error 0x800704cf: i have fully connected wifi but microsoft apps keep say i do not have internet connection. i have brought full windows and i get bugs what is the meaning of this i spend tons of bucks on win 10 and i cannot even play minecraft server...
  10. That annoying 0x800704cf error...

That annoying 0x800704cf error...: This is something I see with every fresh installation of Windows 8 and later. I have a file server, called FILES, which is a Windows 8.1 Pro machine with a bunch of shared folders. I use several Windows 10 Pro machines to connect to these shares over Ethernet or WiFi...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the netork location could not be reached nas