Windows 10: 0xc0000225 After partition merge, letters swapped?

Discus and support 0xc0000225 After partition merge, letters swapped? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After using the EASEUS boot manager to merge some unused partitions of the same disk to my C: drive, Windows reboots an I receive the 0xc0000225 error.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Malidous, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Malidous Win User

0xc0000225 After partition merge, letters swapped?

After using the EASEUS boot manager to merge some unused partitions of the same disk to my C: drive, Windows reboots an I receive the 0xc0000225 error.

I then booted Windows recovery from an USB and went into the CMD. I went on DiskPart and found that the drive letters for my C drive and D drive have swapped.

(The C is on an SSD, and D is on a regular internal HDD)
    I tried using the assign letter commands to fix it, but I still receive the same error and the letters are reversed still.

Please help!

:)

Malidous, Dec 22, 2017
  2. Malidous Win User

After using the EASEUS boot manager to merge some unused partitions of the same disk to my C: drive, Windows reboots an I receive the 0xc0000225 error.

I then booted Windows recovery from an USB and went into the CMD. I went on DiskPart and found that the drive letters for my C drive and D drive have swapped.

(The C is on an SSD, and D is on a regular internal HDD)

I tried using the assign letter commands to fix it, but I still receive the same error and the letters are reversed still.

Malidous, Dec 22, 2017
  3. 0xc0000225 After partition merge, letters swapped?

Hi,

Error 0xc0000225 means that Windows could not find the system files used to boot your PC. It might have been caused by system files that got corrupted, bad disk file system configuration, or faulty hardware. To resolve this, we suggest that
    you repair Windows using the Windows Creation Tool (MCT.exe). Doing so re-installs a fresh copy of Windows while keeping your files. Here is a
    forum article by
    Andre Da Costa on how to perform a repair upgrade of Windows 10 for your reference.

If the issue persists, we suggest a clean install of Windows 10 to ensure a fresh copy of Windows without system file corruptions. Make sure that you backup all important data before doing so.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Dec 22, 2017
  4. Railtech Win User

Your error is a common one that happens when your computer cannot find the boot code. I am guessing that you have a UEFI booted computer. If you do enter the bios and select the Advanced mode then look for the Boot tab. In the Boot screen look for boot Priority. Expand the list and select Windows Boot Manager. Save and Exit. Should allow for the machine to boot.

Railtech, Dec 23, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    Sounds like you merged the hidden System Reserved boot partition and lost your Boot information.
    Boot into Setup (Bios) go to the Security tab, if you have Secure Boot enabled, using your Arrow and Enter key Disable it or change it to Setup Mode. If the suggestions in post #2 don't work, then unplug the HDD and just leave the SSD plugged in, and boot off of the Windows installer media, choose your Language, then choose Repair Your Computer. This should replace the boot information. Once Windows boots and is stable plug in the HDD.

spunk, Dec 23, 2017
  6. I agree spunk and depending on what partitions you ended up deleting, (System, Recovery) I would be planning for a clean install, some time in the future, should your machine come back online. While some of these aren't an absolute requirement when you go to need them and they aren't there I believe you will have additional issues.

Maybe you could post a screen shot of Disk Management once your back. (ssd and hdd) so people can see your structure.

Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

Good luck.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 0xc0000225 After partition merge, letters swapped? - Similar Threads - 0xc0000225 partition merge

2. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merging Partitions: So here is my issue. Windows is on my C drive, which is normal and good. What I want before I start to put stuff on the D and E drive, is for them not to be partitioned. No matter what I do, I can't seem to merge E with the two extra parts it has, nor can I merge D with the...
  3. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merging Partitions: So here is my issue. Windows is on my C drive, which is normal and good. What I want before I start to put stuff on the D and E drive, is for them not to be partitioned. No matter what I do, I can't seem to merge E with the two extra parts it has, nor can I merge D with the...
  4. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merging Partitions: Hello, I was transferring data from one SSD to another with a larger capacity and everything went great. When I went to Disk Management to see if Windows had detected the larger storage I saw that it was there but just unformatted. [ATTACH] I don't want to create a separate...
  5. Acess denied after merging partitions

Acess denied after merging partitions: Hello, so I had my D drive divided in 2 partitions because one had ubuntu, but i didn't needed it anymore so I formated the partition and merged them. using MiniTool Partition Wizard After that when I tried to open drive d it said "d:\ is not acessible acess denied". So I...
  6. Merge Partitions

Merge Partitions: Every time i backup with Macrium i keep seeing 3 partitions on C: everything works fine and backs up no problems can i merge the third part with the second part as it looks lost and with a none indication i assume it is doing nothing. I think it was a left over from upgrading...
  7. Merging partitions

Merging partitions: I just upgraded my main windows 10 drive from 250 to 500 GB by cloning the drive. How do I merge the un-allocated portion with the active portion so Windows sees the full capacity of the drive??...
  8. Merging partitions.

Merging partitions.: [img] I'm trying to do something with the mini partition wizard that is raved about on this site. The FACTORY IMAGE D above is useless to my computer now that I have been on Windows 10 Home (latest build) and Windows 10 so graciously dropped a 449MB Recovery Partition...
  9. Drives letters getting swapped

Drives letters getting swapped: Hello, I've noticed on during my last restoring of my system and reloading of W10 Pro, that after I reattach the 2nd, third drive and the DVD, they got swapped in the system. Could it be the bios on an old Gigabyte motherboard or the OS. I guess I can use disk manager to...
  10. Bsod after creating partition 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod after creating partition 0xc0000225: I need to install Linux for school and therefore was partitioning my windows. I created a 60GB and 1GB swap ext3 partitions using easus partition master and now I am getting a blue screen with that code. Note; I haven't tried to install Linux yet. I used repair in windows...
Tags: