Windows 10: 0xd1 when installing feature update

Discus and support 0xd1 when installing feature update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been getting a 0xd1 bsod when installing the latest w10 feature update (build 1709). It is reliably reproducible, and the system has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by osuka, Feb 15, 2018.

1. osuka Win User

0xd1 when installing feature update

Hello,

I've been getting a 0xd1 bsod when installing the latest w10 feature update (build 1709). It is reliably reproducible, and the system has successfully completed recovery after every crash.

Noteworthy is a PCIe audio card that audibly clicks when turned on (because of a relay); every crash happened immediately after the card was powered, still during the install process.

:)

osuka, Feb 15, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL missing error with blue colour screeen

Hi,

Error Kernel Security Check Failure and DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    occur when there is a driver problem or a virus infection. To help resolve the issue, follow the troubleshooting steps provided in these articles:

Bug Check 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Feb 15, 2018
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    Lost disc space when installing Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709

Hi Ralph,

There could be an application or a program that could be running in the background and that's why you're running low on space. We suggest that you perform a
    clean boot to help you eliminate any software conflicts. You can check this article for the steps on:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Please go through the section How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot to restart your computer in normal startup.

You can also refer to this article for some:
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Feb 15, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello osuka and welcome to TenForums.

Your comment about the sound card is helpful and I did find that there was reference to a misbehaving sound card driver in the crash dump.

Code: Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\cmudaxp.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cmudaxp.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cmudaxp.sys cmudaxp.sys Tue Jun 2 02:11:20 2015[/quote] See if you can find an updated driver for the ASUS Xonar Essence STX.

There were also some other drivers noted as well but I will come back to those if this does not work.

philc43, Feb 15, 2018
  5. zbook New Member
    Windows error reporting can be useful when troubleshooting BSOD.
    They somehow were deleted.
    Please check the following settings:
    In the left lower corner search type: clean > open disk clean up > scroll up and down > post images into the thread.

The Windows version and build: Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
    Had you troubleshooted the failure to upgrade?

Turn off Windows Fast startup:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

The BIOS: Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2601, 8/18/2015
    Please upgrade the BIOS to version 2801
    SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1/USB 3.1 Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA

Code: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.[/quote] Code: The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS.[/quote]

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 0xd1 when installing feature update - Similar Threads - 0xd1 installing feature

2. Feature update is not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature update is not installing: The updates in my HP laptop is not installing. Says something went wrong. Its been a month since its doing this and still not resolve by Microsoft. What the heck is happening? I need to fix it....
  3. Feature update is not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feature update is not installing: The updates in my HP laptop is not installing. Says something went wrong. Its been a month since its doing this and still not resolve by Microsoft. What the heck is happening? I need to fix it....
  4. Feature update is not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows BSOD when launching Minecraft 0xD1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows BSOD when launching Minecraft 0xD1: Hello I have just tried launching Minecraft on my computer and I have blue screened.My specs:CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8700K ProcessorCPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid CPU CoolerMotherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WifiMemory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB...
  6. Windows BSOD when launching Minecraft 0xD1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD when launching Minecraft 0xD1: Hello I have just tried launching Minecraft on my computer and I have blue screened.My specs:CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8700K ProcessorCPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid CPU CoolerMotherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WifiMemory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB...
  7. Windows BSOD when launching Minecraft 0xD1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App

in Windows 10 Support
    Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App: A few years ago, I used an app that allowed me to prevent unwanted options from being automatically included when I installed or updated an app. I loved it. Now I have a new computer, but can’t remember the name of that app. Does anyone know the name? 149309
  9. BSOD 0xD1 Playing taxing games

BSOD 0xD1 Playing taxing games: Hey all, I've recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10, but doing so has brought about some DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD's while playing more taxing games such as Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice or Sleeping Dogs. Less intensive games cause no issue. My system is overclocked...
  10. Bsod 0xD1

Bsod 0xD1: Hi i Get a BSOD windows 10 enterprise edition 64bit HP Elitebook 8460p crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041316-22640-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (0xFFFFF80128D8036C) Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80128D8036C)...