Windows 10: 1 1/2 inch gray bar at top of Edge

Discus and support 1 1/2 inch gray bar at top of Edge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get rid of 1 1/2" dark gray bar at top of Edge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by R. Hay, Aug 21, 2018.

1. R. Hay Win User

1 1/2 inch gray bar at top of Edge

How do I get rid of 1 1/2" dark gray bar at top of Edge.

:)

R. Hay, Aug 21, 2018
  2. savra13 Win User

top of every page have 1 1/2 to 2 inch margin wasted space....big search bar then tool bar

How do I get rid of the 2 inch wasted space at top of screen? After upgrading to Windows 10 I have a search window bar of at least 1 1/2 inches and under it a tool bar. This is on my Facebook Page and on my Gmail page.....how do I make it about 1/2
    inch like it used to be? I am using Internet Explorer 11. The upgrade said everything would be the same and it is not!!!

savra13, Aug 21, 2018
  3. savra13 Win User
    gray bar at top in Windows 10

I upgraded to windows 10 which has changed everything. I now have a 1 1/2 inch margin at the top of the screen a lot of wasted space....basically 2 tool bars or search bars at top....how do I get my 1/2 inch search bar at top back? I tried to change
    my homepage back to what it was before and set it as default that is not working either...I thought it was supposed to leave everything the same but it changed everything...

savra13, Aug 21, 2018
  4. 1 1/2 inch gray bar at top of Edge

top of every page have 1 1/2 to 2 inch margin wasted space....big search bar then tool bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a search window bar of at least 1 1/2 inches and under it is a tool bar. I will try to help you with this issue.

Sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the Admin account or the MSA to test if that helps with this issue.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1 1/2 inch gray bar at top of Edge

1. 1 1/2 inch gray bar at top of Edge - Similar Threads - inch gray bar

2. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  3. 2/1 appearences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2/1 appearences: CONHOST.EXEMicrosoft CorporationFeb 1, 2022MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.STARTMENUEXPERIENCEHOSTUnknownFeb 1, 2022MessengerUnknownFeb 1, 2022Anyone know what these are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/21-appearences/097dc686-b9a5-4e74-ac08-1c503dfb43b6
  4. 2/1 appearences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2/1 appearences: CONHOST.EXEMicrosoft CorporationFeb 1, 2022MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.STARTMENUEXPERIENCEHOSTUnknownFeb 1, 2022MessengerUnknownFeb 1, 2022Anyone know what these are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/21-appearences/097dc686-b9a5-4e74-ac08-1c503dfb43b6
  5. White Bar Covers top 1 inch of screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Bar Covers top 1 inch of screen.: This has been asked over and over and the basic answers of updating drivers does not solve the problem. It is mostly always in a dual monitor setup. Refreshing the video driver only fixes it for a brief time. The Keystroke will reset the video system and work for short...
  6. Edge periodically refreshes every 1 - 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge periodically refreshes every 1 - 2 seconds: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 Pro desktop with a new ASUS motherboard with 32GB RAM, NVIDIA display adapter, and a 1TB SSD. I continue to utilize a secondary 500GB scratch hard drive and two HP LV2311 monitors. I also use a 2TB USB data volume and an 8TB USB backup...
  7. My windows 10 system tray went from 1/2 inch high to 2 inches high ??

My windows 10 system tray went from 1/2 inch high to 2 inches high ??: The system tray on my desktop suddenly decided to get much larger. It was 1/2 inch high, and now is 2 inches high. It now occupies 1/3 of my Lenovo laptop screen. I've tried everything to fix it, but NG. Windows 10....
  8. multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2

multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2: When I go to Settings and Display, my multiple monitors show "1/2" instead of 1 and 2. I think you can change this by right clicking on the clock/date on the bottom right, but I don't know which to select when I get there. Help?...
  9. Shenmue 1 and 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shenmue 1 and 2: I just recently got this through game pass and it won't open past the launcher. I have been through every forum and post about this issue and tried everything that has been suggested. The issue isn't my computer as far as I've seen I believe it is that there is some kind of...
  10. The Topjoy Falcon is a 2-in-1 Windows 10 device with 8-inch display

in Windows 10 News
    The Topjoy Falcon is a 2-in-1 Windows 10 device with 8-inch display: There’s a new tiny computer in the market with 8-inch display. The Topjoy Falcon has just hit crowdfunding and it’s available for $399. Falcon runs Windows 10 and it has an 8-inch size that strikes a balance between performance and portability. The company claims that the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge browser large wasted space at top

2. how to get rid of two inch top margin in browser screen

3. MY DISPLAY GETS A GRAY BAR AT TOP

4. microsoft edge grey bar at top,
  5. remove gray bar above edge,
  6. grey bar on top of edge,
  7. how to get rid of top window bar in edge,
  8. 2 in gray bar at top of edge,
  9. edge gets a grey bar at the bottom,
  10. on microsoft edge how to get rid of margin at top of screen,
  11. explore browser has grey line at the top search bar how to get rid of,