Windows 10: 1.8 Celeron, 2gb ram, which will run faster Windows 10 or 7?

Discus and support 1.8 Celeron, 2gb ram, which will run faster Windows 10 or 7? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Which OS will run faster for this machine? 94469 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ten1Ten, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Ten1Ten Win User

1.8 Celeron, 2gb ram, which will run faster Windows 10 or 7?

Which OS will run faster for this machine?

:)

Ten1Ten, Sep 28, 2017

2. Windows 1709 Update Failure

I have an Intel Celeron CPU N3060 1.60GHz, 2GB ram, 64 bit Windows 10 Home, 32GB SSD

WolvErine3, Sep 28, 2017
  3. Windows 10 hardware requirements

i just got offered a free upgrade of windows 10 but i am curious because my laptops processer is a intel celeron dual core with total of 3.4 GHz and 2GB of Ram and windows 7 64 bit home premium, will the system requirements be able to run windows 10?

James Brittle, Sep 28, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

7 by far. I just took my Acer T690 > Pentium D duo core 3GHz > 2GBs mem out of moth balls to run CU and Insider builds on it. Cannot do anything with it for at least 5 minutes until 10 is finished thrashing the HD and using 60 to 65% of mem. Then when it calms down it's as slow as an inchworm. LOL.

8.1 ran ok on it.

Tony K, Sep 28, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Funny you should say that, I found the opposite. My test machine (System Two in My Computers below) has an Intel Celeron T3100 1.9GHz and a mere 1GB of RAM (so it's running a 32-bit OS). I have system images for it for W7 Pro and all versions of W10 Pro. If anything, 1703 feels a little quicker to start up than W7. MS Office certainly seems to open faster under W10 than W7.

6. Ten1Ten Win User
    Ok, perfect, I will install 7. It's for public use, so it will have a freezer or restore software everytime it shuts down. Do you think I should fully update it and then install the restore software or leave it bare and then install the restore software? Which will run faster, Windows 7 updated or not?

Ten1Ten, Sep 28, 2017
  7. Tony K Win User
    Please excuse my ignorance, but don't know what you mean by "freezer or restore software". You mean something like a disk cleaner of any activity?

I would definitely update it to the max for security purposes before loading anything.

Tony K, Sep 28, 2017
  8. Ten1Ten Win User

The restore software is Reboot Restore RX. It restores the PC to the same state after each shutdown.

Ten1Ten, Sep 28, 2017
  9. Tony K Win User
    @Ten1Ten

Ok, thanks. As per what Bree posted, I may be misleading you. In thinking on it again, each machine architecture is different with the way it handles an OS and in which way it is set up. I haven't run 7 on this machine in years, therefore I wouldn't know. I can say that 8/8.1 ran using less resources and booted quicker.

Please see below.

Tony K, Sep 28, 2017
  10. Tony K Win User
    Thanks for pointing this out, @Bree. As with my post to Ten1Ten > We can see that there may be many variables. I timed while booting this Acer up, let all the taskbar programs load (30 seconds), and then opened Task Manager (which took 20 seconds to open and fill). Here are TM shots with 4-1/2 minute duration. This is in a fresh 1703, all updated, and signed in with an MS account, which as you know is sending and receiving telemetry to sync. My Insiders are worse, which is understandable with more telemetry. I'm sure a local account would be much better.

All in all, I guess "slow" or "quick" is a matter of perspective. I guess too that the OP would have to test his/her machine to get results to compare.

1.8 Celeron, 2gb ram, which will run faster Windows 10 or 7? [​IMG]

Next one is when it calms down and idles. I know 8.1 used 30 to 35% mem.

Tony K, Sep 28, 2017
  11. No reason not to fully update Windows 7. It shouldn't affect performance.

DeaconFrost, Sep 28, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    Yes, and it's funny how perceptions can be misleading. My test machine started life as OEM-installed Win7/MS Office. The Win10 images were made by upgrading this to 10. To put some actual figures on timings I used this...
    What is your Windows 10 Restart Time?
    Windows 7 (x86) took 80 seconds, while Windows 10 1703 (x86) took 90 seconds (though it still felt quicker/smoother). I still maintain that Office opened quicker and was more responsive in use. Either way, there was little in it.

For the OP's purposes 7 is probably best suited. Like others, I would go for the latest updates. On the use of Reboot Restore RX, it worries me how this will cope with virus definition updates, surely these shouldn't be reset to 'day 1' at each restart?

Thema:

1. 1.8 Celeron, 2gb ram, which will run faster Windows 10 or 7? - Similar Threads - Celeron 2gb ram

2. Can I download Windows 10 and a 2gb RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I download Windows 10 and a 2gb RAM: Can I download Windows 10 and 2gb RAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-download-windows-10-and-a-2gb-ram/d8b82aa0-effa-4257-a5a9-156360d14552
  3. Windows 7 in Celeron D 320

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 in Celeron D 320: Hello will Run Windows 7 in Celeron D 320 ? Please Help Someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-in-celeron-d-320/b901348e-fbd9-4518-bd22-6b64e8317849
  4. Windows 7 in Celeron D 320

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 in Celeron D 320: Hello will Run Windows 7 in Celeron D 320 ? Please Help Someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-in-celeron-d-320/b901348e-fbd9-4518-bd22-6b64e8317849
  5. GameDVR needs 2GB RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GameDVR needs 2GB RAM?: I'm overall very satisfied with the gamebar and the ability to record. I really like how less performance impact background recording has when I play games (I lose just 1-2 FPS). However, in task manager I noticed that it needs nearly 2 gigabyte RAM/MEMORY. is this normal or...
  6. 8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable: i just used the recovery option in my pc and it seems that windows doesn't use all my ram i tried going to ms config and then boot setting but didn't work any other fix??...
  7. EtwB Utilizing ~2GB of RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    EtwB Utilizing ~2GB of RAM: Hello, I am experiencing an issue on my laptop where the Event Tracking for Windows (EtwB) is utilizing an excessive amount of memory. I have attached screenshots of both task manager's memory usage, task manager's list of running programming sorted by working memory, and a...
  8. Windows 10 uses 2GB RAM on idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 uses 2GB RAM on idle: I have an Acer laptop, that runs on Windows 10. I have major issues with it, like it being slow. But I'm concerned about it using 2GB RAM on idle. I only have 4GB RAM, which bothers me a lot. I was wondering if there is any fix, so I am contacting you guys. And by the way,...
  9. RAM - Missing 2GB of active RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM - Missing 2GB of active RAM: So I am running Win10 Home 64-bit. Recently noticed that of the 16gb ram installed (4x4) only 14gb shows up in windows. So I bought 2x8gb sticks to upgrade - now have 24gb (2x4 and 2x8) but again only 22gb is showing up in windows. I have cheeked the BIOS says that I...
  10. is 2GB RAM enough?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is 2GB RAM enough?: I was going to install Windows 10 on an old Pentium Dual Core PC with 2GB RAM, currently running Windows 7. Is it best to upgrade the RAM to 4GB first? 6444