Windows 10: 1 Button Back-up. Really?

Discus and support 1 Button Back-up. Really? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I finally decided to try and back-up my desktop. Everyone here keeps talking about Macrium, so I just downloaded ver. 7 Home and a 422 PAGE manual.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by milford, Jul 4, 2018.

1. milford Win User

1 Button Back-up. Really?

I finally decided to try and back-up my desktop. Everyone here keeps talking about Macrium, so I just downloaded ver. 7 Home and a 422 PAGE manual. Really? This is easy?

So I started reading the manual. It says Windows PE has to be downloaded when you start Macrium. Then something about backing up the whole hard drive with all the partitions, not just an Image. So I'm already lost. Give me a few days to figure this out. I may be crying for help soon.

P.S. I have a 230Gig hard drive in my desktop and a 500 Gig external USB drive. Should I partition this USB drive in half or use all of it?

:)

milford, Jul 4, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Jul 4, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond 1 Button Back-up. Really? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 1 Button Back-up. Really? - Similar Threads - Button Really

2. Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work: My laptop has Windows 10. I have Microsoft 365 installed. I have no internet connection. The laptop shows that it is on Airplane Mode which I did not set. The button is gray and does not react when I click on it to turn off airplane mode. HELP...
  3. Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work: My laptop has Windows 10. I have Microsoft 365 installed. I have no internet connection. The laptop shows that it is on Airplane Mode which I did not set. The button is gray and does not react when I click on it to turn off airplane mode. HELP...
  4. Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File explorer address bar and refresh button are really small

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer address bar and refresh button are really small: So as the tittle says, my file explorer has a really small address bar and refresh button. No clue what made it this way but it only happened after i update my windows and now i don't know how to make it revert back to normal again. Here's two image showing my "broken address...
  6. File explorer address bar and refresh button are really small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer address bar and refresh button are really small: So as the tittle says, my file explorer has a really small address bar and refresh button. No clue what made it this way but it only happened after i update my windows and now i don't know how to make it revert back to normal again. Here's two image showing my "broken address...
  7. File explorer address bar and refresh button are really small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I really want to know what the button is in the Advanced Font Settings screen I can't seen...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I really want to know what the button is in the Advanced Font Settings screen I can't seen...: I want to know what the scroll box beneath the "Advanced Font Settings." The scroll box is also right above the brown text that said "Proportional fonts" This can be found in the upper left in the "Advanced Font Settings". The slide down box should say default....
  9. update pause button wont unpause, now my system is really messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update pause button wont unpause, now my system is really messed up: how to unpause the update pause button, system is not allowing me to do that, keeps telling me my group administer is preventing. I am the only user on my system. now that it wont update, everything is working very badly, now words on screen etc. task manager says nothing is...
  10. Really odd problem with synaptics touchpad buttons (W10 Home, Yoga)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Really odd problem with synaptics touchpad buttons (W10 Home, Yoga): Hi all I'll try to be brief. My Son has a Lenovo Yoga 500 with a Synaptics Touchpad. I have an Administrator account on the machine, he has a standard user. Windows 10 Home. The particular model of touchpad we have can be pushed down on **anywhere** to affect a...