Windows 10: 1 of 2 NAS boxes not showing under NETWORK in Explorer

Discus and support 1 of 2 NAS boxes not showing under NETWORK in Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'd like to have the 2 PCs on my network and the 2 NAS boxes show under NETWORK in my Explorer window. What normally appears are the 2 PCs and one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aguden, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Aguden Win User

1 of 2 NAS boxes not showing under NETWORK in Explorer

I'd like to have the 2 PCs on my network and the 2 NAS boxes show under NETWORK in my Explorer window. What normally appears are the 2 PCs and one of the NAS boxes. See attached screen shot. If I type the 2nd NAS box address in the Explorer at the top, it will appear in the Explorer window but then mysteriously disappears. How do I get it to appear there and remain there. I'm sure it is a simple setting somewhere. I just don't know where to look.

Thank you.

Al

:)

Aguden, Aug 28, 2016
  2. DH_771 Win User

Win 10 workgroup/networking problem

Hi Sudharsan,

Thank you for taking the time to look at my problem. To answer your questions:

1. No

2. Yes

3. The NAS is a Synology Drive and has the latest DSM (Disk Station Manager) 5.2 installed

4. No, the 2 computers have different names. Although both have the same 2 accounts installed, we always log into different accounts (one computer used by my wife and her account name and one used by myself with a different account name) at the time when
    the problem occurs. As mentioned, on the computer that does not show the NAS in the explorer, I can log into the NAS under 'Network' when I use \\192.169.20... in the address line.

The NAS is then displayed under network with its network address (192.168.20...) but not as 'Synology'. The problem really arises if one is in a program and wants to access the Synology NAS as one cannot find it under those circumstances.

Hope this helps to clarify your questions.

Thank you

Dirk

DH_771, Aug 28, 2016
  3. Network locations used to show in Windows Explorer, not anymore.

..... You can't connect it to a different computer, its connected to the network. Meaning it connects via Ethernet to the router. Did you even read the opening paragraph? I'll try again. The device works, but Windows Explorer does not see it listed under
    Network like it used to. But I know there is communication going between the two because when I open Windows Explorer the NAS wakes up. Now in the search bar of Windows Explorer I can type the network address of the device, \\stora, and it will show the
    folders in the NAS. But I don't wish to type \\stora each time I want to go there, I would like it to show up under Network like it always did before.

And again, it isn't just the NAS either. My printer is connected through the network and has a USB stick in it. That also used to show up under Network. There were at least 4 devices that showed up under Network in Windows Explorer, now none of them show.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude and I know I'm just the layman here, but it just seemed like such a bizarre step.

That all being said, I do not have another computer, just a tablet and a phone. Neither of them are Windows devices so access to the NAS etc is different.

IanTornquist, Aug 28, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Those are actually the DLNA/Bonjour connection that it is showing. Are they set with Static IP's on the same workgroup? What brand and model of Gateway are you using? Have you double checked all settings on both NAS, to make sure that they have the proper IP, Host and DNS info?

bro67, Aug 29, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Read through this and it should help to pull up the info in a Command Window. There is more information in the Tutorial. Net view

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 1 of 2 NAS boxes not showing under NETWORK in Explorer - Similar Threads - NAS boxes showing

2. Network 2 and NAS drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network 2 and NAS drives: I have recently had to install a new router. Windows 10 now indicates that my network is Network 2 and denies me access to my WD NAS drives and their attached USB hard drives. I should be grateful for any advice....
  3. Network 2 and NAS drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network 2 and NAS drives: I have recently had to install a new router. Windows 10 now indicates that my network is Network 2 and denies me access to my WD NAS drives and their attached USB hard drives. I should be grateful for any advice....
  4. Network 2 and NAS drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network not showing Readyshare Connections under NETWORK or THIS PC Part 2

Network not showing Readyshare Connections under NETWORK or THIS PC Part 2: Hello. I was having trouble with my computer again and decided it was best to reinstall Windows 10. Unfortunately, I completely forgot how troublesome it was to enable the \\READYSHARE Drive on Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 after Greg Carmack, an independent advisor in the...
  6. Network Computers not showing under network

Network Computers not showing under network: So, I checked, and the appropriate services are running under services.msc. We use windows server which I have access to but the local machine I do not have the admin password for. I can access the server one, but not the locals. I am trying to find a way to remote access...
  7. Android phones not showing up under Network in File Explorer

Android phones not showing up under Network in File Explorer: We have multiple Android phones at home connecting to the same home WIFI network. I have the following queries - Q1. Why are they not showing up under Network in File Explorer ? Q2. Can we access the phones from our computers wirelessly when they are connecting to the...
  8. Computers not showing up under Network in Files Explorer

Computers not showing up under Network in Files Explorer: Installed a new modem/router combo, now none of the local network computers show up under Network in Files Explorer. I have a Pro tablet, a laptop, and 2 desktops on the home network. I am "guessing" it has to do with some modem setting, not a clue where to start looking....
  9. Computers/NAS not showing up in Network ->Windows Explorer after th2 u

Computers/NAS not showing up in Network ->Windows Explorer after th2 u: As the title says. I can reach them by the quick access shortcuts I added before the upgrade but they don't show up in WE Network. Rebooting my WD MyCloud solves the problem until next time I reboot my Win10 c. 30022
  10. NAS not appearing under Network in File Explorer - Automating the Fix

NAS not appearing under Network in File Explorer - Automating the Fix: I have been having issues with my WD MyCloud NAS not showing up under Network on the left navigation pane of File Explorer. I am able to access the NAS by entering the host name (\\WDMYCLOUD) in the address bar in File Explorer. I was able to find a solution that fixes this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WD MyCloud not seen under Network in Windows Explorer left navigation pane

2. nas not showing under network

3. synology nas doesnt show in network explorer windows 10