Windows 10: 1 second mouse freezing when opening or closing programs

Discus and support 1 second mouse freezing when opening or closing programs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have this weird issue that started when I upgraded to Windows 10. Whenever I open a program or in some cases an explorer window my mouse will freeze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by selereth, Sep 1, 2015.

1. selereth Win User

1 second mouse freezing when opening or closing programs

I have this weird issue that started when I upgraded to Windows 10. Whenever I open a program or in some cases an explorer window my mouse will freeze up for about half a second, as if the hard drive is bottle necked very briefly. I have two drives in my laptop, an SSD and a regular 750 GB hard drive. My mouse will freeze regardless of the drive that the program that is being opened is located on. This also occurs with a few specific explorer and Windows related tasks.

For example, when closing the task manager or emptying the recycling bin, the mouse does this freezing action, and while this is not a super serious issue it is rather irritating and sometimes the mouse will freeze even if there is no warrant for it. I could be simply browsing the web and it will lock up for a second. Looking at the task manager, there the HDD activity only goes up to 40-50% in some cases, so it is very annoying since there seems to be no apparent cause for this behaviour.

I have no reason to believe my drives are failing since they both check out just fine in benchmark and diagnostic programs such as AS SSD, CrystalDiskInfo and HDTune, I'm just really eager to know what could cause these mini mouse freezes. I don't believe it's a total system lock up since I could be playing music in the background and the music won't stop playing, but I'm still curious to know if anyone has had this issue and might have any information on what could be a possible precipitant.

:)

selereth, Sep 1, 2015
  2. KPKoen Win User

Windows 10 Mouse freezes while playing audio.

Every time I change my audio and here the sound my mouse freezes for 1 or 2 seconds.

When I watch a video I can not move my mouse untill I close the video with ALT+F4

This happend after the Windows 10 install.

Thanks for the help

Koen Janssen

KPKoen, Sep 1, 2015
  3. When you open a file or folder, or delete them, everything closes...

Quite often, when you open a file or folder, or delete them, everything closes at that open programs are not affected. Computer freezes for a few seconds, and then the desktop is restored. With Windows 10 pro. How to fix it ? Thank you.

ArifAbdurahmanov, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

1 second mouse freezing when opening or closing programs

1. 1 second mouse freezing when opening or closing programs - Similar Threads - second mouse freezing

2. Mouse keeps stopping when closing a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse keeps stopping when closing a program: Please help me my mouse keeps stopping when i close a program or randomly. I checked in Devices tab and it showed me this.I don't know the fix. I tried removing the device still showing this. If someone knows the fix please let me know....
  3. Mouse keeps stopping when closing a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse keeps stopping when closing a program: Please help me my mouse keeps stopping when i close a program or randomly. I checked in Devices tab and it showed me this.I don't know the fix. I tried removing the device still showing this. If someone knows the fix please let me know....
  4. Windows 11 audio freezes for 5-30 seconds often when opening or closing a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 audio freezes for 5-30 seconds often when opening or closing a program: When I have audio playing and open or close a program, usually the audio will completely cut out for 5-30 seconds. I have all the latest windows updates, and this issue happens regardless of if I have the Realtek drivers from Asus's website or not. I just have to wait it out...
  5. Windows 11 audio freezes for 5-30 seconds often when opening or closing a program

Windows 11 audio freezes for 5-30 seconds often when opening or closing a program: When I have audio playing and open or close a program, usually the audio will completely cut out for 5-30 seconds. I have all the latest windows updates, and this issue happens regardless of if I have the Realtek drivers from Asus's website or not. I just have to wait it out...
  6. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  7. PC Freezes for 1-2 seconds when launching certain programs

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Freezes for 1-2 seconds when launching certain programs: The PC would freeze for a few seconds when I open certain programs the first time after waking the PC from sleep. It would not freeze if I open the program again after the first time, until I sleep the PC again. Programs that would freeze are e.g. MPC, Potplayer, etc....
  8. While scrolling with mouse it freezes and closes the program

in Windows 10 Customization
    While scrolling with mouse it freezes and closes the program: Hey there , Firstly i am not able to search through my start menu Secondly if i scroll down with mouse wheel it freezes the start menue menue and then closes it . Same thing is happening in windows settings. Please help...
  9. mikrosoft programs close when opened

mikrosoft programs close when opened: so i have gotten a problem with my microsoft programs, like calculator, the mail program, and one note(these are the one i have tryed) i have had this problem for over 2 months now. it dosn't have huge effekts on y life but, it has some annoying parts....
  10. random 1 second freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    random 1 second freezes: I installed windows 10 when it came out and have since experienced random 1 second freezes. I then started looking what might cause it and found out that every time my PC freezes systems CPU usage goes up by 20%. I then looked with Process Monitor what is happening and saw it...