Windows 10: 10.0.240 Feedback app requires privacy change message

Discus and support 10.0.240 Feedback app requires privacy change message in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; You might receive the following dialog when you launch the Windows Feedback app [img] However, there is no setting provided by the GUI that you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Slartybart, Jul 19, 2015.

1. 10.0.240 Feedback app requires privacy change message

You might receive the following dialog when you launch the Windows Feedback app

10.0.240 Feedback app requires privacy change message [​IMG]

However, there is no setting provided by the GUI that you can change

There is a registry mod workaround over on the MS community forums

I've included a reg file in this zip that does the job for you. Download the zip file, extract the .reg file, then double click he .reg file to merge it into you registry - answer yes to any warnings you might get.

Download sbFeedbackApp-PrivacySetting.zip

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\DataCollection] "AllowTelemetry"=dword:00000003[/quote]

:)

Slartybart, Jul 19, 2015

2. Highlight search terms in a Windows 10 browser on Windows tablet.

The Feedback App is inappropriate for this situation. My request is a generic one, yet the
    Feedback App requires the user to "change your diagnostic and usage data setting to be either: Enhanced or Full. If you decide not to, we'll miss you".

Requiring that people open their computers up to Microsoft when making genetic suggestions is either sloppy or a deliberate exploit to give Microsoft the ability to degrade privacy.

Having Microsoft employees recommend using the Feedback App generic situations illustrates the contempt that Microsoft exhibits about privacy concerns.

I suppose that if one posts that concern about the Feedback App
    one will be asked to use the Feedback App to report the concern.

Mickey Segal, Jul 19, 2015
  3. Windows 10 anniversary How to remove all apps list in start

I second this request/question. This is one of those changes that just irritate me every day.

FYI - The feedback app requires you to change the diagnostics and usage privacy settings from Basic to Enhanced or Full.

Octagonal7, Jul 19, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

10.0.240 Feedback app requires privacy change message

Interesting .. I didn't get that when I started up the Feedback app.

BunnyJ, Jul 19, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    I think it's set to 'Full' by default.

Edwin, Jul 19, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Value of 1 is for 'Basic', 2 is for 'Enhanced', 3 is for 'Full'.

Edwin, Jul 19, 2015
  7. Wasn't on my machine, so it' sporadic.

Thanks for the value defs *Wink

Slartybart, Jul 19, 2015
  8. 10.0.240 Feedback app requires privacy change message

You're welcome Gary.

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

10.0.240 Feedback app requires privacy change message

1. 10.0.240 Feedback app requires privacy change message - Similar Threads - 240 Feedback app

2. Feedback Hub App minimum age requirement change confusing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feedback Hub App minimum age requirement change confusing: Salaam,Actually, I started to get this error/warning message since early August 2023, before that everything is normal. As a Windows Insiders myself, I annoyed by this warning because I'm already 20-years-old and sometimes this laptop had some bugs that I need to report to...
  3. Feedback Hub App minimum age requirement change confusing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feedback Hub App minimum age requirement change confusing: Salaam,Actually, I started to get this error/warning message since early August 2023, before that everything is normal. As a Windows Insiders myself, I annoyed by this warning because I'm already 20-years-old and sometimes this laptop had some bugs that I need to report to...
  4. Unable to change 'Diagnostic Data' value under 'Diagnostics and Feedback' in Privacy settings.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change 'Diagnostic Data' value under 'Diagnostics and Feedback' in Privacy settings.: I recently tried to apply for the Windows Insider program to get preview builds. The settings app then prompted me to set the Diagnostic Data option to 'Full' in order to receive preview builds. When I go to the Diagnostic Data tab, the options to change the value to either...
  5. Feedback Hub app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feedback Hub app: on windows 10 pro, where do I get or find Feedback Hub app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-hub-app/232b9f86-336d-43ed-b75d-94d8d87ecbf7
  6. Feedback hub app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feedback hub app: This app just updated and when I went to go into it after it loads and says 'something went wrong we're having trouble loading the info needed to send feedback, check your connection'. Is anyone else seeing the same? Our internet is fine, store app loads fine etc etc. I'm...
  7. Raid 0 help required.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raid 0 help required.: I have a GT72 6QE Dominator Pro G laptop. Can i delete the recovery partition (120gb -THE W10 OS has 117gb) in the raid array, so i have more SDD storage (2x128 SDD in raid 0)? I was going to use a W 10 home install DVD disc(media creation) to delete the Recovery Partition by...
  8. problem with feedback frequency setting in windows 10's privacy

in Windows 10 Support
    problem with feedback frequency setting in windows 10's privacy: Hi was wondering if anyone else is having this problem, i got a small update for windows 10 today and now in the feedback and diagnostics section, the feedback frequency drop down bar every time i select never it defaults back to Automatic ? its really getting me *Mad. 98111
  9. Your feedback is helping shape Windows 10 privacy

in Windows 10 News
    Your feedback is helping shape Windows 10 privacy: In April, we outlined significant enhancements made to the Windows 10 Creators Update that put you in more control to make informed decisions about your privacy. Those enhancements included improving in-product information, updates to the Microsoft privacy statement, and...
  10. Change Feedback Frequency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Feedback Frequency in Windows 10: How to: Change Feedback Frequency in Windows 10 How to Change Windows 10 Feedback Frequency The Feedback frequency control lets you choose how often youd like Microsoft to ask for your feedback as you use Windows 10. It's recommend that you select Automatically. By...