Windows 10: 10/64 Home Windows Explorer not responding

Discus and support 10/64 Home Windows Explorer not responding in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; System upgraded from 8.1 to 10 within the last month, was working okay but in the last few days we have had problems, very slow, and explorer not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robmar0se, Jan 28, 2016.

1. robmar0se Win User

10/64 Home Windows Explorer not responding

System upgraded from 8.1 to 10 within the last month, was working okay but in the last few days we have had problems, very slow, and explorer not responding. Also couldn't open Chrome.

Using the task manager processes we closed windows explorer, and restarted it as a new program with the same result.

Googling the problem we came across a suggestion to remove "Windows Explorer" from a registry entry in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options

(I notice win 7/64 doesn't have the entry). I have removed the entry after a registry backup, it fixes the issue, but WIn 10 is slower than it was, also Chrome now opens okay.

It would appear to me that this is another win 10 bug?

:)

robmar0se, Jan 28, 2016

2. Glitch in Windows 10

There is a glitch in Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Every time I click on File Explorer, it crashes the desktop as well as File Explorer itself. Is there a fix for this issue?

Jesse.Williams, Jan 28, 2016
  3. Media Creation Tool Fix

I downloaded the 64 bit Home Professional ISO from the file link above to the C: drive and have burned a copy to a DVD. Neither either boot nor respond to [setup.exe] [run] or [boot] in the manual file explorer...I can't even browse through the files on
    the ISO image.

MasiAlessandro, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

10/64 Home Windows Explorer not responding

1. 10/64 Home Windows Explorer not responding - Similar Threads - Home Explorer responding

2. Windows Explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer not responding: Hello friends, Every time I Start My PC and try to open my external desktop hard disk folder, Windows Explorer does not respond and I have to restart or close it from the task manager. this problem started when I update my PC from Windows 10 to 11 and after that, I don't like...
  3. Windows 10 home 64 bits

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home 64 bits: My new computer has Windows 10 home 64 bit and version OS Build 18363.1500. Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10. I am using my home computer. How can I get the latest version of Windows 10, where can I get the latest version and what is the name...
  4. Windows 10 Explorer is not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Explorer is not responding: Hello, My windows explorer is not responding at all. So this happens - When I start my windows after a few secs when I click on file explorer and clicks on any file then the explorer is not responding and after that, it goes black screen too. I have to abruptly restart from...
  5. Windows 10 32/64 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 32/64 Home: Hello, would some one tell me the difference beside price of the 3 different Windows 10 32/64 Home Versions I have seen on Newegg? all have different model numbers and prices. I had thought there was only one version of Window 10 Home. Thank you....
  6. File Explorer in Windows 10 Not Responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer in Windows 10 Not Responding: Hello, I am using Windows 10 on a new laptop (Lenovo D330) that I have used for around three weeks now. There were no problems before. All of a sudden, yesterday until today, every time I open my file explorer, everything works fine, it shows all the files contained in...
  7. Windows 10 home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home 64 bit: Ok one of my desktop that i bought came with windows 10 home 64 bit installed on it if i want to put the same windows on my macbook pro i would need a iso file and would i need a new product key...
  8. File Explorer not responding in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer not responding in Windows 10: I ran into the problem of file explorer not responding. I tried a couple of fixes that were recommended. I tried resetting the default but it didn't work. I tied restarting file explorer in the task manager and it didn't work....
  9. Windows 10 file explorer not responding

Windows 10 file explorer not responding: With respect to this particular problem. It started today immediately after I downloaded the Fall Update, and it affects both of my computers which have entirely different drivers installed. Why does Microsoft habitually blame the customer's equipment/software/drivers when...
  10. File Explorer Windows 10 Not Responding

File Explorer Windows 10 Not Responding: Hi. I recently reset my laptop (ASUS ROG Series) and since then the file explorer has been giving me trouble. Either it doesn't open (if I restart the laptop then it does) but then it stops responding again or certain links won't open and my laptop also crashed once because...