Windows 10: 10 Install Never Completes

Discus and support 10 Install Never Completes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ecuse me, no "eks" key suddenly. I signed up for Windows ten long ago. Got notice I could download. It did and began installing. After several partial,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cekkk, Sep 7, 2015.

1. cekkk Win User

10 Install Never Completes

Ecuse me, no "eks" key suddenly. I signed up for Windows ten long ago. Got notice I could download. It did and began installing. After several partial, (great, now number don't work but open another window) partial downloads I believe it loaded but then wanted to do something else every time I booted. Never completed. Now it wants a quick look at my system so I can schedule a download. But the quick look never ends.

So what? is the dated version, not to mention free, gone and I'm to start all over? I'm ankshus to install ten as nothing could be worse than the current situation. No viruses, hardware checks per Dell, etc. Give me Win 3 eks, EksP, anything but current offerings.

p.s. This nearly new computer, purchased to replace the HP $siks hundred MS ruined because it demanded to upgrade from eight to eight . one, after several hours acknowledged it failed to do so, promised to reinstall eight.o, failed at that, is a cheaper model that I will simply throw away if MS succeeds in totally destroying its usefulness. Old HP works after a fashion, not to mention over a hundred and fifty bucks to get it operational, sort of. There must be a special place in Hell under construction to house the MS team.
    I
    If I was unclear, let me assure all, I have had it with MS. I go back to CPM based computers. Not a tech, but I've successfully gone from a '53 Nash to a new 4 or 5oo hp diesel truck. Should be able to drive a lousy computer

:)

cekkk, Sep 7, 2015

2. Windows 10 Index never completes

Thanks, as I said, I have tried the trouble shooter and it finds nothing wrong

Doriefishy, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Index never completes

Try these first to see if they work:

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Also run the System File Checker utility:

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the Command Prompt, type: sfc/scannow

This will check for any integrity violations

Restart your system

If that does not work....

Press Windows key + R

Type: services.msc

Locate Windows Search in the Services window that opens, and double-click on the entry.

Check the service status (it should read running).

If that is not the case, click on Start to run the service. Check the startup type of the Service then, and make sure it is set to automatic.

If it runs already, click on the stop button to turn it off, and then on Start to turn it on again.

Also:

Restart the Cortana Process in Task Manager

Press Windows key + X

Click Task Manager

Select the Processes tab

Scroll through the list of processes, select Cortana then click End Task.

Restart Windows 10 then see if it starts working.

Reinstall Cortana

Press Windows key + X

Click PowerShell (Admin)

At the command Prompt, type then following the hit Enter.

Exit Powershell the restart

Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Andre Da Costa, Sep 7, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

I recommend doing the upgrade from the Media Creation Tool:

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

My choice would be to use it to download the ISO. If you have Windows 8.1, you can mount the ISO directly (as a virtual DVD) and run the upgrade directly from that.

I strongly recommend that you image the current Windows installation first. I use Acronis True Image, but the free version of Macrium Reflect seems to be popular. I hope that spending roughly $100 on an external backup drive isn't a hardship. (Everyone needs one, in my opinion.)

bobkn, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

1. 10 Install Never Completes - Similar Threads - Install Never Completes

2. Windows could not complete this installation please restet to install and it never works i...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows could not complete this installation please restet to install and it never works i...: Hello so i got a decently old pc and im new to pc so i bought a starter pc and i decided to delete local disk space and messed up my pc so everything was messed up then i ended up factory resetting it it kinda worked i just didnt have windows activated. The reason i made this...
  3. Windows could not complete this installation please restet to install and it never works i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows could not complete this installation please restet to install and it never works i...: Hello so i got a decently old pc and im new to pc so i bought a starter pc and i decided to delete local disk space and messed up my pc so everything was messed up then i ended up factory resetting it it kinda worked i just didnt have windows activated. The reason i made this...
  4. OneDrive update never completes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive update never completes: "OneDrive is updating files..." never finishes for archive.pst. That file cannot be found either on my computer or online. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-update-never-completes/03360ea0-e785-498e-9aec-b589394f3054
  5. OneDrive update never completes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive update never completes: "OneDrive is updating files..." never finishes for archive.pst. That file cannot be found either on my computer or online. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-update-never-completes/03360ea0-e785-498e-9aec-b589394f3054
  6. quick scan never completes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    quick scan never completes: I just bought hp stream windows s mode. it tries to to a recommended quick scan every time I am on the pc..the quick scan just runs and runs, never completes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan-never-completes/cc82d34c-1613-442b-9554-f49ec3ebb25f
  7. Quick scan never completes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick scan never completes: I have a Windows 10 S Mode and the security icon by the clock says it needs a quick scan. I started the quick scan. It has been showing a scan in progress with dots moving across the screen for sometime. I have restarted the computer but it still needs a scan. The hard...
  8. Windows 10 Update never completes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update never completes: Windoes 10 update never completes. Last update early December Since then It says checking for updates and never finishes - this isnt normal behaviour. Please advise...
  9. Rebuilding index never completes

in Cortana
    Rebuilding index never completes: I have developed a problem with Windows 10 search facility. It was suggested that I rebuild the index. I have done this now at least 8 times but it never completes and when I search I always get the result that windows is reindexing. The error message I receive is...
  10. "Connecting to VPN" never completes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Connecting to VPN" never completes: I have 2 computers running windows 10. I've setup a VPN connection on each of them, both the same. On my laptop, it connects to the VPN just fine and works pretty well. On my desktop, however, when I click the "Connect" button, it gives me the "Connecting to VPNname" message...