Windows 10: 10 Pro forcing logon

Discus and support 10 Pro forcing logon in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey all, I am having an issue with the Windows 10 machines that I have installed thus far. I do not use a screen saver, but use the power settings... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by deca2499, Dec 1, 2015.

1. deca2499 Win User

10 Pro forcing logon

Hey all,

I am having an issue with the Windows 10 machines that I have installed thus far. I do not use a screen saver, but use the power settings to turn off the display after a certain period of time. When the display goes off, it forces me to authenticate to get back on the computer. I have tried to shut off the screensaver, check, than uncheck the box for "On resume, display logon screen". No matter what I do, I cannot get this to NOT make me authenticate when reawakening the display.

Any one else having this issue or have any ideas on how to get around it? I do run a domain at my house for background info. This is very frustrating for me. Been working on this for a few days now with no real progress.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance...

:)

deca2499, Dec 1, 2015
  2. Vlasto77 Win User

"User must change password at next logon" does not work

Hi,

I want to force Windows 10 Pro user to change his password at next logon. I wanted to do it using Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups -> Users. I clicked on user and opened Properties dialog, then I click on 'User must change password at next logon'
    and OK. I tried it several times, but without success. User can still login with his old password and he is not asked to change password at logon. How can I force user to change his password at next logon?

Mentioned user account is linked with Microsoft account. Could this be reason why it does not work? If yes, is there a way how to to do it for Microsoft account?

Thanks,

Vlasto

Vlasto77, Dec 1, 2015
  3. yoavzi Win User
    Fast User Switching in Windows 10

what did work for me in the end was this :

open an admin command prompt (Windows+X to open this menu)

gpedit

then travel to

Computer->Administrative templates->System->Logon->Disable FAST user switching

and switch from 'not configued' to 'Disable'

close gpedit

then enter on the command prompt

gpupdate /force

for me it solved it all on windows 10 PRO

yoavzi, Dec 1, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

10 Pro forcing logon

Do you have the highlighted option checked?

10 Pro forcing logon [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Dec 1, 2015
  5. deca2499 Win User
    Hi NavyLCDR,

I do have that checked.

Thoughts?

deca2499, Dec 1, 2015
  6. deca2499 Win User
    Hi NavyLCDR,

I do have that checked.

Thoughts?

deca2499, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

10 Pro forcing logon

1. 10 Pro forcing logon - Similar Threads - Pro forcing logon

2. Force security key + PIN on Logon - Disable regular password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force security key + PIN on Logon - Disable regular password: Is it possible to force Windows Hello in this case. I'd like to use a Yubikey + PIN on Logon and disable all other forms of authentication. Can I disable the regular password option? If not, what would be best practice in this case? Just use 2 yubikeys (one as backup), set...
  3. Windows 10 Pro: no more logon prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Pro: no more logon prompt: Hey folks, On my company's computer with Windows 10 Pro, starting from yesterday there is not more the logon password box. I have tried all the suggested solutions that I've found on the web, included CRTL+ALT+DEL, restore the system from a previous saved restore point,...
  4. Windows 10 2004 forcefully requires internet connection to logon.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 forcefully requires internet connection to logon.: https://i.imgur.com/xi6MTLh.jpg Windows 10 Pro 2004 clean install, using Microsoft account, only installed new Microsoft Edge and rebooted after running Update for driver installations. Maybe it is to force Windows Hello, who I refused to use since it's launch (sorry, I...
  5. Forcing password change on logon Win 10 + Azure AD

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forcing password change on logon Win 10 + Azure AD: Hello, My company is using limited version of Azure AD and tasked me to force users to change their password regularly. When first installing system during initial setup of AD on Win 10 there was prompt to change password, but now when i reset users password all i get is...
  6. After Win 10 Pro upgrade, No Logon Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Win 10 Pro upgrade, No Logon Screen: Win 10 Pro Dell OptiPlex 755 updated to latest version of Win 10 Pro and upon reboot, the logon screen only displays for a milli-second. Can't log on at all. Help!...
  7. Force User Preparation on User Logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Force User Preparation on User Logon: Does anyone know how to force Windows 10 to perform its user preparation steps after a user already has a profile. I'm attempting to migrate a profile from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but the Start menu isn't working. I suspect this is because the OS never performs its...
  8. Force Windows 10 Pro to Version 1511

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Force Windows 10 Pro to Version 1511: is it possible to force an update to version 1511? I've had Windows 10 Pro since 10/17/15. My laptop has already been updated to 1511. I installed windows 10 on both my laptop and desktop on the same day. thanks 33031
  9. Corrupt User Logon Windows 10 (Pro)

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt User Logon Windows 10 (Pro): I will describe the symptoms and solution. I can only guess at the cause. Your normal everyday logon fails to function properly after a reboot and/or cold bootup. · Cortana fails · File Explorer fails to launch fully · Desktop Browsers will not launch (except Edge still...
  10. Win 10 Pro forced upgrade.. sigh.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro forced upgrade.. sigh.: So I remember last summer probably.. when I was switching to Windows 10 and trying to make it look as close to the classic look with the normal taskbar with no pinning, normal quick launch buttons, a proper and configurable start menu with subfolders to sort my programs...