Windows 10: 10056 hangs after initial OOBE

Discus and support 10056 hangs after initial OOBE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded Win10 Enterprise TP from Wzor (10056), did a diskpart /clean on my laptop's SSD , installed, and after I completed the initial OOBE stuff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maltesespace, Apr 18, 2015.

1. 10056 hangs after initial OOBE

I downloaded Win10 Enterprise TP from Wzor (10056), did a diskpart /clean on my laptop's SSD , installed, and after I completed the initial OOBE stuff and it did the "installing your apps" screen where it changes colour, i just had a black screen with a mouse pointer for ages. Same happened when I tried to install Win7 Ultimate. And I left it there for about a half hour before quitting on it. OOBE definitely shouldn't take that long on a freshly cleaned SSD.

This was on a brand new Dell Inspiron 15 7000 with an i7-5500u, 8gb ram, radeon r7m270 graphics, and samsung 850 evo ssd

:)

Maltesespace, Apr 18, 2015

2. [Windows 10] Airplane mode OSD won't show up after reboot

Tracking back to Windows 10 build 10056, can't reproduce this issue.

Sam Tsai (I3D), Apr 18, 2015
  3. Yumpin Win User
    Windows Defender processes very slowly

Thanks for the information........

The one link does pose a dilemma.......

Regarding the 'Out Of Box Experience....' (OOBE) discussed there.....

Choosing between the Windows Out Of Box Experience and my Wine-Maker's Out Of Box Experience (aka their Bota Box) is a real toughie......

For now, my Wine-Maker is the 'OOBE of choice....'

Maybe after a few of these OOBE's I will attempt the Microsoft OOBE..... but I doubt it.....

Yumpin, Apr 18, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

10056 hangs after initial OOBE

Given that it happened on Windows 7 as well, it would seem that it's something specific to your system...

Mystere, Apr 18, 2015
  5. Yeah I think its a driver issue. The system is brand new just released from Dell end of Jan so the drivers in the windows dvd's just don't suffice, not even the basic ones. I will try with slipstreaming the drivers via Winntsetup.

Maltesespace, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

10056 hangs after initial OOBE

1. 10056 hangs after initial OOBE - Similar Threads - 10056 hangs initial

2. Oobe errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Oobe errors: I got a new pc recently. And when I boot it up to get through the oobe page, it keeps showing errors that say “oobeeula” “oobekeyboard”, etc. Is there anyway I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oobe-errors/602e0c11-9aa3-404a-86aa-dd3501e364c7
  3. Windows Hyper-V Server Core 2019 hangs after fresh install just before OOBE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hyper-V Server Core 2019 hangs after fresh install just before OOBE: I am installing Windows Hyper-V Server Core 2019 to a 512GB NVMe SSD via USB on a new Dell Precision 3660 tower. The installation proceeds as normal, first copying installation files to the NVMe, restarting, doing the spinning dot churn for setting up the system, and another...
  4. Windows Hyper-V Server Core 2019 hangs after fresh install just before OOBE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hyper-V Server Core 2019 hangs after fresh install just before OOBE: I am installing Windows Hyper-V Server Core 2019 to a 512GB NVMe SSD via USB on a new Dell Precision 3660 tower. The installation proceeds as normal, first copying installation files to the NVMe, restarting, doing the spinning dot churn for setting up the system, and another...
  5. Windows keeps on Hanging for initial 15-20min on boot up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps on Hanging for initial 15-20min on boot up.: Hi,My machine works very slow and keeps on hanging up for the initial 15-20min once the machine is booted up. I tried checking if it's because I may have many StartUp programs on my machine. But surprisingly, I couldn't even find at least 1 StartUp program in the Task...
  6. Huh? I restarted my PC, then right after the lock screen, the initial setup screen (OOBE)...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Huh? I restarted my PC, then right after the lock screen, the initial setup screen (OOBE)...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SvenCuaresma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1ywbo/huh_i_restarted_my_pc_then_right_after_the_lock/
  7. OOBE after login (again)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OOBE after login (again): I‘ve posted this before but, this is kinda annoying, watching OOBE the most unwanted screen you want with „important“ setups, appearing in my face after logging into my user. And it happened multiple times. Even on Windows 10 1909, and still not fixed after the newest...
  8. OOBE

in Windows 10 Customization
    OOBE: My OOBE stopped part way through, so how can I start it back to gfinish it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oobe/067e1b25-9e60-4a45-9812-cfcf891d43c0
  9. Both USB and DVD installer hang at initial splash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Both USB and DVD installer hang at initial splash: yesterday I downloaded the 10041 ISO from the Windows 10 Technical Preview ISO March Update - Microsoft Windows I installed by mounting the ISO into a VirtualBox and enjoyed having a look around. In fact I like it so much at my initial impression I decided to move into a...
  10. Gallery: Windows 10 build 10056

in Windows 10 News
    Gallery: Windows 10 build 10056: Earlier today, a new build of Windows 10 found its way to the web and this time around it is version 10056. In this build are updates to themes, a few new icons and other tidbits tucked away under the many layers of the OS.... ....So, for those of you who want a closer...