Windows 10: 10074 not responding to click on shortcut

Discus and support 10074 not responding to click on shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 does not respond to a left click on a Taskbar shortcut if I move the cursor quickly off it at a 45 deg angle. Seems like you have to hold the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by linw, May 3, 2015.

1. linw Win User

10074 not responding to click on shortcut

Win 10 does not respond to a left click on a Taskbar shortcut if I move the cursor quickly off it at a 45 deg angle. Seems like you have to hold the mouse pointer on the icon for just a bit longer than you used to have to.

I am in the habit of a click then sweep of the mouse, up and to the right, to position it for the next action and that is catching me out now.

Anyone else see this?

:)

linw, May 3, 2015

2. Right click on Image file not responding.

The Community Participation Forum is only for questions about or issues with this web site. Return to your post, click Edit, then slide down to below the edit box and change the drop-downs to indicate what version
    of Windows you're using.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], May 3, 2015
  3. Right click on Image file not responding.

I already chaged it now im sorry because this is my first time to ask a question from this site.

Jan MichaelSimon, May 3, 2015
  4. rmonroe36 Win User

Ditto

rmonroe36, May 3, 2015
  5. Roger Win User
    Everyone seems to be experiencing that milli-sec delay and with indomnitable courage, natural ability, and a helluva lot of luck I have decided it is caused by a redirect through NSA, and forthwith deemed the NSA Delay.*Biggrin

Roger, May 3, 2015
  6. linw Win User
    Ah, didn't think of that! It's probably longer for non US folk as it has to get re-directed to our particular spooks!

linw, May 3, 2015
  7. Netrum Win User
    I have the same issue.
    It is really annoying. And it affects everything. Even games.

Netrum, May 4, 2015
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

No problems. . .doesn't mean I won't down the road. . .*Smile

9. caperjack Win User
    it does happen to me also ,but I never would have noticed it because I usually dont click and swipe an icon in one motion

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 10074 not responding to click on shortcut - Similar Threads - 10074 responding click

2. Icon File , folder, shortcuts & application right click - system not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon File , folder, shortcuts & application right click - system not responding: Hi we are using Windows server 2012 R2 as a terminal server. now we are facing the issue of right click issue. some times system suddenly not responding the right clicks and shows system busy symbol. on that time user cant sign out and sign in. also shows 'windows event...
  3. Icon File , folder, shortcuts & application right click - system not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon File , folder, shortcuts & application right click - system not responding: Hi we are using Windows server 2012 R2 as a terminal server. now we are facing the issue of right click issue. some times system suddenly not responding the right clicks and shows system busy symbol. on that time user cant sign out and sign in. also shows 'windows event...
  4. Not responding to clicking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not responding to clicking: Hi, I use an HP Pavilion running Windows 10 (OS build: 18363.1316). Today, after restarting it I noticed that clicking on certain thing in the taskbar wouldn't bring a response or open anything. For example, I cannot type anything into the search bar or press on the windows...
  5. Right click not responding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Right click not responding: Dear Support team, Need help below 1. Right click of any file, folder, application, software is not working, it keep on scrolling round? 2. Windows defender scan is suspending continuously while full scan or custom scan or quick scan? 3. Inadvertently I installed one...
  6. Windows not responding to clicks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not responding to clicks: Hello, I have a latest version of Windows 10 in my PC. Before some days everything was working perfectly fine. now, when I start the laptop it stops responding to the clicks. Sometimes Only taskbar works and sometimes taskbar doesn't work either. Also may times...
  7. right click not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click not responding: recently ,I reset my laptop and after the installation I face an issue whenever I try to right click on the desktop window the cursor goes to loading state and doesn't responds or open the context menu. Is there any solution ?? please help!!...
  8. Right click not responding......

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click not responding......: Yesterday i reset my windows 10 and after the fresh startup , when i click the right mouse button (right click) on desktop .....then it did not respond infact only the blue circle was just loading , loading and still loading.......How to resolve this problem please tell if...
  9. 10049->10074 Start button doesn't respond

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    10049->10074 Start button doesn't respond: Just completed update. Get nothing when I click on the start button. Everything else seems fine. 10049 and earlier have been fine. Really don't want to have to do yet another clean install. Seems to have been an issue for others on 10049 & 10041 which were fine for me but...
  10. 10074

in Windows 10 Support
    10074: Hi. I have just installed 10074. Is that the latest preview. Thanks 6418