Windows 10: 10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites

Discus and support 10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Just seeing if anybody else is having issues importing I.E. favorites into Edge. When I attempt to import the favorites, it says... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mayorville, Jun 29, 2015.

1. 10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites

Hi Everyone,

Just seeing if anybody else is having issues importing I.E. favorites into Edge. When I attempt to import the favorites, it says "Couldn't Import Favorites"

:)

mayorville, Jun 29, 2015
  2. Mohan B P Win User

How to import favorites from Internet Explorer to Edge?

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the favorites in Edge browser, let me assist you.

If you delete favorites in Internet Explorer, you cannot import the deleted favorites into Edge, but if there are any favorites in Internet Explorer, you can import them into Edge browser.

For further information on how to import favorites to Edge, I suggest you to refer to the below article on
    Import favorites in Microsoft Edge.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...a2413ce94e/import-favorites-in-microsoft-edge

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jun 29, 2015
  3. Lobar Win User
    Missing Favorites

Favorites have disappeared from Edge. The file structure (user\name\appdata....\Microsoft.microsoft edge_8we...\ac..\favorites) shows the favorite file is
    complete and present. However, I cannot
    import (with import function in Edge-always returns "couldn't import favorites") nor can I get favorites to display in Edge. I would appreciate any ideas on how to fix this. I think I have tried everything in the forum and on line, all to
    no avail.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Lobar, Jun 29, 2015
  4. 10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites

I have the same problem

bonniesandy, Jul 30, 2015
  5. patrickt Win User
    Mine did import favorites. I don't recall the process because it went fine. I only remember glitches.

patrickt, Jul 30, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    Have you upgraded to the RTM release?

swarfega, Jul 30, 2015
  7. I'm having the same exact issue with my Windows 10 Pro on my home built desktop. I installed Windows 10 Home on my Samsung laptop and the favorites from Internet Explorer imported to Edge with no problems. So why did it work on my laptop but not my desktop? Every time I try I just get a message that says "couldn't import favorites". *Sad

JerseyBiker, Aug 1, 2015
  8. 10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites

Where do you have your favorites stored on the machine that it didn't work on? In order to get the favorites to import, they have to be at the default location (C:\Users\UserName\Favorites).

If they are located any other location, they won't import & moving the folder back doesn't exactly work either.

You can try some of the suggestions from MS Answers:

Couldnt Import Favorites - Microsoft Community

mayorville, Aug 1, 2015
  9. That's probably the issue. I have my program files on my C: dive which is only 250gb SSD drive. All of my data is stored on my 1tb D: drive including favorites. My laptop has only 1 hard drive. So moving the favorites folder to the correct location on my C: drive will not work? Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: I went to that link in your reply and found a solution. The fix is copying the Favorites bookmarks to the Edge favorites folder and editing the registry file. It was a little tedious finding the Edge favorite folder. I now have all of my several hundred favorites in Edge. Only thing is the folders and single bookmarks are all listed alphabetically so they are mixed up together.

JerseyBiker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites

1. 10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites - Similar Threads - 10158 Edge Cannot

2. Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML: I go to settings and more go down and select settings but do not get the GENERAL selections that is shown in step three. Where am I going wrong? I am running Version 20H2 build 19042.685 latest update of Edge shipinomore 170150
  3. How to import Firefox favorites into Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to import Firefox favorites into Edge: I'd like to try Edge, but Edge won't even see Firefox as one of my installed browsers even though it is my default browser. I'm not going to use a browser that requires me to enter hundreds of sites one at a time. Any suggestions on a way to import FF favorites since it won't...
  4. Imported Favorites not in alphabetical order build 10158

in Browsers and Email
    Imported Favorites not in alphabetical order build 10158: I successfully imported my favorites from Chrome into EDGE. However they are in reverse alphabetical order. Is there any way to resort into alphabetical order? I can't find a way. Thanks 7551
  5. Organize Edge favorites in build 10158

in Browsers and Email
    Organize Edge favorites in build 10158: I like this version of edge except I can't figure out how to organize the favorites. When I add a new one it ends up on the bottom of the list and I haven't been able to move entries around in the list. I like the way IE allows me to drag favorites up and down. Edge will...
  6. Unable to import favorites in to Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to import favorites in to Edge?: Hey Guys I have saved my favourites in the default folder, they appear and work in ie, but when I try and import them in to edge the error states: Couldn't import favourites Not very informative? Any help appreciated 12277
  7. Import Favorites some are missing in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Import Favorites some are missing in Edge: Hi, I'm using Edge and having a problem when I import Favorites from IE. The problem I have is one folder in particular, St. Louis Rams that has 22 items in it, (see screen shot below) only one item/bookmark came over when I imported Favorites from IE to Edge. I checked,...
  8. 10158 Edge Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    10158 Edge Favorites Bar: The Favorites Bar is still useless. Favicons not showing and the links just won't stay in the order you want them. I was using the Hub for Favorites, Reading etc. If someone can tell me where I am going wrong, please let me know. Still no use to me for my default...
  9. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  10. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome: Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome. I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own??? This happens...