Windows 10: 10240_Pro Dual Boot 10525_Pro

Discus and support 10240_Pro Dual Boot 10525_Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; August 24th 2015, It depends on the size of your HDD but 200GB is all you need to dual boot 10525. The bootable partition takes only 13.6GB with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeMecanic, Aug 24, 2015.

1. 10240_Pro Dual Boot 10525_Pro

August 24th 2015,

It depends on the size of your HDD but 200GB is all you need to dual boot 10525. The bootable partition takes only 13.6GB with apps on it. You must split the HDD (NTSF) to do so and this free tool does the work for you.

Get it there:

MiniTool Partition Wizard | Best partition magic alternative for Windows PC and Server

Build a NTSF ISO image on a flash drive using this tool:

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

Boot with this flash drive and choose the 200GB partition (minus around 5 GB) that you created under Partition Wizard during the installation process. That's it!

:)

MikeMecanic, Aug 24, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

Always booting from the wrong drive

Drive K is not a boot drive.

If dual booting Windows located on the drive K: it will be changed to C:

You have to do the dual boot from the BIOS.

Check post from Andre da Costa on Dual booting.

lacrumb, Aug 24, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Boot Issues, Partitioning Errors, Backup, and Dual-Booting Windows 10

This was in fact a dual boot problem. All VM is dual boot.

lacrumb, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

10240_Pro Dual Boot 10525_Pro

1. 10240_Pro Dual Boot 10525_Pro - Similar Threads - 10240_Pro Dual Boot

2. Dual boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot.: Hi and thanks for the many helpful articles on here. Many are similar to my query but don’t seem to give the complete answer. My existing system running Windows 10 Pro 32bit has all my apps some 16bit installed and running well. Now my new system with similar hardware just...
  3. dual booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual booting: So i have a dell laptop running windows 10 home and i want to dual boot windows 8.1 can someone tell me how to do this. thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-booting/395dc945-8287-40ad-a71e-0bf8ff3afe7c
  4. Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot: This a fairly new system 10 months and a clean install 1 week of Windows 10 Pro. I have several drives available for Windows 11, but after the install of 10 and all the drives unplugged to get a good install, How should I go about the install of 11 and save myself the hassle...
  5. Dual boot

Dual boot: Hi All, Been searching for a clear answer but haven't found one yet. A few days ago I installed Win11 Pro preview on a spare drive with Win10 Pro already on my main m.2 drive. All worked fine for dual booting. The next day I was having some bugs in Win10 with right-clicking...
  6. dual boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual boot: how do i remove a dual boot to make it single boot system w/Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot/1f4d89b9-3e50-4e91-97b5-f8589935661c
  7. Dual Booting

Dual Booting: I have Windows 10 set in msconfig as my default operating system. When I turn on the computer I get the black Boot Manager screen and if I want Windows 7 I have to use the up arrow and hit enter. my question is how do you get that blue screen with both operating systems in a...
  8. Dual Boot

Dual Boot: Can I dual boot, Windows 10 and Ubuntu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot/302b7f69-68b0-4eb7-8a83-5b181a481eba
  9. Dual booting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual booting: I have set up a VHD and loaded it with ubuntu 18.04.1 LST. The problem is I can't make the VHD visible so I can't dual boot my laptop. If I go to This PC and look, all I see is C:. If I open C: then I can see the VHD but can't access it. What did I do wrong? How can I fix...
  10. Dual Boot

Dual Boot: This is a two part question, and please note I do not have Win10 myself. In fact I do not have direct access to the computer I am talking about although I do have the full technical details of it, including all drivers, etc. Firstly, If Win10 is already installed on a...