Windows 10: 10586 update issues - beware

Discus and support 10586 update issues - beware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've been reading here and I see I'm not the only one to have issues, but I think I have one that may not have been mentioned - namely, after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PetrosA, Jan 3, 2016.

1. PetrosA Win User

10586 update issues - beware

I've been reading here and I see I'm not the only one to have issues, but I think I have one that may not have been mentioned - namely, after the update and all the regular problems like resetting default apps etc., I also realized the update went through my Fonts folder and wiped out any of the fonts which had been installed by me or by other software. I normally have a number of fonts installed for use in Corel and (more importantly...) in Quickbooks which are needed for my business stationary such as invoices, quotes, etc. These were all gone and I was getting error messages while trying to print invoices this morning until I realized what had happened and reinstalled the fonts I needed for Quickbooks to work. Now I have to figure out which ones were removed that I use in Corel. Overall, it's a sucky move on Microsoft's part and they really need to NOT change this kind of stuff for an upgrade. This hasn't happened in all the years I've been using Windows, all the way back to NT 4.1...

We'll see if any other stuff got removed as time goes on.

:)

PetrosA, Jan 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 screensaver and sleep not working

There was a timing issue on system restart in the Windows 10 10240 build that's fixed in the Fall update (10586). If you're still using the 10240 and running into problems with this, getting the 10586 update may be helpful.

zachd [MSFT], Jan 3, 2016
  3. Mixzzz Win User
    Win 10 PC goes into sleep mode and immediatly restarts

The major update which updated to build 10586 fixed the issue.

Mixzzz, Jan 3, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi PetrosA and welcome to Tenforums.

Thanks for the "heads up" - I also have several special fonts I've installed on my system, so I'll keep an eye out for this problem.

simrick, Jan 4, 2016
  5. What version of 10 you have? Home or Pro?
    If you have Pro, you can set a Group Policy to notify for Updates before you install them.
    Just do a search here, its been posted here.
    Because we never what MS pushes onto our machines...

win10freak, Jan 4, 2016
  6. PetrosA Win User
    I have Home. I first got inkling that there was some kind of update when my browsers started slowing down which is a typical tell-tale sign nowadays. I'm not exactly sure how long the upgrade was there for before I found it, but it didn't schedule an auto-install.

Since I last posted, I've also noticed issues with my screen saver, which is flash based (but I haven't installed the latest IE flash updates yet), and the power settings won't shut my monitor off anymore after any amount of time. Something in my system is not happy with this update.

PetrosA, Jan 5, 2016
  7. Same issue here.
    Its the KB3104002 update for IE11.
    See my Post way on top.

I am trying to uninstall this update, but I don't see a way to do it.
    I don't see it in the View Installed Updates...

Only if I go into IE11 and select About and Help it shows this update installed.

win10freak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 10586 update issues - beware - Similar Threads - 10586 update issues

2. BEWARE OF SCAMMERS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BEWARE OF SCAMMERS: Today I recieved a phone call from an Indian related individual. He informed me that his company was going out of business and had to refund $299.00 Related to the fact that Windows Defender was no longer working because it expired. He wants people to download www.anydesk.com...
  3. 1511 10586 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1511 10586 update: Hi all, I have a Samsung Laptop which has Windows 7 Home edition on it. I have upgraded it to the Windows 10 Home and all is fine. Windows now informs me that an upgrade version 1511, 10586 is ready to update so I clicked check for udates and it says click to download,...
  4. Update to Build 10586

Update to Build 10586: I currently have Windows 10 (Build 10240). For some reason when I attempt to update my system it says that no updates are available. Does anyone know why I can't update to Build 10586? The latest Windows Defender updates install, but not the latest build. 43204
  5. Issues with Activation on Build 10586

Issues with Activation on Build 10586: Hi, I'm hoping someone can help. I have been upgrading some machines within my workplace onto windows 10. Using build 10240 I had to set the netsh winhttp proxy - to use our proxy server in order to activate windows. This worked flawlessly and would activate straight...
  6. New Update today BEWARE!

New Update today BEWARE!: I just did the latest update. At least it was for me. Low and behold Microsoft decided to install a little EXTRA DRM on me without notice. It's a file called Au.exe and was in the temp folder. The actual program name is Online Games Manager and was immediately caught...
  7. Boot issue after update 10586

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot issue after update 10586: update the windows and have this problem : The boot after restart on Windows 10 GA Build 10240: 1. BIOS 2. Windows Boot Logo 3. Blank Black Screen 4. Login Screen The boot after restart on Windows 10 GA Build 10586: 1. BIOS 2. Windows Boot Logo 3. Blank Black...
  8. Unable to update to Build 10586

Unable to update to Build 10586: I tried updating normally using Windows Update. It fails in less than 10 seconds. I tried using Media Creation Tool. It downloads the update, but at the end it fails again and tell me restart my PC and try again. I tried deleting the files at...
  9. Windows will not update after 10586

Windows will not update after 10586: When Windows 10 was originally available I managed to update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - with problems sending me back to Windows 7 several times. The windows upgrade assistant says my desktop is on Windows 10 update 10586 and updates up to 15063 are available. I have...
  10. Update from 10240 to 10586

in Windows 10 Support
    Update from 10240 to 10586: I currently have a version of Windows 10-bit version 64 10 240 ... in what way through a USB can upgrade to Windows 10 1511 Build 10586 ??? I ask this because I did the upgrade from windows update but unfortunately at logon not enter in windows Thank you Hispa 39525