Windows 10: 1083 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

Discus and support 1083 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since the 1803 update Windows my NEW pc rig keeps throwing a BSOD daily (sometimes every hour) Setup is as follows, but have also tried various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cheezystix, Aug 6, 2018.

1. 1083 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

Ever since the 1803 update Windows my NEW pc rig keeps throwing a BSOD daily (sometimes every hour)

Setup is as follows, but have also tried various combinations, same result.
    Windows 10 Home (have also tried Windows 10 Pro, same bsod)
    ASUS X370-FGaming Mobo (have also tried ASRock B350 Pro4, same bsod)
    AMD Ryzen 7 1700x
    Corsair Vengence 16gb (on QVL, and MEMTEST'd ok for 16 hours)
    Samsung 960 EVO M.2 (have also tried regular Samsung ssd, same bsod)

I've updated all bios and all mobo drivers .. same result.

Really running out of things to try other than rollback to Windows 1709 update and force windows to never update again ?

I am really just starting to believe this AMD CPU just will not work with the 1803 update.

:)

cheezystix, Aug 6, 2018
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Aug 6, 2018
  3. J.DD Win User
    APC Index BSOD with a Dash of Kernel Security Failure BSOD

Send a post to MSI not AMD sorry. Just say the 880k isnt listed on the CPU supported list on their site

But pickparter says it supports that CPU (that mobo).

Ask them who's right, you or them lol

Also tell MSI the BSOD youre getting and can it be caused by an incompatible CPU (thats if the x4 880k isnt supported)

J.DD, Aug 6, 2018
  4. 1083 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

1083 Update

I had some very important notes I was categorizing into different Sticky Notes on Desktop with plans to transfer them into a Word perfect documents. Restart after 1083 update made sure they are nowhere to be seen as well as other programs, and drivers.

System restore to an earlier date is not possible. Gone are all previous restore points. I can only restore it to where 1083 is installed.

No more Bluetooth Mouse, No more Bluetooth keyboard. Bluetooth does not even show up on Device manager.

Spent two hours on the phone with Microsoft Support out of Philippines on a remote session. They were no help because they were not "yet trained on 1803"!

NOW WHAT Microsoft?

AytacErcen, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

1083 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

1. 1083 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD - Similar Threads - 1083 update AMD

2. BSOD with Amd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with Amd: I have been searching on the internet for quite a few months now and still couldn't fix my AMD processor which keeps causing my laptop to BSOD when I try to play a game or just randomly, and each time will show a different STOP CODE. use an ASUS Zephyrus G14 GA401IH gaming...
  3. BSOD with Amd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with Amd: I have been searching on the internet for quite a few months now and still couldn't fix my AMD processor which keeps causing my laptop to BSOD when I try to play a game or just randomly, and each time will show a different STOP CODE. use an ASUS Zephyrus G14 GA401IH gaming...
  4. BSOD with Amd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD with Amd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with Amd: I been searching on the internet for quite a few months now and still couldn't fix my amd processor which keeps causing my laptop to BSOD when I try to play a game or just randomly. The thing is that when it crashes, it also turns off the Wifi and when the system restarts,...
  6. windows update downloads Intel update on an AMD cpu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update downloads Intel update on an AMD cpu: Why did I get an update for (KB4465065) when I have an AMD cpu. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do? Went through Microsoft chat and they could not answer my question....
  7. 1083 update fail?

1083 update fail?: We have 2 laptops both originally win7 but upgraded to win 10. Yesterday whilst running a backup to an external hard drive the update kicked in , we lost the backup and now we have desktop access denied together with a black screen,recycle bin, aircraft symbol, not able to...
  8. 1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD: Ever since the 1803 update Windows my NEW pc rig keeps throwing a BSOD daily (sometimes every hour) Setup is as follows, but have also tried various combinations, same result. Windows 10 Home (have also tried Windows 10 Pro, same bsod) ASUS X370-FGaming Mobo (have also tried...
  9. Windows 10 1083 update repeated failures

Windows 10 1083 update repeated failures: I have had many failed attempts to install 1083 update. Ran update troubleshooter. Takes HOURS to download then hours to install restart. Fails every time. Automatically attempts reinstall over and over again. I do not want it. Slows computer down. I want to ignore it but...
  10. Laptop unusable after 1083 W10 update

Laptop unusable after 1083 W10 update: My laptop started out on W7 and migrated to W10 through the push from Microsoft. After performing the 1083 update (not at my request ~ I had left it unattended and the update kicked in) my laptop just has a black background, some desktop icons, but no functionality or network...