Windows 10: [14393.953] Terrible gaming performance

Discus and support [14393.953] Terrible gaming performance in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello fellow forum members. Since the update from 14393.693 to 14393.953 I am experiencing very bad performance in several games (Grim Dawn, CS:GO).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by eLPuSHeR, Mar 15, 2017.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

[14393.953] Terrible gaming performance

Hello fellow forum members.

Since the update from 14393.693 to 14393.953 I am experiencing very bad performance in several games (Grim Dawn, CS:GO). Alhough more testing is needed the difference is quite noticeable all across the board.

Any ideas? Nothing else was changed. I am using nVidia driver 376.53 (from Windows update) and everything was running fine before 14393.953

:)

eLPuSHeR, Mar 15, 2017

2. 3D game performance terrible with windows 10

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the 3D games on your computer, let me suggest you to install the games using your other SSD and see if the issue persist.

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Mar 15, 2017
  3. njones201 Win User
    3D game performance terrible with windows 10

i have built many pc's and have never had a problem like this. i use a 1080p display, I have 8gb ram, a 500gbSSD (with the os), a 64gbSSD and a 2TB HDD. A i5-3570, and a 3gb amd hd 7970 video card.
    my motherboard is asrock. on windows 7 i had no problems and could run for example skyrim on ultra settings AND improved graphic mods with very smooth gameplay, bioshock infinte also could be played on ultra. games like fallout 4 could be run smoothly but
    not maxed out. i complely wiped my ssd and installed windows 10. my computer has never been faster, boot times improved as well. if i play 2d games they run quickly (but they likely arent heavy load anyways) but when i play 3D games the performance is terrible.
    i have tried windowed mode and i also can lower the settings down all the way but still the games are far to slow. games are installed on my ssd. now you likely will tell me to update my video drivers but believe me thats not the problem. I use amd's video
    driver uninstall utility to wipe any amd drivers and i have tried the newest drivers, i have tried much older drivers, all work but equally slow performance in games. i have also tried amd's auto detect video driver but that too was no better. i have also
    uninstalled the xbox app and for the **** of it reinstalled directx and .net but again, no improvment. what am i missing? my temp levels are complelty normal without any change. i have used gpu-Z and verifyed my dedicated graphics card is being used. somehow
    my gpu is totallyed under heavy load yet gives bad fps when i play games. but this only happens on windows 10.

njones201, Mar 15, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

What type of "very bad performance" are you talking about? I game and use steam......and to me my gaming experience seems a bit peppier.

Plankton, Mar 15, 2017
  5. tr00don Win User
    What kind of disk usage do you see in perfmon while the game is paused? Do you have a RAID drive?

tr00don, Mar 15, 2017
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Both CPU usage and disk usage are ZERO when GD is minimized (inside task manager). I haven't tried perfmon. I do not have RAID. Game is installed on SSD but savegames are on a mechanical hd. Using AHCI mode with latest chipset drives (Intel X99 chipset). Updated nVidia drivers to latest version but to no avail. Same crappy performance. I am all out of ideas. I don't know what is causing this.

I may try making a current backup and restore one I have prior to 14393.953 to try to isolate this issue.

eLPuSHeR, Mar 16, 2017
  7. eLPuSHeR Win User
    This is perfmon graphic showing cpu and disk usage for my mechanical HD (where Grim Dawn saves are stored). Grim Dawn is minimized.

[14393.953] Terrible gaming performance [​IMG]

eLPuSHeR, Mar 16, 2017
  8. eLPuSHeR Win User

Ok guys.

I forgot to check the obvious.

For some odd reason the Superfetch service was DISABLED.

Grim Dawn performance remains slightly the same but the OS responsiveness overall is ok now.

I have to do more testing with other games though.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. [14393.953] Terrible gaming performance - Similar Threads - 14393 953 Terrible

2. One of my games suddenly has terrible performance and I believe it's because of the window...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One of my games suddenly has terrible performance and I believe it's because of the window...: Every other game runs just fine, but Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 started performing awfully overnight. I know it's not hardware-related because the fps are very low even on the main menu. It went from having 60 fps in the main menu capped, 200 on the loading screen and...
  3. One of my games suddenly has terrible performance and I believe it's because of the window...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One of my games suddenly has terrible performance and I believe it's because of the window...: Every other game runs just fine, but Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 started performing awfully overnight. I know it's not hardware-related because the fps are very low even on the main menu. It went from having 60 fps in the main menu capped, 200 on the loading screen and...
  4. terrible performance after replacing my HDD with an SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    terrible performance after replacing my HDD with an SSD: hello! I apologize if this is not the right place to post this but i am in need of assistance, as i have just replaced my old HDD with a new SSD, and have installed windows on it, and the ssd seems to work fine but my performance in games has drastically dropped for some...
  5. Terrible performance, and I have no clue why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Terrible performance, and I have no clue why: Recently, my computer started to experience big issues playing YouTube videos. I used to be able to watch 1080p60 quality just fine (provided that nothing was loading the network), but now I'm basically stuck to 480p. The videos "buffer" even when there is already buffered...
  6. Project IGI's terrible performance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Project IGI's terrible performance.: I remember playing Project IGI on my older Windows 7 device with 1gb ram and some old intel's dual core processor and it used to run flawlessly,if i remember correctly. However, in my other device with windows 10 First the game didn't even started showing some error which i...
  7. Performance is terrible after Windows reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Performance is terrible after Windows reinstallation: I reinstalled Windows on my ASUS Zenbooks (UX303LN) but performance is terrible - the system often freezes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/performance-is-terrible-after-windows/f465e1b4-04a0-4a3f-99ee-7e101a61a6da
  8. Game Performance Terrible when Playing on Main Monitor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Game Performance Terrible when Playing on Main Monitor: Hello Everyone! I'm desperately trying to fix an issue that I've been having ever since I got my new monitor. I can't even really describe the issue because I don't understand it. Basically if I am running a game on my main monitor,...
  9. Windows 10 terrible performance issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 terrible performance issues: So I had a Windows 7 Professional, and yesterday I installed Windows 10, clean installation, not an upgrade. I downloaded CS:GO, and when I went in for a couple of rounds, I noticed a terrible lag. First thing I did was turn off Game DVR. Didn't help. Increased virtual...
  10. Disabling lockscreen with 14393

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling lockscreen with 14393: It seems MS have removed the ability to disable the lockscreen using a registry edit. On my tablet, I now have to swipe screen to get to login prompt and after sleep. If you set it to autologin using netplwiz or similar, it does not need to swiped at login, only after...