Windows 10: 1511 Broke my Conexant Driver - Any way to FIX?

Discus and support 1511 Broke my Conexant Driver - Any way to FIX? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; gang I had a perfectly running ASUS Zenbook UX305FA - first device i've had for which the Conexant audio driver would work consistently. Until 1511... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cognus, Nov 23, 2015.

1. cognus Win User

1511 Broke my Conexant Driver - Any way to FIX?

gang I had a perfectly running ASUS Zenbook UX305FA - first device i've had for which the Conexant audio driver would work consistently. Until 1511 came to town. Now broke again.
    The temp solution is to uninstall it in favor of generic High Def Device [MS]. but that will not last since Windows 10 cannot be prevented from overrunning drivers.

anyone know what the Conexant issue really is, at this present time, and how to patch?

:)

cognus, Nov 23, 2015
  2. Urghaaoo Win User

Windows 10 notification pop-ups become inactive and un-clickable

Thanks. I did this, but I eventually zeroed in on a buggy Conexant sound driver as the cause for my problems (Shockwave Flash not working in ANY browser in Windows 10).
    I uninstalled the Conexant device and the driver, and I'm using the default Intel driver for now - and that seems to keep the system working.

However, sometimes, Conexant magically installs itself, and the problem reappears. Any way to prevent those installs? (If it helps, I'm on an Ideapad Yoga 13 - the first edition)

Urghaaoo, Nov 23, 2015
  3. Heyyuu Win User
    How can I permanently uninstall Conexant SmartAudio HD audio driver

It's not work. I have done this

1. download and run the program you suggested.

Conexant driver is not on the list (select to hide)

2. uninstall Conexant driver

High Definition Audio Device is in used now

3. run program again

Conexant driver still not on the list (select to hide)

4. restart my laptop

High Definition Audio Device still in used.

5. run program again

Conexant driver is on the list (select to hide)

6. Select Conexant and Hide it

Conexant driver is now in hidden list

7. a few minutes later my laptop notify me to restart my laptop to finished setting up Conexant

Conexant driver is now disappear from the hidden list and take over my sound device again.

8. cry so hard

Heyyuu, Nov 23, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

JohnC, Nov 24, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, perhaps you could state what you observe- or hear- or don't hear..!
    I have a Conexant driver on my HP G60.. it survived the Nov upgrade. 2008 - v4.58

Perhaps you need to check the version of your driver and use an older one?
    If so, JohnC's post becomes relevant.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 1511 Broke my Conexant Driver - Any way to FIX? - Similar Threads - 1511 Broke Conexant

2. conexant driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    conexant driver: The message says: No Audio Output Device is installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conexant-driver/0ff42815-5abb-46ba-a433-bb56c05f6458
  3. conexant driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    conexant driver: The message says: No Audio Output Device is installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conexant-driver/0ff42815-5abb-46ba-a433-bb56c05f6458
  4. Is there any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to fix this?: The websites i´m on keep reloading itself and if i´m watching something the video/episode/movie starts at the beginning. This happens a lot and its very irritating, is there any way to fix this. I have used chrome for many years and this is the first time witnessing this. I...
  5. Is there any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to fix this?: One day I was starting my laptop and this appeared! I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps but nothing works! My PC manufacturer, "ASUS" said the Windows is corrupted and they'll be needing to reset it completely to brand new! Is there any way to fix this without doing...
  6. Is there any way to fix this?.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any way to fix this?.: So basically when i download i usually do 10mbs, but when i download now its 200kbs and when i do a diagnostic it says The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is broken. And it says this to fix it....
  7. conexant hd audio driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    conexant hd audio driver: i have conexant hd audio on my nv53 gateway laptop the only way to get sound on w10 is to use the generic driver why must microsoft continually at ever update reinstall the old drivers that dont work upon each and every update i just found a setting to hopefully stop that...
  8. Conexant Audio Drivers

Conexant Audio Drivers: Still have bad Mic audio with Windows 10. Have Conexant put out new driver yet. Tried Windows 8.1 and still bad. Asus X450 Laptop 64 bit. Thanks Roger 18502
  9. LPT driver broke in 1511

LPT driver broke in 1511: For anyone using the parallel port on their computer for a printer or other device like a lot of restaurants use the printer option, the driver has been broken on the 1511 update. Workarounds Enable Legacy PNP devices in the port properties in device manager. or...
  10. Conexant 20582 Audio Driver?

Conexant 20582 Audio Driver?: anyone have one that works? 7690
Tags: