Windows 10: 1607 caused problems with displaying taskbar, file explorer and other

Discus and support 1607 caused problems with displaying taskbar, file explorer and other in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After upgrading to 1607 all these strange problems occurred as you can see on the screenshots below. Do you have any idea how to fix it? [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marcellino, Jul 21, 2017.

1. 1607 caused problems with displaying taskbar, file explorer and other

After upgrading to 1607 all these strange problems occurred as you can see on the screenshots below.
    Do you have any idea how to fix it?

1607 caused problems with displaying taskbar, file explorer and other [​IMG]

:)

Marcellino, Jul 21, 2017

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jul 21, 2017
  3. J. B.M Win User
    Copy Move and Overwrite not shown

I have a problem with
    File Explorer and the Copy, Move & Overwrite
    notifications. The notification will not open on top of any other open windows and only flashes on taskbar. I can temporarily get it to display on top by changing
    File Explorer / Options / Folder Options / General / Browse Folders to the other option but it only remains on top for a few uses and then goes to the bottom of the pile again. Going back and changing setting
    brings the box on top again for next use but only temporarily.

I have run sfc /scannow but the report was negative for problems.

This problem can result in files not being copied etc unless I constantly check to see what is the operation of the hidden notification, is it a Copy or Move which will progress and then close or is it an Overwrite warning for which
    action is required. It is really annoying, causes unnecessary distractions to the job in hand by having to keep checking the Taskbar and opening the notification to see what is what.

J. B.M, Jul 21, 2017
  4. 1607 caused problems with displaying taskbar, file explorer and other

I'm now convinced more than ever that I'm not installing Win Creators.

Previously MS spent years between releases (and still had trouble making the new version behave):
    3 years between 95 and 98.
    3 years between 98 and XP
    5 years between XP and Vista
    etc.

So now they're rushing out a new OS twice a year? No wonder you (and so many others) are having problems.
    Count me out!

PS: Sorry I can't help you with your problem. Just a guess: update your graphics card drivers?

margrave55, Jul 21, 2017
  5. I have tried to updated the graphic card driver already and it didn't help at all.

If I would've known that this will happen I would not upgrade to 1607. Sadly, I was trying to fix it instead of rolling back to 1511.

Marcellino, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1607 caused problems with displaying taskbar, file explorer and other

1. 1607 caused problems with displaying taskbar, file explorer and other - Similar Threads - 1607 caused problems

2. File Explorer launch causing refreshed in other apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer launch causing refreshed in other apps: I have noticed a pretty weird issue in Windows 11 currently 22H2 Build 22621.2500:When I open Windows File Explorer it will cause some sort of "refresh" in the graphics subsystem. It's easy to reproduce:Open Computer Management right click windows button, computer...
  3. File Explorer launch causing refreshed in other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer launch causing refreshed in other apps: I have noticed a pretty weird issue in Windows 11 currently 22H2 Build 22621.2500:When I open Windows File Explorer it will cause some sort of "refresh" in the graphics subsystem. It's easy to reproduce:Open Computer Management right click windows button, computer...
  4. Clicking File Explorer in Taskbar causes crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking File Explorer in Taskbar causes crash: A few days ago, I started receiving a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error anytime I clicked File Explorer in the taskbar, provided a window wasn't already open. Explorer would crash, restart, and the icon would work for about a minute, before clicking it caused another crash....
  5. Clicking File Explorer in Taskbar causes crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking File Explorer in Taskbar causes crash: A few days ago, I started receiving a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error anytime I clicked File Explorer in the taskbar, provided a window wasn't already open. Explorer would crash, restart, and the icon would work for about a minute, before clicking it caused another crash....
  6. Clicking File Explorer in Taskbar causes crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. KB5004237 causes problems with file explorer searches

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5004237 causes problems with file explorer searches: I have just proved by removing this update, that it severely impacts on going to files with file explorer.Running the trouble shooter ion search indexing finds no problems.I have removed all temporary files.I have defragged the C: drive.It made no difference, search just said...
  8. Problem with right clicking on file explorer in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with right clicking on file explorer in the taskbar: Hello. I am having a weird problem. Sometimes when I right click on the file explorer icon in the taskbar nothing happens when other times I get the usual quick menu. It seems to be about a 75/25 split. I haven't changed anything and it only happens with file explorer....
  9. Why will File Explorer not show on display but show on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why will File Explorer not show on display but show on taskbar?: I have File Explorer pinned to taskbar. When I open it, it doesn't show on the display although the taskbar shows that it's open. I tried cascading windows, show side by side, stack, by right clicking the taskbar. I tried maximizing from pinned icon. It still won't show....
  10. Updated to 1607 and have taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated to 1607 and have taskbar problems: When I turn on my computer it boots ok and displays the task bar as expected. If I press power, restart the taskbar is empty. If I then shutdown the system and turn the power back on, the taskbar is populated like I expect. I can repeat this sequence and the same thing...