Windows 10: 1607 enlarges monitor image

Discus and support 1607 enlarges monitor image in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Woke up to numerous system changes & noticed the dreaded 1607 update got installed overnight. The most annoying unwanted change this time is that any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mark99k, Sep 26, 2016.

1. mark99k Win User

1607 enlarges monitor image

Woke up to numerous system changes & noticed the dreaded 1607 update got installed overnight. The most annoying unwanted change this time is that any maximized window now extends beyond the monitor boundary -- meaning I can't see its caption buttons, menu bars, status bar, or the rightmost or leftmost half-inch of the program. This is a repurposed HDTV with no option to fine-tune the picture position. Any ideas? Right now I've built clumsy VBA macros to modify the initial window position & dimensions when Word or Excel opens, but that's clearly not the answer.

Tried doing a System Restore to before the update, but it arrived in 3 parts (KB3176937 / KB3176936 / KB3176935) and apparently all restore points except the last of those 3 were erased! Grrr. *Mad

:)

mark99k, Sep 26, 2016

2. how do i enlarge displaly to fit monitor

how do i enlarge displaly to fit monitor

CherylSpielman, Sep 26, 2016
  3. Monitor resolution Distorted after performing Windows Anniversary Update.

Original Title : Update 1607 - Monitor Settings changed

Hello,

Upon updating to Win 10 14393.10 -1607, the images on the monitor are distorted, too wide and not in porportion.

I have tried changing the resolution, but this does not work.

The task bar does not work properly either, it keeps hiding part of the icons.

The MS Basic monitor drivers are not the ones that were being used and I cannot find the correct drivers online without paying for them.

The Monitor is an AOC 2050w

Thank you,

Martha

Martha1939, Sep 26, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Have you checked the settings on the monitor itself? Mine has a Menu for making changes but also has an Auto Adjust button. Then check the resolution of the display in the right-click of the Desktop and Display Settings. To each his own but I prefer a resolution of 1440x900 and 125% for sizing.

Berton, Sep 26, 2016
  5. mark99k Win User
    Yes, that was the first thing I tried, but as I said, this is a TV, not a monitor per se, and its video adjustments are extremely limited. Like you I also use 125%, and this TV has worked fine without adjustments since Win10 arrived (and for a good while prior in Win7).

AHHH, I just found the fix. Downgrading the resolution to 1776x1000 (was 1920x1080) worked. Could've sworn I tried that earlier too. Never a dull moment.

mark99k, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 1607 enlarges monitor image - Similar Threads - 1607 enlarges monitor

2. How to move image around with the "hand" when using spot fix on an image that is enlarged...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move image around with the "hand" when using spot fix on an image that is enlarged...: How do you move the image around on the screen after enlarging it, when using the new version of spotfix? When using the older version which I had yesterday!, you could enlarge the image to use the spotfix, and move the image around using the "hand " symbol. This way you...
  3. How to stop image hover enlargement?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop image hover enlargement?: Hey Guys, I have a weird question in any browser if ii put my cursor on any website it enlarges the photo even without clicking it. It does not open a new tab or change the page but only puts up the image like it is using magnifier. Magnifier is off and I have no other...
  4. Everything on 1080p Monitor Enlarged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything on 1080p Monitor Enlarged: Alright so i'm not really sure what is happeneing with my new main monitor but ever since changing from my 4k Samsung to a 1080p 144hz 1ms monitor evrything is now enlarged. I've tried everything from Display settings to scaling to the Nvidia Control Panel as well as a system...
  5. Enlarging at will

Enlarging at will: I got a brand new laptop. I have been using it and sometimes as I'm moving the cursor, it enlarges the document or gmail, or whatever I'm in, and I can't even access some of the buttons I need. I can't see how to decrease the size when that happens....
  6. Image on the Monitor

Image on the Monitor: The image on the monitor is "pinched" on the left & right by 1.5-2.0 inches. I need to fix this. How ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-on-the-monitor/e977edb7-0f35-48f3-8168-55ceceef33c0
  7. AI Image Enlarger lets you enlarge an image of low to high resolution

in Windows 10 News
    AI Image Enlarger lets you enlarge an image of low to high resolution: [ATTACH] [IMG]Photoshop is not the only software that offers the capability of enlarging your images with the help of artificial intelligence. Many other tools help you upscale and enhance your small and low-definition images. Moreover, they are free. AI Image Enlarger [...]...
  8. Enlarged taskbar icons on the external monitor

Enlarged taskbar icons on the external monitor: Ho do I fix this without a restart?[ATTACH] On my second monitor, the time font is too large and the taskbar alert icons are fuzzy like they're not scaling correctly: [ATTACH] Problem occurs when I dock my laptop. Have had the same issue with a Surface laptop dock and my...
  9. Windows 10 Build 1607 - Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Build 1607 - Dual Monitors: When Windows 10 upgraded my build to 1607 of 7/14/2016, I lost my second monitor. Windows will not detect it at all. I'm running a GeForce GTX 970 and have already tried updating the driver for that. Any help fixing this upgrade bug from microsoft would be appreciated....
  10. HP Image recovery windows 10 1607 Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Image recovery windows 10 1607 Build: Hi , I have updated my Windows 10 build from 1607 to 1703 ( creator update ) , before doing this I have made USB drive having HP Image recovery to make fresh installation incase any error comes up in the future , but now I find that HP recovery image program writes : Image...