Windows 10: 1607 Feature Update failed

Discus and support 1607 Feature Update failed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After getting my new laptop a couple months ago, I decided not to do do Windows Updates for fear of encountering the problems of the Anniversary Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Delly10, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Delly10 Win User

1607 Feature Update failed

After getting my new laptop a couple months ago, I decided not to do do Windows Updates for fear of encountering the problems of the Anniversary Update that were reported. Now I heard that a fix was finally included and decided to go ahead and allow my computer to update. It downloaded 8 different items successfully, but only 7 of them installed. The one that failed was called something like "1607 Feature Update". I believe 1607 is a number associated with the Anniversary update, although I could be mistaken. But after rebooting my computer after the other updates installed, I don't notice anything different, so it looks like I don't have any new features.

Is the 1607 Feature Update the Anniversary update that was supposed to give us new features? Will my computer still be secure without it? It's mainly the updated security that caused me to do Windows Updates at all.

:)

Delly10, Sep 17, 2016
  2. Kenkob Win User

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607.

The download for updating features to 1607 is there, but when I click on install it fails with the message "feature update to 1607 failed". I am 82 years old, don't fully understand most of it. can you help please with simple instructions

Kenkob, Sep 17, 2016
  3. JohnNaami Win User
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607

Feature update to windows 10, version 1607 failed to instal

JohnNaami, Sep 17, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Yes. It's a big download (3 to 4 GB) and will do a full install taking an hour or so, rather than the quicker patching that Cumulative Updates do.

Absolutely. All security fixes are released in the Cumulative Updates, there's one for each of the versions: the Anniversary Update (1607), the Fall Update (1511) and even the original release (12040). See the Update History here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...update-history

5. Bree New Member
    If security is your main worry, then don't forget to update Defender's virus definitions regularly. Windows Update normally takes care of that for you, but you can also manually update Defender at any time. Just open Defender and click on its 'Update' tab. There's an 'Update definitions' button there.

6. Delly10 Win User
    My Defender doesn't seem to be operative anyway. I go the settings section where it can be turned on or off, but none of the buttons are even active. I think it's because I have Avast as my AV program and it takes Defender's place. I heard somewhere that it does that.

Delly10, Sep 17, 2016
  7. Delly10 Win User
    Cool! Then I guess I won't worry too much about it then. I'm happy with Win10 as I have it now. It seems like every time an operating system gets changed, problems arise that need fixing.

Delly10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 1607 Feature Update failed - Similar Threads - 1607 Feature Update

2. Feature update failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature update failing: Using Microsoft endpoint to update our windows 10 machines to 20H2. Have a few machines where the update is failing. Windows updates installs the the update but then fails to complete after restart and roll backs.I have triedRunning the update troubleshooter on the...
  3. Feature update failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feature update failing: Using Microsoft endpoint to update our windows 10 machines to 20H2. Have a few machines where the update is failing. Windows updates installs the the update but then fails to complete after restart and roll backs.I have triedRunning the update troubleshooter on the...
  4. Feature update failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 1607 update to 1903 fail

Windows 10 1607 update to 1903 fail: My girlfriends kid brought his old computer from his dads house to ours.. Problem is that they've never heard of windows update or computer management ever, so when we tried to reinstall windows to reset is it to new it failed doing so after trying multiple solutions.. So we...
  6. Feature update from 1607 --> 1803 failing during creation of WindowsBT folder

Feature update from 1607 --> 1803 failing during creation of WindowsBT folder: Hello, We are using SCCM to upgrade from 1607 --> 1803. A small number of our machines are failing very quick after attempting the upgrade. They unpack 62.5 MB of content to the WindowsBT folder and then just stop. The logs don't indicate anything of significance. I...
  7. Win10 update beyond 1607 fails

Win10 update beyond 1607 fails: I have a Toshiba laptop, admittedly quite old, that is running 1607 quite satisfactorily - but updates to 1706 or 1 803 fail. The process runs for a considerable time, doing several reboots, but finally reverts to 1607 without any error messages - so I have little idea what...
  8. • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607. Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607. Problems: My computer keeps telling me I have an update which requires a restart. It is listed as • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607. (Is this what they are calling the "anniversary update"?) I don't know which build/version I currently have. The problem is, I have tried to...
  9. Update from 1607 to 1703 failing (again!)

Update from 1607 to 1703 failing (again!): If you look up my threads, you'll find that last winter going from 1511 to a properly working 1607 proved impossible after seven tries, so I cleared the system SSD, disconnected all the other HDD/SSD's and did a clean reinstall. Well, same thing is happening with 1611 to...
  10. Update from 1511 to 1607 failing

Update from 1511 to 1607 failing: Win 10 Pro i7 desktop (upgraded from 8.1), 1511 working fine. Tried four times this week to go from 1511 to 1607 and failed four times. Well, actually the first time via USB setup it succeeded, but when a day later I needed to boot into Safe Mode, startup ran on and on (four...