Windows 10: 1709 broke my networking now my computers can't be accessed

Discus and support 1709 broke my networking now my computers can't be accessed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 computers. On 1703 all computers talk to each other via shared folders without passwords on my private network. 1=desktop=1709=wired,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ruggb, Oct 20, 2017.

1. ruggb Win User

1709 broke my networking now my computers can't be accessed

I have 3 computers. On 1703 all computers talk to each other via shared folders without passwords on my private network. 1=desktop=1709=wired, 2=laptop=wireless=1709, 3=laptop=wireless=1703,
    All units can access my NAS b4 and after the update.
    I updated 2 from 1703 to 1709 and It broke a few things and the worst being my network.
    One computer is still on 1703 and I can talk to it from either 1709 unit, but it can no longer access either 1709 unit.
    Neither 1709 computer can talk to the other.
    I can see the computers but if I try to access them the message is that it is not accessible
    I have disabled the defender firewall. I have set the sharing and security the same as on the 1703. The network file sharing and discovery are all set properly.
    WHAT am I missing???????????
    The bigger question is why does MS think they have to change all this on an upgrade. I even had to recover my ownership as it assigned it to an unknown user - one of those Sxxxxxx things.

:)

ruggb, Oct 20, 2017
  2. iTimo01 Win User

Windows Share Problem

All this is happening on Windows 10 1709 with build 16299.64 (Thats what Windows shows)

After reinstalling Windows 10 (Previous 1609, now 1709) I normally created my shares and set up the settings.

But since then I can't access my shares from Linux.
    You might now think that this is a Linux Problem but since it worked perfectly fine before it can't be.

So now I can't access my shares from my Phone or my Laptop they all just give an error that there is a problem with the share or just crash.

I still was able to connect to the share (even though it wasn't shown in the network tab) with Windows 7 (Up to date), Windows XP (Up to date; Yeah really) and Windows 10 (Not sure which version should also be 1709)

iTimo01, Oct 20, 2017
  3. No passwords wanted

I'm now on Windows 10 1709, which, once again, messed up my networking.

Note to Microsoft: PLEASE STOP MESSING UP MY NETWORKING.

It seems that the HomeGroup ability has gone away, but there are still remnants on my system, and I can't change anything. How do I fix that?

And how do I set up the hundreds of places that have to do with security and password entering, so that I have full and complete access to all my computers without any restrictions and no passwords?

CarolynKay, Oct 20, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

When you update from 1703->1709, Windows reset some settings back to default. Make sure you have the "password turn off" under All Networks.

1709 broke my networking now my computers can't be accessed [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 20, 2017
  5. ruggb Win User
    Thank you, I missed that one. But I seem to remember changing that to try to fix it.
    Maybe it is a combination and it all didn't come together at the same time.

hat off!

ruggb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 1709 broke my networking now my computers can't be accessed - Similar Threads - 1709 broke networking

2. Locked my computer remotely and now can't access my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked my computer remotely and now can't access my computer: I locked my computer remotely with the Find My Device tab. I now can't log into my computer. When I enter my pin it tells me "An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the Internet, and have your administrator sign in first."I...
  3. Can't access another computer on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access another computer on my network: Since I've updated Windows, I can no longer access my other computer that I have networked. It says I do not have permission to access the computer. I've never had to utilize a user/password....
  4. My computer broke itself overnight??? (Network Adapters)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer broke itself overnight??? (Network Adapters): I can't connect to the internet on my computer anymore (using my phone). I tried everything I could find online like messing around with a few commands in command prompt, deleting network devices from Device Managers and scanning hardware changes. The only adapter present are...
  5. Network Reset broke my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Reset broke my computer: Hello, recently i used the network reset that windows has on their settings. It told me it was going to restart in 5 mins but i decided to just restart it myself. After the reset my ethernet was not even in device manger and now i have no internet. I decided to try and...
  6. Can't access my files on Workgroup network computer

Can't access my files on Workgroup network computer: I just finished with your latest update and now when I click on the link to my external drive I get a pop-up that asks for my credentials?? WHAT CREDENTIALS?? I never set up a password to access my remote files. When I leave that field (password in the credentials dialog box)...
  7. Updated Win7 to Win10 and Now Can't Access Networked Computers

Updated Win7 to Win10 and Now Can't Access Networked Computers: I just updated my Windows 7 Pro laptop to Windows 10 Pro (1903) and now I can no longer see other computers on my home network. The others have both been Win10 machines for some time (recently updated to 1903) and I was able to see them in my Win7 network (via HomeGroup...
  8. Can't access one computer on my network

Can't access one computer on my network: I have a strange problem and can't find an answer. My network has the following computers: -Win 10 Pro desktop -Win 10 Home laptop -Win 7 desktop From the laptop, I can't see or access the Win 10 Pro desktop but I can see and access the Win 7 desktop. I can see and access...
  9. Other computers can access my network, but i can't access theirs.

Other computers can access my network, but i can't access theirs.: I tried connecting to 2 different computer via Ethernet cable and WiFi but their pc can't be accessed and is requiring user/password login or network credentials to access. The settings Turn off password protected sharing and Use user accounts and passwords to connect to...
  10. Can't access my computer

Can't access my computer: New computer, set up networking to all the other computers (4) on my network, now trying to map some locations on my computer, click on the computer name and nothing happens, it doesn't expand. Network discovery is turned on as well as file and print sharing. This computer...