Windows 10: 1709 update - no cortana button under settings?

Discus and support 1709 update - no cortana button under settings? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello ive updated my laptop to 1709 and if i go to settings i see that new button "cortana" to set settings for cortana yet on my desktop computer i do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fleks, Nov 20, 2017.

1. fleks Win User

1709 update - no cortana button under settings?

hello ive updated my laptop to 1709 and if i go to settings i see that new button "cortana" to set settings for cortana yet on my desktop computer i do not have this option under settings eventho i have the same 1709 version
    whats the reason for this?

:)

fleks, Nov 20, 2017
  2. Deina K Win User

Text-to-speech not working and Cortana isn't talking

My current version is 1709.

And no, it works nowhere except the Preview Voice button under Control Panel (not Settings!)

Deina K, Nov 20, 2017
  3. HOW DO YOU TURN OFF CORTANA?

Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar. Then, from the left pane click the settings button, and under "Cortana" slide the pill switch to the Off position

IJustHelping, Nov 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, do you mean settings for Cortana here?

1709 update - no cortana button under settings? [​IMG]

- or are you referring to something in Settings?
    Perhaps a screenshot would clarify that. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 20, 2017
Thema:

1. 1709 update - no cortana button under settings? - Similar Threads - 1709 update cortana

2. “Buttons” tab missing under "Tablet PC Setting”

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    “Buttons” tab missing under "Tablet PC Setting”: Hello, We have tablets where pressing the volume up/down simultaneously acts as the CLT ALT DEL to log in. However, on a handful, it doesn't work. Forums say to go to the Tablet PC Setting” and then to the “Buttons” tab but there is no button tab. Disabling hitting CLT ALT...
  3. “Buttons” tab missing under "Tablet PC Setting”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Buttons” tab missing under "Tablet PC Setting”: Hello, We have tablets where pressing the volume up/down simultaneously acts as the CLT ALT DEL to log in. However, on a handful, it doesn't work. Forums say to go to the Tablet PC Setting” and then to the “Buttons” tab but there is no button tab. Disabling hitting CLT ALT...
  4. “Buttons” tab missing under "Tablet PC Setting”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. There is no wish list button under the Buy button.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    There is no wish list button under the Buy button.: There is no 'Add to Wishlist' button. Usually, it would be under the 'Buy' button. But, With my luck, it's not. It's not a serious issue, but it's kind of annoying. There is a screenshot down below. I hope you can resolve this issue. And yes, I have tried to update my Laptop,...
  6. Cortana Button not visiblees

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana Button not visiblees: I can't see the Cortana option even though, I have all apps option enabled I did a system scan and it detected nothing. What do i do?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-button-not-visiblees/ef863698-ed4d-437c-942d-1a9d7d407dca
  7. Cortana Settings

in Cortana
    Cortana Settings: Hi, I have subscribed for fast ring insider program and yesterday my windows got updated to 2004 build. After that I was facing issues in cortana. Whenever I am opening cortana I am getting the message "sorry but cortana is not available in english india at this time". As...
  8. 1709 Update ended with freeze on Cortana startup page

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1709 Update ended with freeze on Cortana startup page: I ran the 1709 update and it ended by freezing on the Cortana startup page. I cannot get to normal startup. Thanks for the help. 102153
  9. Windows Updates Restart Options in Power Button removed in 1709?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates Restart Options in Power Button removed in 1709?: When I was running Win10 version 1703, when Windows Updates required a restart, I was also able to select Update and Restart or Update and Shutdown from the Start >>Power button. But I do not see this anymore in 1709. Has MS removed this option by default? So basically, I...
  10. Cortana and Search buttons not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Search buttons not working: Recently I noticed Cortana had failed to operate when I hit the button. Then I noticed that when I hit search, again nothing happened. I think these problems may be related. 77278

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is the settings button for cortana