Windows 10: 1709 will not update. HP Laptop requires the BIOS to be updated?

Discus and support 1709 will not update. HP Laptop requires the BIOS to be updated? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I seem to have an issue with updating Windows 10 on my notebook. Once the update is done downloading and ready to install, the Windows Updater... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by green3n, Jul 10, 2018.

1. green3n Win User

1709 will not update. HP Laptop requires the BIOS to be updated?

Hello.

I seem to have an issue with updating Windows 10 on my notebook. Once the update is done downloading and ready to install, the Windows Updater keeps giving me an error about how I need to update or uninstall my BIOS manually. I've searched on how to fix this problem and I've tried the recommended steps such as using Microsoft's tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and actually updating to the latest BIOS drivers. "HP PAVILION NOTEBOOK-BIOS needs to be upgraded first" is the message I get. The May 2017 update for my laptop's BIOS is the most recent update I could install according to this page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-ab100-notebook-pc-series/8499302/mod... It is getting quite annoying as the Windows updater keeps popping up and there is no way to prevent it from not coming up as I can't update the machine. What should I do?

Model: hp pavilion notebook 15 ab153nr

:)

green3n, Jul 10, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Creators Update - 1709 won't update - HP needs to upgrade the Bios

I am posting this since we just had this problem, but found a solution.

------------------------------------

A friend brought over a HP laptop that would not update Windows 10 to the 1709 version.

The error message we got was, “BIOS needs to be upgraded before you can upgrade to Windows 10.” This computer uses an AMD chip. I have never seen this in thirty years of computing, but the tech support I talked to said that he gets
    calls about this every day.

HP does have an online computer Update Assistant, but it indicated that we did not need a BIOS upgrade. It was helpful in that it gave us computer serial number and other information.

The trick was to go to HP support page and search under computers and enter the laptop serial number. I got this from the Update Assistant.

It brought up the page with the BIOS updates. We downloaded the newest update – version 45, we were at version 16.

After starting the new BIOS update, and trying again to install version 1709, we had success after a number of hours.

For newbies, this is not an easy thing to do and will probably require help from a techie friend. If you are asking the question, “What is a Bios?,” get some help.

Since the computer was bought from Costco, we did call them and the Costco concierge team walked us through the process of finding and installing the Bios.

ButterflyGuy, Jul 10, 2018
  4. 1709 will not update. HP Laptop requires the BIOS to be updated?

Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

1709 will not update. HP Laptop requires the BIOS to be updated?

1. 1709 will not update. HP Laptop requires the BIOS to be updated? - Similar Threads - 1709 update Laptop

2. How to update HP BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update HP BIOS: Hello,How do I update my HP BIOS? My laptop is an HP 14-AC038TU running Windows 11 Pro on UEFI mode.When I click on update on HP BIOS Update and Recovery Utility, It shows the following error:Please help. My current BIOS version is F.12...
  3. How to update HP BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to update HP BIOS: Hello,How do I update my HP BIOS? My laptop is an HP 14-AC038TU running Windows 11 Pro on UEFI mode.When I click on update on HP BIOS Update and Recovery Utility, It shows the following error:Please help. My current BIOS version is F.12...
  4. Hp laptop not booting up after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp laptop not booting up after bios update: I restarted my laptop, and a BIOS update happened. So I didn't touch it and it got to 100%. Then the computer went black. When I tried to turn it on, it didn't work, when you plug the power cord in, the light doesn't even show up....
  5. Hp laptop not booting up after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp laptop not booting up after bios update: I restarted my laptop, and a BIOS update happened. So I didn't touch it and it got to 100%. Then the computer went black. When I tried to turn it on, it didn't work, when you plug the power cord in, the light doesn't even show up....
  6. BIOS Update on Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS Update on Laptop: Hi I am using Lenovo ideapad 3i. I bought it around One and a half years ago new. I got Bios updates like 3 times before and also updated them without knowing that bios updates are serious updates. Anyways, Currently i have a Optional Bios update on my laptop which i haven't...
  7. BIOS Update on Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS Update on Laptop: Hi I am using Lenovo ideapad 3i. I bought it around One and a half years ago new. I got Bios updates like 3 times before and also updated them without knowing that bios updates are serious updates. Anyways, Currently i have a Optional Bios update on my laptop which i haven't...
  8. hp bios update not cancelling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hp bios update not cancelling: so since updating to 20h2, i’ve had an optional update for hp firmware. it installed itself and is a bios update. the first time it came on my screen, i pressed cancel update and kept getting errors about my organisation not working properly, this prevents me from using...
  9. HP BIOS update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP BIOS update: The update has been running for 2 hours, and it still says it is only 1% progress. I tried to exit but nothing works. How do I get out of BIOS update, or is this a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-bios-update/0cfedf03-619f-4bf1-8d93-ed29f01a6020
  10. Does my old HP G60 Vista laptop require a BIOS update or a new SSD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does my old HP G60 Vista laptop require a BIOS update or a new SSD?: A couple of days ago I cloned my HP G60 Vista laptop hard drive to a Corsair SSD as part of the process of updating it to W7 and hopefully on to W10. The cloning was done using an external caddy via usb. The HP allows boot via usb (F9) but when I tried to boot from the clone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2018-07 Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for arm-based Phone Devices.