Windows 10: 18-year-old Windows bug allows attackers to harvest credentials

Discus and support 18-year-old Windows bug allows attackers to harvest credentials in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This week, security researchers at Cylance disclosed a vulnerability in Server Message Block (SMB) that allows attackers to harvest user credentials... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

18-year-old Windows bug allows attackers to harvest credentials

18-year-old Windows bug allows attackers to harvest credentials - TechRepublic

:)

Borg 386, Apr 15, 2015

2. Harvest O365 login credentials

Hi All,

Assume that the Android/Windows has OneDrive for Business installed, and authenticated with their Microsoft account.

Can I Use that authentication in the Android/windows for the custom app that I have developed, to exchange information with the OneDrive for Business account.

As of now I have registered the app with Azure Ad and have to ask the user for login credentials (O365) . Then I allow him access .

When we have a Microsoft account configured for outlook the One drive app uses the same credentials can I have a custom app which could do the same.

Thanks,

Shailesh

shaileshbhor, Apr 15, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    Harvest O365 login credentials

Please post this question on MSDN.

Entegy, Apr 15, 2015
  4. Vladimir Win User

18 year !!!

It's a legal age bug... lol...

*Smile

Vladimir, Apr 15, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Sorry in my book if it can't by beer, it's not of age*Drink1

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 18-year-old Windows bug allows attackers to harvest credentials - Similar Threads - old bug allows

2. Bug in Credential Guard in Windows 11 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug in Credential Guard in Windows 11 23H2: Hi,I experienced a bug in Windows 11 23H2 OS Build: 22631.2715 where I disabled Credential Guard, Hyper-V features on purpose to be able to run Oracle Virtualbox VM on normal performance. When I tried to re-enable Credential Guard and Hyper-V the same way I disabled them I...
  3. Bug in Credential Guard in Windows 11 23H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug in Credential Guard in Windows 11 23H2: Hi,I experienced a bug in Windows 11 23H2 OS Build: 22631.2715 where I disabled Credential Guard, Hyper-V features on purpose to be able to run Oracle Virtualbox VM on normal performance. When I tried to re-enable Credential Guard and Hyper-V the same way I disabled them I...
  4. how can i activate windows to trace and report resetting credential attacks?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i activate windows to trace and report resetting credential attacks?: Basically the problem is my credential are continuously being attacked, preventing me from being able to communicated {Freedom of communication, My outlook, my subscription to this site and many other site, always are asking me to resign in and also re verify my email...
  5. Old bug back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old bug back?: My Win 10 pro was automatically updated yesterday. Now, when I copy and paste a file with the same name from one directory to an other, a copy of the file name + copy +number is created instead of displaying the "overwrite or not" dialog. That use to be a Win 7 bug. Is it...
  6. Not taking my old credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not taking my old credentials: I have old Microsoft account and had written somewhere safe. Now I can't find it where I had written. Also my recovery email id not receiving recovery link. What should i do?...
  7. Help with 89 year old

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help with 89 year old: My father-in-law lives with my wife and I. He is always messing with his Windows 10 machine and messing things up. He does things like changing his passwords to absurdly long strings that he immediately forgets. Is there some piece of software I can surreptitiously install...
  8. Credential provider allowing login with no password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Credential provider allowing login with no password: Hello, I've done a custom credential provider, as the one in the microsofts examples. until now, I'm able to work well with it, but I need to change the credentials needed for the authentication (i.e. login in the user account without the password). I believe that to...
  9. One year update bugs and issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    One year update bugs and issues.: Hello, I've been having a lot of bugs with win10 ever since I got the update from win8.1..sorry for my english. Here are some of it. - Keyboard keeps malfunctioning most of the time. Like after logging in, I can't use the keyboard anymore. Sometimes the alt were permanently...
  10. Warning: Attackers can Steal Windows Credentials using Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Warning: Attackers can Steal Windows Credentials using Google Chrome: Attacks that leak authentication credentials using the SMB file sharing protocol on Windows OS are an ever-present issue, exploited in various ways but usually limited to local area networks. One of the rare research involving attacks over the internet was recently presented...