Windows 10: 1803 Cortana not working after removing Windows.old: White Screen

Discus and support 1803 Cortana not working after removing Windows.old: White Screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We get a white screen when searching Windows and no special tweak have been made there, not even web search. It was working before removing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MikeMecanic, May 16, 2018.

1. 1803 Cortana not working after removing Windows.old: White Screen

We get a white screen when searching Windows and no special tweak have been made there, not even web search. It was working before removing Windows.old. We have the same issue in Admin or Guess account.

Anyone with the same issue? Is there a way to get Miss Cortana back to work?

:)

MikeMecanic, May 16, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

Cannot remove windows.old after installing Win 10 pro

Hello,

Removing Windows.old folder would mean that you can not go back to the previous version of Windows. If you still want to delete it, you may remove it by using the Disk Clean-up app:

• Search Disk Clean-up on the search bar, after the app opens and finishes scanning, click
      Clean up system files. The app will scan again and then will list old windows files or similar, select the files and they would be removed.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, May 17, 2018
  3. remove windows.old

I would like to inform you that disk cleanup does not work to remove windows.old....ain't that nice!

Mikey The Magnificent, May 17, 2018
Thema:

1803 Cortana not working after removing Windows.old: White Screen

1. 1803 Cortana not working after removing Windows.old: White Screen - Similar Threads - 1803 Cortana working

2. Remove an old work account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove an old work account.: Hello,I have a Windows 11 laptop, and a family subscription to Windows & Office.I left my previous company over a year ago. The laptop keeps producing notification to authenticate for Microsoft "Lists" with the old work account. No other Microsoft apps are doing this, and the...
  3. Remove an old work account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove an old work account.: Hello,I have a Windows 11 laptop, and a family subscription to Windows & Office.I left my previous company over a year ago. The laptop keeps producing notification to authenticate for Microsoft "Lists" with the old work account. No other Microsoft apps are doing this, and the...
  4. White screen after windows updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White screen after windows updates: It seems KB5000908 has bricked my computer. It installed last night, since then when my computer is started it loads to back/white screens (one black, one white). The cursor appears and can move over both screens. Ctrl alt delete brings up the account switch menu, but task...
  5. Cortana black and white?

in Cortana
    Cortana black and white?: Hi, so i opened up task manager recently and i noticed cortana had a black and white icon instead of the blue one i usually see. I closed it and then reopened it and it went back to the blue. Is this normal or is something wrong?[ATTACH]...
  6. Cortana problems after 1803 -> 1903 upgrade

in Cortana
    Cortana problems after 1803 -> 1903 upgrade: Hello! I use the search function to launch programs *a lot*. Until today that was the same Start menu icon as Cortana. Now there are separate menu items. I've accidentally been clicking Cortana, *a lot*, and everytime it yells at me to set it up. I'm not going to do that....
  7. Cortana didnt work in my Windows 10, version 1803

in Cortana
    Cortana didnt work in my Windows 10, version 1803: I want to use Cortana in my laptop but when I turn on the "Hey Cortana" button still not working. Can somebody help me to fix this problem? Thanks....
  8. Remove old work account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove old work account: I have an old work account that is no longer active. I can't delete the account because it requires a password and I get a message saying the account is no longer active and can't get to where it can be deleted. I receive daily pop-ups telling me there is a work account...
  9. Turn off cortana in windows 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off cortana in windows 1803: I'd like to use search (superkey/winkey activated) to open up programs not to search the web or the store apps if possible How to turn off cortana in 1803? Can not find any option in gpedit.msc no more, turnin off cortana worked in 1709 is it still possible or has this...
  10. Any working way to remove Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any working way to remove Cortana?: Is there a way to completely remove Cortana? I disabled it, but it keeps running in the background. I did find some suggestions to remove it, but it also removes the search and causes problems to other stuff. So is there a working way by now to do that? Thanks! 38858

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows crashes when removing windows.old

2. windows update has left me with a white scree for cortana

3. cortana not working on 1446 build

4. cortana not working