Windows 10: 1803 Desktop Refresh Problem

Discus and support 1803 Desktop Refresh Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed 1803 from an ISO yesterday performing an upgrade from 1709 ?... and now I notice that the desktop icons and the taskbar refresh themselves... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andyr, May 24, 2018.

1. Andyr Win User

1803 Desktop Refresh Problem

I installed 1803 from an ISO yesterday performing an upgrade from 1709 ?... and now I notice that the desktop icons and the taskbar refresh themselves frequently I read one user said every 2 mins that sounds about right... to me it seems as if Explorer is refreshing it's self does anyone know of a cure for this please ? it's not a major problem just damn annoying.

The laptop is an MSI Apache Pro incidentally I have not noticed the same problem with the Acer Aspire or the Asus X44 I upgraded from the same ISO and Windows version, all drivers are updated to current versions that had no previous problems.

:)

Andyr, May 24, 2018
  2. mlh457 Win User

No List of Desktop Programs After Refresh/Reset

I just reset/refreshed windows 10 and chose the option to keep my files. The dialog said that all my desktop applicaitons would have to be reinstalled but that a list of them would be on my desktop when the refresh completed. Now the refresh has completed
    and the list of desktop programs is not on the desktop.

mlh457, May 24, 2018
  3. Refresh rate Problem

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Screen refresh rate is the rate at which the data displayed on screen is refreshed; it may be an image or some text document. Most of the users would like to set it to a higher rate but this also depends on the capacity of graphic
    card and monitors. If the refresh rate is slow, the images on the display looks as flickering to the user eye and makes it uncomfortable to work.

Nowadays the latest monitors available in market will have minimum 60 Hz of refresh rate and it is very good option to set it to 70 Hz if you your monitor is compatible. Normally a high performance or quality monitors can reach
    120 Hz of refresh rate. So I would suggest you to set your monitor refresh rate as higher as possible, below given steps describes how to access this feature on your Windows 8.1/10 PC.

• The default refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ); however, your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's documentation for information about the settings that your monitor supports.
    • If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate that your screen flickers; however, if you specify a refresh rate that is too high for your monitor, your screen may become unusable and your hardware may be damaged.
    • Changes to the refresh rate affect all users that log on to the computer.
    I would, as of now, suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest display and chipset drivers available for the latest operating system (currently it would be 8.1 in the list).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, May 24, 2018
Thema:

1803 Desktop Refresh Problem

1. 1803 Desktop Refresh Problem - Similar Threads - 1803 Desktop Refresh

2. Desktop refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop refreshing: So, i updates my PC to the latest windows 11 preview update today and when i log in to my PC it just kind of refreshes like 5 times until it crashes and restarts. To add to that sometimes when i try to log into my PC it doesn't log in, what i mean by this is that i put in my...
  3. Desktop refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop refreshing: So, i updates my PC to the latest windows 11 preview update today and when i log in to my PC it just kind of refreshes like 5 times until it crashes and restarts. To add to that sometimes when i try to log into my PC it doesn't log in, what i mean by this is that i put in my...
  4. Desktop refresh

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop refresh: When I delete a file from the Desktop and it goes to the Recycle Bin and I empty the Recycle Bin, the file shows back up on the desktop with 0 bytes and when I try to delete it again, it says the file can't be found and then I have to press F5 for it to go away....
  5. Refresh problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Refresh problem: After i refresh my pc to delete all apps, the screen stuck at please wait for hours. What to do? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-problem/617ceab1-ca83-4311-95c2-0b7de7c2a221
  6. Desktop refresh problem Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop refresh problem Windows 10: Hi, I have a problem with my Desktop continually refreshing on my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop - Windows 10 Home - Version 1903, 64-bit. I have not installed any new software recently and this has happened out of the blue. I can access Task Manager. I have tried to restart...
  7. Constant refreshing-desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant refreshing-desktop problem.: Hello, i have a problem with my keyboard/windows i don't really know te cause. Whenever i push "h" or "g" button my screen constantly refreshes itself but when i press "j" it stops, it's the same with "up arrow key" and "down arrow key" one starts refreshing the other stops...
  8. Refresh problem

Refresh problem: When i go to my computer desktop keep refresh, any solution? Just refresh when i go to my computer on desktop, and then refresh my all icons, i don't know what is causing that? Please help....
  9. Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.

Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.: One of the PCs has the remote desktop enabled to connect from the other. The problem that arose is that now I cannot connect by typing the name of the computer, just by its IP. I have two Windows 10 Pro computers that I upgraded to the 1803 version. Help....
  10. Desktop Taskbar Refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Taskbar Refresh: Having just upgraded to Windows 10 from W 7. My problem is that the Desktop and the Task Bar frequently refreshes. This results in any work I am doing on the Desktop is cancelled. Can anybody please help. Thanks in anticipation 54757