Windows 10: 1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

Discus and support 1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since the 1803 update Windows my NEW pc rig keeps throwing a BSOD daily (sometimes every hour) Setup is as follows, but have also tried various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cheezystix, Aug 7, 2018.

1. 1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

Ever since the 1803 update Windows my NEW pc rig keeps throwing a BSOD daily (sometimes every hour)

Setup is as follows, but have also tried various combinations, same result.
    Windows 10 Home (have also tried Windows 10 Pro, same bsod)
    ASUS X370-FGaming Mobo (have also tried ASRock B350 Pro4, same bsod)
    AMD Ryzen 7 1700x
    Corsair Vengence 16gb (on QVL, and MEMTEST'd ok for 16 hours)
    Samsung 960 EVO M.2 (have also tried regular Samsung ssd, same bsod)

I've updated all bios and all mobo drivers .. same result.

Really running out of things to try other than rollback to Windows 1709 update and force windows to never update again ?

I am really just starting to believe this AMD CPU just will not work with the 1803 update.

:)

cheezystix, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Aug 7, 2018
  3. roygecko Win User
    BSOD with no mouse or circles after 1803 update

Have tried again after listing the disks and get the same result.
    1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD [​IMG]

roygecko, Aug 7, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

1. 1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD - Similar Threads - 1803 update AMD

2. BSOD with Amd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with Amd: I have been searching on the internet for quite a few months now and still couldn't fix my AMD processor which keeps causing my laptop to BSOD when I try to play a game or just randomly, and each time will show a different STOP CODE. use an ASUS Zephyrus G14 GA401IH gaming...
  3. BSOD with Amd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with Amd: I have been searching on the internet for quite a few months now and still couldn't fix my AMD processor which keeps causing my laptop to BSOD when I try to play a game or just randomly, and each time will show a different STOP CODE. use an ASUS Zephyrus G14 GA401IH gaming...
  4. BSOD with Amd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD with Amd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with Amd: I been searching on the internet for quite a few months now and still couldn't fix my amd processor which keeps causing my laptop to BSOD when I try to play a game or just randomly. The thing is that when it crashes, it also turns off the Wifi and when the system restarts,...
  6. BSOD with Amd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with Amd: I been searching on the internet for quite a few months now and still couldn't fix my amd processor which keeps causing my laptop to BSOD when I try to play a game or just randomly. The thing is that when it crashes, it also turns off the Wifi and when the system restarts,...
  7. BSOD with Amd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. windows update downloads Intel update on an AMD cpu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update downloads Intel update on an AMD cpu: Why did I get an update for (KB4465065) when I have an AMD cpu. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do? Went through Microsoft chat and they could not answer my question....
  9. BSOD during Windows Update 1803

BSOD during Windows Update 1803: I am constantly getting BSOD during Windows Update 1803 for over a month now, multiple times a day. Right now it is KB4487017 that's failing. Earlier it was a different one. Either the update goes into 'installing' status or 'initializing' status and then just goes to BSOD...
  10. 1083 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

1083 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD: Ever since the 1803 update Windows my NEW pc rig keeps throwing a BSOD daily (sometimes every hour) Setup is as follows, but have also tried various combinations, same result. Windows 10 Home (have also tried Windows 10 Pro, same bsod) ASUS X370-FGaming Mobo (have also tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd a(-7650k asrock fm2a68m windows10 1803 アップデート