Windows 10: 1st BSOD on new Laptop

Discus and support 1st BSOD on new Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, so I just bought this laptop a few weeks ago, but earlier I did a clean windows reset, and then install all my files again, I have like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DarnJhud, Jan 9, 2016.

1. DarnJhud Win User

1st BSOD on new Laptop

Hi Everyone,

so I just bought this laptop a few weeks ago, but earlier I did a clean windows reset, and then install all my files again, I have like installed almost 15+ programs and after I have installed my programs, my windows just crashed *Sad

I have attached the DM Log Collector zip file.
    Attachment 57989

thanks,
    Darren

:)

DarnJhud, Jan 9, 2016

2. BSOD after sleep.

Thanks for your answer.

It didn't help.

BTW, at first it was a BSOD, but lately it has been always rebooting after sleep mode, and there is no new dump files. The last one was created on the 1st of August.

Maybe something is wrong with hibernation settings? Should I check it?

Vladimir Zaytsev, Jan 9, 2016
  3. Dukewayne Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD with multiple error codes

I am just setting up a new Win10 laptop. BSOD occurred 1st time after about 1 hour - DPC Watchdog Violation. Then I got Kernel Security Check Failure. I spoke to customer service and they tried correcting the problem. Next day I got BSOD again with error
    KMode Exception Not Handled. Another call to customer service and technician installed the latest windows update (took 3 hours). Now 24 hours later I get error Reference by Pointer and Kmode Exception Not Handled. Please help. I hope this shared folder has
    the required information.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3ZRbqAktXiwMkdSSDhSMmV1RGs?usp=sharing

Dukewayne, Jan 9, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

1st BSOD on new Laptop

axe0, Jan 9, 2016
  5. DarnJhud Win User
    Hi! thank you so much for responding!
    which msi software should I update/remove? cause this laptop comes with a bunch of MSI-pre installed software..

and about the "PxHpa64.sys" I searched online and it said its for the program called Roxio by Sonic, which I do not have in my pc..
    I checked my device manager tho, turns out my dvd drive uses it..
    Attachment 58169

I tried updating it but it said I have the latest version installed

DarnJhud, Jan 9, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    1. Having a closer look at the driver, link below, it appears to be causing bluescreens on several systems. I haven't seen it causing issues, but I suggest to remove every bloatware of MSI.
    Driver Reference Table - NTIOLib_X64.sys

2. Device manager isn't the best place for updating drivers, you usually will get the message that the most current driver has been installed already. It is the best to check your manufacturer for driver updates.

axe0, Jan 9, 2016
  7. DarnJhud Win User
    got it, I'm currently uninstalling all MSI bloatware,
    but is there a way to check what manufacturer is my DVD drive? I tried checking the MSI GE62 website for drivers but no DVD drive included..

DarnJhud, Jan 9, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

1st BSOD on new Laptop

Normally the owner of a laptop gets all of the drivers from the laptop manufacturer.

It looks like Microsoft is the driver provider, from your screenshot.
    If that is correct then Microsoft pushes an update for the driver, but you can't force Windows Update in any way for a specific update.

axe0, Jan 9, 2016
  9. DarnJhud Win User
    well actually its a company called rovi
    Attachment 58183

but i tried searching for a driver from them but I coudn't find any?
    i guess that's that huh?
    so far I haven't had any BSOD since the 1st one that was last night..

DarnJhud, Jan 9, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    I only raised it so you would be aware of it, nothing more *Smile

Good to hear.

11. DarnJhud Win User
    would you recommend getting a 3rd party driver updater though? to keep drivers up to date.
    cause I tried downloading the tweakbit driver updater and only did a scan to see if theres any driver need to be updated and it says all of my intel are out of date *cry

DarnJhud, Jan 9, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    NEVER USE 3rd part driver updaters

1st BSOD on new Laptop [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.

With laptops, ONLY get drivers from the manufacturer.

13. DarnJhud Win User

1st BSOD on new Laptop

With laptops, ONLY get drivers from the manufacturer. got it! good thing I didn't purchase to activate it.. thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!
    I guess I'll be marking this thread as solved, I'll let you know If I get BSOD again though.. thanks again!

DarnJhud, Jan 9, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome *Smile

Glad I could help.

15. DarnJhud Win User
    Hi axe0,

So unfortunately I ran into another BSoD *Sad

so this what happenned.. for some reason I did another reset on my laptop "I did the remove everything, quicker version" I kinda did twice..

so after the reset I removed all MSI bloatware like we did before and installed all my apps, everythings seems to be working fine.. and then after I'm done I press the shutdown button and then it was starting to turn off my PC then suddenly a blue screen *Sad

I have attached the DM_Log
    Attachment 59223

PS: do you want me to post new thread for this or nah?

Thanks,
    Darren

EDIT: I got a 2nd BSoD here's the logs.
    Attachment 59248

DarnJhud, Jan 16, 2016
Thema:

1st BSOD on new Laptop

1. 1st BSOD on new Laptop - Similar Threads - 1st BSOD Laptop

2. New laptop BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop BSOD.: I have recently purchased a new laptop Lenovo Loq 15 without OS. After installing Windows 11 and various drivers using GeForce Experience and Lenovo Vantage everything was running fine for the first few days, but now my system seems to crash at unexpected times usually when...
  3. New laptop BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop BSOD.: I have recently purchased a new laptop Lenovo Loq 15 without OS. After installing Windows 11 and various drivers using GeForce Experience and Lenovo Vantage everything was running fine for the first few days, but now my system seems to crash at unexpected times usually when...
  4. BSOD on new laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on new laptop?: I recently got a HP OMEN OMEN Laptop 15 as a gift,, however every couple of days it has a BSOD for seemingly no reason? Here's some of my error logs. Is there anything I can do to fix this?...
  5. bsod on new laptop

bsod on new laptop: Hi just wondering the cause, thanks!
  6. BSOD of new Laptop

BSOD of new Laptop: I recently purchased a new laptop, it's only a little over a month old and today while watching YouTube I got a BSOD, looking in BlueScreenView it seems to be related to Kaspersky Total Security which came free with my laptop purchase. Knowing it's Kaspersky related is all I...
  7. Surface laptop 1st gen OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface laptop 1st gen OS: If I buy a surface laprop 1st generation from Amazon, can I still upgrade its OS from "S" to Pro free? and How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-laptop-1st-gen-os/82b0c04f-805e-4262-a5f4-bf9a3254752b
  8. Black Screen (not the 'proper' BSOD) - 1st of 3 new threads. Win 10

Black Screen (not the 'proper' BSOD) - 1st of 3 new threads. Win 10: 1 of 3: Whilst I was in the middle of responding to Andre for Directly about a Black Screen problem where I had posted Event Viewer snips, the same problem happened again three times. The first of three snips is below - it makes sense to me that Andre deals with this....
  9. BSOD on new Laptop

BSOD on new Laptop: Hello - I just bought a new laptop, which came with a preinstalled windows 8.1. I immediately updated the computer to windows 10 without any issues. I have been using it for some days now, but upon during a movie playback I got my first BSOD (kernel security check...
  10. 1st BSOD on Windows 10, KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE (new laptop)

1st BSOD on Windows 10, KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE (new laptop): Hi guys. I bought the laptop (refer to specs) last Saturday and upgraded it to Win10 yesterday without any problems. It was ok for the first 32 hours, playing games (PoE and Shadowrun) and using Chrome, when the BSOD happened. Chrome was on at the time, there was a WD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell g5 5587 bsod nvidia event log errors