Windows 10: 1st BSOD on Windows 10, KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE (new laptop)

Discus and support 1st BSOD on Windows 10, KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE (new laptop) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys. I bought the laptop (refer to specs) last Saturday and upgraded it to Win10 yesterday without any problems. It was ok for the first 32 hours,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sam ihsan, Sep 9, 2015.

1. sam ihsan Win User

1st BSOD on Windows 10, KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE (new laptop)

Hi guys. I bought the laptop (refer to specs) last Saturday and upgraded it to Win10 yesterday without any problems. It was ok for the first 32 hours, playing games (PoE and Shadowrun) and using Chrome, when the BSOD happened. Chrome was on at the time, there was a WD external hard-drive connected through USB and I was installing Daum Potplayer. The installation was halfway done when the BSOD struck. After Windows finished collecting data, it reboots itself without any problems. Once it arrived at desktop after rebooting, I immediately ejected the hard-drive, googled this error and arrived here. I have attached the debug file below as per the instructions. About the Potplayer installation, the shortcut is at the desktop and Start Menu, and the files are in Program Files, but doesn't show up in Control Panel (for repair and uninstall), so I don't know what to do with that.

Thanks!

:)

sam ihsan, Sep 9, 2015
  2. uyt.95 Win User

BSOD: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when waking up from sleep

When I wake up my laptop from sleep it sometimes goes into a BSOD with the code KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE. This doesn't happen everytime, but it usually does at least once a day.

My laptop is a HP ProBook 650 G1 with following specs:

• Intel Core i5
    • 4GB RAM
    • AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    • Intel HD 4600
    • SSD

The problems persist even after I did a clean install. I tried checking the memory and the disk but they passed the tests. I also updated the drivers and Windows 10 is up to date.

The minidump gave me the following info:

*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiFastFailDispatch+d0 )

Below are the most recent minidumps and an event file. The events are almost identical every time except for the timing.

Example Event XML

Minidump 1Minidump 2

This is all I could come up with myself, any ideas?

UPDATE:

Drivers

System info

uyt.95, Sep 9, 2015
  3. Blue Screen of death after Windows 10 Anniversary update

Using a Dell Alien came with windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10 in June 2016. I never had an issue with the system before the migration to Windows 10. Microsoft should financially compensate the owners for releasing a product that has so many problems.

Installed several updates from Windows and since then been getting BSOD for Stopcode " Kernel_Security check failure".

I have seen other posts for same failures.

Bill Brewer, Sep 9, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi sam ihsan,

The graphics drivers are being blamed.
    Please make sure your drivers are up to date from your manufacturer.

Code: 3: kd> lmvm nvlddmkmstart end module name fffff801`43910000 fffff801`443f8000 nvlddmkm (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Thu Jul 23 02:15:19 2015 (55B03217) CheckSum: 00AAF49B ImageSize: 00AE8000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Sep 9, 2015
  5. sam ihsan Win User
    Installed latest Nvidia driver (355.82). Now, what to do?

sam ihsan, Sep 9, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Test it out, if there comes a bluescreen, please use the tool again and upload the zip file.

axe0, Sep 9, 2015
  7. sam ihsan Win User
    Four days without a crash. I think the problem is solved. Thanks!

sam ihsan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 1st BSOD on Windows 10, KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE (new laptop) - Similar Threads - 1st BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY

2. New laptop windows 10 slow user accounts except 1st account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop windows 10 slow user accounts except 1st account.: I have set up a new dell laptop and have the following issue: The 1st account created works great all around. Created an 2nd account for use as standard account to protect computer. That account seems to work well EXCEPT on the Internet. Tried another account- same thing. It...
  3. New laptop windows 10 slow user accounts except 1st account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop windows 10 slow user accounts except 1st account.: I have set up a new dell laptop and have the following issue: The 1st account created works great all around. Created an 2nd account for use as standard account to protect computer. That account seems to work well EXCEPT on the Internet. Tried another account- same thing. It...
  4. New laptop windows 10 slow user accounts except 1st account.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. New Surface Laptop (1st Gen) firmware released for Windows 10 - May 6

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Laptop (1st Gen) firmware released for Windows 10 - May 6: Improvements and fixes in the update May 2021 updates May 06 release The following updates are available for Surface Laptop (1st Gen) devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, version 1903, or greater. Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Version and Update...
  6. Lots of IRQ_Less... and KERNEL_SECURITY... BSODs on 2 month old build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lots of IRQ_Less... and KERNEL_SECURITY... BSODs on 2 month old build: I did a new Win 10 Pro 64 build last 30 December. A few weeks later, I started getting BSODs. Passmark Memtest86 found RAM defects. Corsair replaced the RAM, lifetime warranty. BSODs continued. On 27 Feb, ran sfc and dism commands per instructions found on web searches, but...
  7. Black Screen (not the 'proper' BSOD) - 1st of 3 new threads. Win 10

Black Screen (not the 'proper' BSOD) - 1st of 3 new threads. Win 10: 1 of 3: Whilst I was in the middle of responding to Andre for Directly about a Black Screen problem where I had posted Event Viewer snips, the same problem happened again three times. The first of three snips is below - it makes sense to me that Andre deals with this....
  8. 1st BSOD on new Laptop

1st BSOD on new Laptop: Hi Everyone, so I just bought this laptop a few weeks ago, but earlier I did a clean windows reset, and then install all my files again, I have like installed almost 15+ programs and after I have installed my programs, my windows just crashed *Sad I have attached the DM...
  9. My latest BSOD, KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE

My latest BSOD, KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE: Hello all, this is the first in what may be a series of postings here to track down issues that I am having. I don't know if the log collector exe accesses Event Viewer Logs or not but I apologize in advance if there is not enough data to diagnose a problem. As there were...
  10. KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE installing PotPlayer

KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE installing PotPlayer: When I run the installer for PotPlayer (http://get.daum.net/PotPlayer64/v3/PotPlayerSetup64.exe), it gets most of the way through the installation and then BSODs with a KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK_FAILURE. This is 100% repeatable and crashes in the same way each time. Just to be on...