Windows 10: 1st sign of OneDrive placeholders returning appears in Redstone build

Discus and support 1st sign of OneDrive placeholders returning appears in Redstone build in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Rumors have been swirling around for a few months now that OneDrive placeholders would make a return in the Redstone update for Windows 10. Twitter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

1st sign of OneDrive placeholders returning appears in Redstone build

As with all early signs like this, we always advise readers to take them with a grain of salt. While it's clear that it has something to do with cloud storage and with something called "Placeholder", that is quite literally all we know for sure...

:)

Brink, Feb 24, 2016

2. No OneDrive placeholders on WIn 10?

Work Around Instructions

This works great.. a work around...not perfect. but ok

1 Sign-in to your OneDrive account in your web browser

2 Click on Files

3 From the address bar copy the CID ID. This is the part of the URL after
    “?cid=”. The URL looks something like this: OneDrive. In this case, I will copy the this part
    “d1sareageat38asde9ec6”.

4 Open File Explorer and go to This
    PC

5 From the ribbon menu, go to Computer, and then click
    Map
    Network
    Drive

6 In the Folder field type the following address:

MercedesGuyW211, Feb 24, 2016
  3. Cannot read my JPEG photos and MP4 files

The Windows Photo Viewer is still part of Windows 10 (at least it is in the public release builds, the redstone build appears to lack it, so this will quickly come out of date if they are stripping it).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 24, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

I would welcome this, assuming the article is correct in what this could mean. I would like to see the whole content of my OneDrive in File Explorer, yet use selective syncing.

5. BunnyJ New Member
    Interesting and thanks for sharing.

BunnyJ, Feb 24, 2016
  6. Mystere Win User
    It could just be a literal placeholder for a string that will be used in the future... *Wink

Mystere, Feb 25, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    *Ditto*Ditto*Ditto

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 1st sign of OneDrive placeholders returning appears in Redstone build - Similar Threads - 1st sign OneDrive

2. Returning files from onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Returning files from onedrive: Hi, I recently started using onedrive. During set up I chose to backup my files thinking there would be a copy of the files from my desktop, documents, and my pictures stored in the onedrive folder. What I did not expect was that after choosing this, all of these files...
  3. Icons of Microsoft Store apps on the taskbar appear as a placeholders.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of Microsoft Store apps on the taskbar appear as a placeholders.: [ATTACH] The title is pretty self explanatory. The two middle apps are WhatsApp Desktop and Spotify, both of them where downloaded from the Microsoft Store. I've already deleted the icon cache and the issue persists....
  4. OneDrive not signed in

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive not signed in: I updated to my new email address and had to wait weeks for windows to do their part, informed that had been done yet it will still not let me sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-not-signed-in/c5ef6ca2-9902-4b4b-8feb-7e355b70bbdf
  5. Using OneDrive with Placeholders

in Windows 10 Support
    Using OneDrive with Placeholders: Been messing around with onedrive and use of placeholders. Once I got hang of it, it is quite easy. There are a several ways you can do things 1) create/copy folders under onedrive, and simply sync files as in 15063 etc. Here the files are in onedrive folder in pc and...
  6. Microsoft Is Building A Blue Light Reduction Feature For Redstone 2

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Is Building A Blue Light Reduction Feature For Redstone 2: Earlier this week, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 and seeing as we are now into the Redstone 2 development phase, new features are starting to show up in Insider builds. The newest feature uncovered will reduce the amount of blue light emitted late at night;...
  7. Windows 10 Mobile Redstone build 14291 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Redstone build 14291 now available: Today Microsoft is releasing Build 14291 to devices eligible to receive the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 45120
  8. OneDrive Placeholders To Return With Redstone

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Placeholders To Return With Redstone: A long time ago, in an OS far, far away, ok not that far away but with Window 8.1, Microsoft had a feature for OneDrive called placeholders. This feature allowed you to keep a very small file on your local machine that showed a thumbnail of the document that was stored in the...
  9. Windows 10 Redstone To Feature Improved Backup To OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone To Feature Improved Backup To OneDrive: Microsoft’s OneDrive cloud storage service has quickly grown in popularity since its integration into the Windows platform. With Windows 10 having the cloud storage service being deeply integrated into the OS, it’s a bit surprising that there is not a way to back up your...
  10. Redstone RS1 - The first builds were sighted......!

in Windows 10 News
    Redstone RS1 - The first builds were sighted......!: RS1 - The first builds were sighted......! *Wink 10.0.11073.1000.rs1_release.151120-2022 Source: https://buildfeed.net/build/2b60a5d7...medium=twitter [img] 10.0.11082.1000.rs1_release.151210-2021 [img] (Mobile Build) Source:...