Windows 10: 2.2gb Usable out of 4gb RAM.

Discus and support 2.2gb Usable out of 4gb RAM. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! I've just installed my windows 10 and since it was running slow on a 2gb ram, I decided to buy a 4gb stick on my 32bit system. Long story short,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by wyeksdi, Dec 7, 2015.

1. wyeksdi Win User

2.2gb Usable out of 4gb RAM.

Hello! I've just installed my windows 10 and since it was running slow on a 2gb ram, I decided to buy a 4gb stick on my 32bit system. Long story short, it only shows 2.2gb usable. 768mb(or something close to that figure) is reserved for the videocard but I think I still should have 1gb more. Ive tried the unchecking the maximum memory and didn't work. I've tried all possible solutions that I could find on the net yet no progress. Except for one, which is updating the BIOS, of which I am particularly bad at trying to figure out how. Anyway I'll just attach some of my computer information so if anyone could help me please. Thanks!

:)

wyeksdi, Dec 7, 2015

2. 1.71gb Usable RAM of 4gb

Is upgrading to 64 bit version of windows will solve my problem? Thanks

Faizz Jazadi, Dec 7, 2015
  3. 1.71gb Usable RAM of 4gb

That's what I mean. I think my laptop has a capability to run 64 bit operating system.

Faizz Jazadi, Dec 7, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Are you using on-board graphics? If so that might be using up that memory.

BunnyJ, Dec 7, 2015
  5. wyeksdi Win User
    I'm not quite sure though I think no. Cpuid-z shows that my videocard uses 768mb, and I think 32bitsystems can only utilize up to 3.2gb disregarding that of the video card so I still should have 1gb more. OrOr am I wrong? Oh and also tried swapping slots, still didn't solve the problem

wyeksdi, Dec 7, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I had that problem on an older computer I upgraded to Windows 10 32bit. It had a 64-bit capable processor and when I installed 64-bit Windows 10 my useable RAM went up to 3.75 GB. I think you are stuck with 2.8 GB useable with 32-bit Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Dec 7, 2015
  7. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

From MS:

So, assuming 1GB is allocated to the GPU then that makes it roughly 3Gb available to the OS (32 bit).
    If you have two RAM slots on the MB you could add the 2 GB you pulled if its timings are close to the new one and by doing so you should seeing about 4GB available to Windows. Never tried this though.

Either that or installing the 64 bit version of what you're running now.

Can check how much memory is allocated to the GPU in BIOS as well ? If it's set to 1Gb you could try to reduce it to say 512Mb and see if the 512Mb are then reallocated to the OS.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 7, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Since my experience on the old computer I upgraded, I have corrected the advice I used to give out. I used to say, 4GB or less RAM just install 32-bit. Now my personal feeling is, if the CPU will support 64-bit, then install 64-bit.

NavyLCDR, Dec 7, 2015
  9. His processor will support 64 bit (it shown on the system screen shot). I agree, the OP should be installing 64 bit Windows 10.

Genghis Thom, Dec 7, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    You are correct. My mistake, I read the screenshot wrong! Yeah - install the 64-bit Windows 10 for sure and the useable RAM will bump up to over 3.5 GB.

NavyLCDR, Dec 7, 2015
  11. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Exactly. I feel the same way about it.

And his CPU also includes the AMD/ATI GPU so that explains some of the memory not going to the OS.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 7, 2015
  12. wyeksdi Win User
    In checking the bios I really don't know how to adjust or even check where that option is.
    I'm still going to try adding the 2gb stick since iIjust got home from school and hope it'd sort out the problem. If nothing works I'll just upgrade it to 64bit.thanks for the quick feedback, never thought this was such an active forum so I didn't mind checking earlier haha

Update: I tried putting in the 2gb stick and now it shows that only 2gb is allocated on the memory so it's not compatible. So i just removed it. Now my only option is to either update the BIOS(which I do not know how because of my poor background :3) and to try the 64 bit. So anything else i could do before trying to nistall the 64bit? Oh and still shows 2.2 gb *Sad

wyeksdi, Dec 8, 2015
  13. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

If you don't have a copy of the manual for the computer you can quite likely download it from the manufacturer's site.
    Then at least you could verify how much of the system memory is allocated to the graphics unit and change he amount if you'd like.

Before you decide to change from 32 bit to 64 bit it would be advisable to make a full system backup so you can always revert to the current system if necessary.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 8, 2015
  14. wyeksdi Win User
    Okay so I was at 30% of my windows media creation tool on making a USB installation for the 64 bit when the current fluctuated. And now it says to restart my PC every time I open the creation tool. I've restarted it a couple of times and still won't work. I can't seem to make it work.

Also my harddrive has Local Disk C and New Volume F, if I decide to reformat my PC, will files on my F drive be wiped out?

wyeksdi, Dec 9, 2015
  15. wyeksdi Win User
    wyeksdi, Dec 10, 2015
Thema:

1. 2.2gb Usable out of 4gb RAM. - Similar Threads - 2gb Usable 4gb

2. Only 3.45GB RAM usable out of installed 4GB RAM.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only 3.45GB RAM usable out of installed 4GB RAM.: Hey, I just checked my System specs, it shows: 3.45GB ram usable out of 4GB. I surfed the net for fixes to the issue, but found only 2- the msconfig fix and BIOS fix. When i tried the msconfig fix, it still shows the same. And when i checked my UEFI BIOS, There was nothing...
  3. Only 2gb of 6gb ram is usable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Only 2gb of 6gb ram is usable.: I have 6gb ddr3 ram 4+2 installed on my pc. I think I remember the properties showing about5.6gb usable ram. Suddenly today I booted my pc and found out mygames were struggling to load properly. Then I found out system properties page was showing4gb of 6gb ram usable. Then I...
  4. Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable

Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable: I am having issue with the RAM, I have installed 4GB Ram on windows 10, but It shows only 1.7GB is Usable and the leftover RAM is Hardware Reserved. I Tried to swap rams but didn't work. please help my PC is working very slow due to less usable RAM available, I also tried a...
  5. 8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable

8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable: i just used the recovery option in my pc and it seems that windows doesn't use all my ram i tried going to ms config and then boot setting but didn't work any other fix??...
  6. Only 4GB RAM usable out of 16? -- using Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 4GB RAM usable out of 16? -- using Windows 10 64 bit: So I bought this computer used and just noticed that there is only 4GB of RAM available while the other 12GB is "hardware reserved". I've searched around and tried a few things but nothing is working so far. Here's what I've come up with so far: I've updated the BIOS for...
  7. 4gb ram 1.94 usable already unchecked maximum memory

4gb ram 1.94 usable already unchecked maximum memory: intel i5 lenovo 3491-A1G nvdia quadro 500gb hard disk drive windows 10 x64 says 4gb ram but 1.94 useable and in BIOS is says 2048mb ram installed please help me fix this problem. i have already unchecked maximum memory but it stayed the same and still only 1.94gb...
  8. 4gb RAM but only 3.47 gb usable

4gb RAM but only 3.47 gb usable: Hi, I have an ASRock H61M-VG3 Mother board with a maximum RAM amount of 16gb. I have 64bit Windows 10 Pro. I have 4gb of RAM but only 3.47 gb Usable. Does anyone know how to help because I would like it fixed because I am upgrading to 16gb Ram, and it would be ridiculous to...
  9. RAM ISSUE. Only 2GB usable of 6.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM ISSUE. Only 2GB usable of 6.: I've been having a problem with my laptop where it reads the 6gb of RAM installed but says that only 1.92 are usable. Can anybody help me solve this? I have Windows 10 64 bit. Please help, even the simplest tasks are slow with it 85212
  10. 4GB out of 8 GB usable - how to fix?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    4GB out of 8 GB usable - how to fix?: Why is Windows reserving half of my RAM? How can I release it? Is my GPU stealing it? It has 4GB on the card. [img] [img] Specs PSU: Cougar STX 650W 80 Plus Mobo: Asrock A75M-HVS P1.80 Processor: AMD Llano A6-3650 2.60GHz Socket FM1 Memory: Corsair Vengeance...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2.2 gb ram usable of 4 gb

2. how much is usable ram out of 2 gb in win 10 system

3. 2.2gb usable

4. 4gb 2.14 usable how to fix