Windows 10: 2 avatars

Discus and support 2 avatars in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 suddenly started showing 2 avatar places on the login screen, but I only have one active user account. Michael 2740 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mmcl26554, Oct 30, 2014.

1. mmcl26554 Win User

2 avatars

Win 10 suddenly started showing 2 avatar places on the login screen, but I only have one active user account.
    Michael

:)

mmcl26554, Oct 30, 2014

2. Unable to assign image to contact says not enough memory

First you convert the picture/image to avatar format and assign the pic. to ur contact.

1.Open picture

2.Click the name of the pic.(Top centre)

3.Click Set as avatar.

4.Assign the avatar(Compressed Picture) to ur contact.

:smileyindifferent:

murali1965, Oct 30, 2014
  3. 2 Avatars in Different Profiles

Hello Sergey,

Generally WP7 device should show in the "Me" profile and for contacts pictures from the source with the most recent timestamp. If you want to use the picture from Live re-upload the picture to your Live profile to update the timestamp. If I am not mistaken
    the update attempt is on weekly basis so it might take some time for the changes to apply.

Best Regards

Martin V.

Martin V. - WP7 Support, Oct 30, 2014
  4. 2 avatars

Hi and welcome to TenForums,
    You might verify if the Guest account is enabled :/
    Does it say the same user name or something else ?
    Post a picture of it,
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Oct 30, 2014
  5. badrobot Win User
    It's a known bug. But until now, Microsoft engineers are stumped.
    I have it, too. Only 1 user on this PC.

2 avatars [​IMG]

badrobot, Oct 30, 2014
  6. Yikes I have never seen that in either build :/
    Might be tied to the on screen keyboard ?

ThrashZone, Oct 30, 2014
  7. mmcl26554 Win User
    Well, BadRobot answered the question. But so far that is the only problem I have had with 10. The only glitch I ran into was when I installed it as a dual boot on an older Gateway e295c, Vista Business, based laptop. Ten didn't have a driver for the touch pad, and the Vista version wouldn't load. So I searched Gateway's website for the oldest laptop I could find with win8. I tried that driver and boom, it worked. So I learned something there.
    Michael

mmcl26554, Oct 30, 2014
  8. badrobot Win User

2 avatars

There's no performance impact on this problem. I can live with it.

badrobot, Oct 30, 2014
  9. Charlie Win User
    I have that also. I just thought it was my old lappy. Wonder if the next build will put another on the login screen?

Charlie, Oct 30, 2014
  10. mmcl26554 Win User
    I'm beginning to wonder if the complexity of todays software has exceeded the ability of the software engineers to understand it. I have enjoyed the "Terminator" series of movies, however, but with today's state of the art software skynet would surely crash, and what fool would reboot it!
    Michael

mmcl26554, Oct 30, 2014
  11. AddRAM Win User
    It`s not a bug, one is for your local account and one is for the Microsoft account.

Disconnect from your Microsoft account, sign in to the local account, then........

Set your pc to auto logon and you too will have 2 logon pics.

AddRAM, Oct 30, 2014
  12. badrobot Win User
    Do you have a link for any write-up about it? I am only on Local Account.

badrobot, Oct 30, 2014
  13. mmcl26554 Win User

2 avatars

I did not setup the install with a MS account local only. Even though I do have an MS account this OS does not know that.
    Michael

mmcl26554, Oct 30, 2014
  14. AddRAM Win User
    I don`t need a write up, I did it myself *Smile

Of course you only have 1 account, your local or your Microsoft, but they are one in the same.

If I do control userpasswords2 to auto login, I too get 2 icons.

So I just type in the password to my local account every time, which I hate doing.

AddRAM, Oct 30, 2014
  15. AddRAM Win User
    When you set up windows TP you have to create a Microsoft account, same for Windows 8 (another thing I hate)

After you`re done your install, you can either keep signing in to a Microsoft account or switch to a local account. (recommend)

AddRAM, Oct 30, 2014
Thema:

2 avatars

1. 2 avatars - Similar Threads - avatars

2. 3D Export Not Woking in XBOX AVATAR EDITOR Wins10 or 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Export Not Woking in XBOX AVATAR EDITOR Wins10 or 11: I found the post too late from @Akradon and couldn't respond to @KathyA Xbox Avatar Editor: 3D export not working - Microsoft Community --- So here goes. Wins10 most up to date version User Exporting/3D File Save happens in the Photobooth section of the app: Xbox Avatar...
  3. 3D Export Not Woking in XBOX AVATAR EDITOR Wins10 or 11

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3D Export Not Woking in XBOX AVATAR EDITOR Wins10 or 11: I found the post too late from @Akradon and couldn't respond to @KathyA Xbox Avatar Editor: 3D export not working - Microsoft Community --- So here goes. Wins10 most up to date version User Exporting/3D File Save happens in the Photobooth section of the app: Xbox Avatar...
  4. 3D Export Not Woking in XBOX AVATAR EDITOR Wins10 or 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My wallpaper just changed to a strange avatar - Whoa!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My wallpaper just changed to a strange avatar - Whoa!: My wallpaper changed, on its own, from a rotating picture gallery my pictures to a picture of an avatar of a large <removed> female read-head. Eset and Malware Bytes come back clean. What is happening? How do I fix this? How do I prevent this from happening in the future?...
  6. My wallpaper just changed to a strange avatar - Whoa!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wallpaper just changed to a strange avatar - Whoa!: My wallpaper changed, on its own, from a rotating picture gallery my pictures to a picture of an avatar of a large <removed> female read-head. Eset and Malware Bytes come back clean. What is happening? How do I fix this? How do I prevent this from happening in the future?...
  7. My wallpaper just changed to a strange avatar - Whoa!

8. My wallpaper just changed to a large boob avatar - Whoa!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My wallpaper just changed to a large boob avatar - Whoa!: My wallpaper changed, on its own, from a rotating picture gallery my pictures to a picture of an avatar of a large boobed female read-head. Eset and Malware Bytes come back clean. What is happening? How do I fix this? How do I prevent this from happening in the future?...
  9. My wallpaper just changed to a large boob avatar - Whoa!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wallpaper just changed to a large boob avatar - Whoa!: My wallpaper changed, on its own, from a rotating picture gallery my pictures to a picture of an avatar of a large boobed female read-head. Eset and Malware Bytes come back clean. What is happening? How do I fix this? How do I prevent this from happening in the future?...
  10. My wallpaper just changed to a large boob avatar - Whoa!