Windows 10: 2 Brief questions ....keyboard and iPhone

Discus and support 2 Brief questions ....keyboard and iPhone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a new HP laptop in December. Yesterday whenever I typed something it kept repeating the = sign. Then it stopped typing anything, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RaymondWindoz10, Mar 7, 2017.

1. 2 Brief questions ....keyboard and iPhone

I bought a new HP laptop in December.
    Yesterday whenever I typed something it kept repeating the = sign. Then it stopped typing anything, nothing worked when I typed.
    Nothing.....Nada. I did not abuse it. I turned it in today. Why would it fail like that when it is only 3 months old?

I have the bookmarks from my laptop on my iPhone. Is it possible to sync the shortcuts on my desktop(laptop) to my iPhone too?

Thanks !

:)

RaymondWindoz10, Mar 7, 2017

2. wats meant by this 3G ??

i mean as apple ontroduced iphone 3G .... ???

wats tht a through ..... briefing plzz

alishahid13, Mar 7, 2017
  3. wifi connectivity

I recently changed routers, then there was a brief power outage. now I can't connect to any available wifi signals and I have numerous options. I get 3 different answers as to why it can't connect

1. the signals are not in range ( my laptop is less than 30 ft. from the router ). 2. network security

key is wrong. and my personal favorite, 3. can't connect to network. helpful right ? so my obvious

question is why won't my computer connect ? oh, it DID connect to the wifi hotspot on my

IPhone ! any suggestions ? thank you in advance.

DennisKinseyXS, Mar 7, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

2 Brief questions ....keyboard and iPhone

It is possible that it could be Sticky keys or an Accessibility feature that is not set properly. Does this happen with the same program or all. As for the iPhone, you need to use the iCloud app and no you cannot sync desktop shortcuts to your iPhone, because iOS would not know what to do with them.

I use the taskbar for common programs that I always access and use Start10 to make the Programs drop down to behave like 7 and then just go for the program short cut in there or put them in the Start Menu under the icon for program shortcuts.

bro67, Mar 7, 2017
  5. I don't think it was sticky keys....none of them worked
    and when I took it to Best Buy they would not work for him
    either They all failed at once

Iguess I could copy them and send them to my
    email from time to time..

thanks

6. Him......as in the geek squad guy

7. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Mar 8, 2017
  8. 2 Brief questions ....keyboard and iPhone

I returned to Best Buy and the laptop deteriorated while I was there.

The keyboard stopped working completely.

They returned it to HP because it was under their warranty.

I did not pay $150 for the BB warranty.

I turned it in on Monday the 6th and they UPS'd it out on Tuesday and it arrived at the repair center on Thursday.

They repaired it on Monday the 13th and I received it Wednesday the 15th.

It was a pretty quick turnaround considering the circumstances.

They replaced the top cover, antenna, DC jack and the wifi card.

It works like it should now.........I swear I did not abuse it........lol

BTW, there was no charge for the repair or the shipping.............*Smile

Thanks for your help.

RaymondWindoz10, Mar 15, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    That sounds more of like they thought they knew their version of the problem than what you were dealing with. That is why I always send it out on my own with a detailed note with the unit in between the keyboard and lid to tell them what is going on.

bro67, Mar 17, 2017
  10. I actually did that.

I printed a description of the problems I was having and a list of the steps I had done to correct them and gave them to the clerk.

When he filled out the paperwork to send it away, I suggested that he insert it in the computer.
    I thought it would help the repair clerk.
    He just smiled and said they would figure it out.
    I had the impression that they had this happen often and they were probably going to hook it up to a diagnostic machine and it would produce error codes and suggestions to fix them. Like a car.

I don't know how they do things, but it works fine now....so far so good.

It's a cheap, basic computer. But if it lasts me through this year, I'll be happy.

RaymondWindoz10, Mar 17, 2017
  11. bro67 Win User
    Correct on being for low end. Not much else that you can do on it that would need more horsepower. It should get you by for a little longer and I would still keep my eyes out for units on Newegg on their Off Lease units along with the various manufacturers.

I stopped getting HP units after I had issues with my so called Business grade laptop. Went with the Toshiba Satellite I had one for myself and one for my son. My wife does not even use the one unit we hung on to, since she has a iPad case that she has a decent keyboard on it now.

I went with the Macbook air, because I do not need a Platter Drive and wanted something that was lightweight and would last a lot longer.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

2 Brief questions ....keyboard and iPhone

1. 2 Brief questions ....keyboard and iPhone - Similar Threads - Brief questions keyboard

2. 2 questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 questions: Since I have 2 questions to ask, I decided to just ask in one single post.1. I think it was last year or 2020 whereby I was using the Microsoft support chat on my phone as I needed help regarding a issue in Minecraft. Pretty much when I described my issue to the Microsoft...
  3. 2 questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 questions: Since I have 2 questions to ask, I decided to just ask in one single post.1. I think it was last year or 2020 whereby I was using the Microsoft support chat on my phone as I needed help regarding a issue in Minecraft. Pretty much when I described my issue to the Microsoft...
  4. 2 questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. 2 in 1 keyboard question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 in 1 keyboard question: Just bought a Spectre x360 for my wife and was playing around with it, trying to get everything set up and installed before I give it to her for Christmas. Anyway, as I was signing into her different accounts, I noticed the number pad on the touch-screen keyboard is... upside...
  6. 2 Questions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 Questions.: Hello, I was just asking some question, I'm very curious. Question 1: Will Windows 12 be released? Question 2: Can or there will be Windows 10: Gaming Edition? Except Pro or anything. Because, at this moment, I have Windows 10 and it doesn't work several games very...
  7. 2 Questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2 Questions: Why cant i reactivate my Windows 10 pro after hardware change(i upgraded for free from win8 when i was still able) and second how to change this accounts email cuz i cant get in to my current one?...
  8. A Couple of Brief Questions: Search Engines / Unplugged Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    A Couple of Brief Questions: Search Engines / Unplugged Laptop: 1. When I want to 'clean' my laptop, I often go to History and 'Clear History'. Then I scroll up to Manage Search Engines and there are 5, 6 , 8 different websites I have recently visited. I am confident they exist because my computer has picked up some cookies, but they are...
  9. 2 Brief Questions: A Shortcut for Amazon and a new Bookmark Link

in Browsers and Email
    2 Brief Questions: A Shortcut for Amazon and a new Bookmark Link: Shortcut for amazon........ How do you create a shortcut for Amazon.com ? I use Amazon to buy stuff (usually books), but I also use them for reviews and learning about a product. I am using it more than ever now and I thought it would be useful to create a shortcut...
  10. A few Brief Questions about W10

in Windows 10 Support
    A few Brief Questions about W10: 1. There is a search bar at the bottom of my computer. It says search the web and windows.......I don't want it there. How do I get rid of it ? 2. What is box ? I clicked it on but it won't open.....should I delete it ? I unpinned the games, groove music, sports,...