Windows 10: 2 computer problems HELP newbie here

Discus and support 2 computer problems HELP newbie here in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Iam a newbie. I have 2 problems. I got Windows 10 iam trying to do a system reset to windows 8 my original when i got this laptop, with no luck. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chuckracer, Aug 4, 2016.

1. 2 computer problems HELP newbie here

Iam a newbie. I have 2 problems. I got Windows 10 iam trying to do a system reset to windows 8 my original when i got this laptop, with no luck. I have went the correct ways for reset. This is exactly what it says, i tried to do a screenshot, it wont show that screenshot ( unable to do reset part of the drive partion is missing ) whatever that means. Then it shows button
    ( cancel ) It first says on reset, wipe the drive clean. All files and apps will be lost, everything.
    Thats no problem at all. I have everthing on my Flashdrive.
    My 2nd problem is this i cant get in ( safe mode ) i tried this and no luck.
    Windows+R ( msconfig )--boot tab--checked safe boot-- options are ( restart--start later ) i clicked restart--no safe mode.
    I do have a screenshot of this. Like i say i understand about 1/2 of computer things, no more than that.
    Thanks Chuck

:)

chuckracer, Aug 4, 2016

2. 6300 turn itself off.

hi there, i'm newbie here. i have a n6300 about 1 month old.2 day ago this machine seem to have problems, it turn itself off.

anyone can help?? thanks.

richie10---01, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Newbie here!

My guess is that if WM6 performs well on the 700WX during Palm's testing, they just might offer the upgrade .... I hope we see it soon for the 750!!

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

2 computer problems HELP newbie here

I had that error when I was in safe mode so imp you are in safe mode.
    Was the device upgraded from Win 8 recently - last 30 days? If so then you can return via the restore option>Settings>Update & security>Recovery go back to previous version of Windows.
    If you have Windows 8 recovery media then you can also use that, back up your files & folders though first as it'll do a clean install.

Bastet, Aug 4, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    System resets back to the factory OS often times requires multiple recovery partitions that were designed by the manufacturer to all be used by their software. For example, their software might run programs in one recovery partition that start the reset process which then restores the computer from recovery files located in another partition. Built-in Windows reset just doesn't have that capability built into it.

Right now you pretty much have two options: if system restore disc(s) and/or a flash drive came with your computer (doubtful) or you created restore disc(s)/drives using the manufacturers software you can boot from the that and restore the factory software.

Or you can create a Windows 8.1 only installation USB flash drive or DVD and boot the computer from that to clean install Windows 8.1. Then you might have to get drivers from the computer manufacturers website and install them to make some hardware work. The easiest way to get the ISO file to make the USB flash drive or DVD from is here:
    Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

That little tool just runs scripts from Microsoft websites that downloads the ISO files directly from Microsoft websites. Using the ISO file from Microsoft will restore Windows only, it will not restore any extra software that the manufacturer did originally.

NavyLCDR, Aug 4, 2016
  6. Thank You
    Doctor9fan i hope this info helps. But if you need better info, please tell me? I got this laptop about 2 years ago. I originally got it with ( Windows 8 ) i then upgraded to ( 8.1 ) i then just last week got so many updates. I even was set to ( automatic updates ) 136 one day and 172 the very next day. I never had much of a choice getting Windows 10 some like 10 and some dont. Its peoples choice,s i think. I myself dont like 10 but i dont really like 8 my prefferance is 8.1 if i can get there. But 8 will work for me. Thanks Chuck

chuckracer, Aug 4, 2016
  7. Bastet Win User
    If the upgrade was automatically downloaded & installed last week then you're still under the 30 day limit, the info given in my previous post will confirm or deny that, if you have the ability to go back to the previous version then do so, you'll have to do it before you get the anniversary update as that'll remove that & offer to return you to the previous version of Win 10.
    If you have the Win 8 disc or recovery media you can use that to return. If you have the key then you could download Win 8 & install that way.

Bastet, Aug 4, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

A 2 year old laptop that came from the factory with Windows 8 installed probably has the Windows 8 product key stored in BIOS/UEFI.

NavyLCDR, Aug 4, 2016
  9. I dont have any media that i got with the laptop, as i dont have CD/DVD player on here. Iam thinking i seen, reg key number on the bottom of the laptop. Any ideas for me to get back to 8?

I have did alot of searching on this subject. What most say there gettting the same exact thing i am, missing partion to reset, cant restore, cant get safe mode. Thanks Chuck

chuckracer, Aug 4, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Run showkey plus from this forum, see what it shows for product keys:
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

Then as offered earlier:

NavyLCDR, Aug 4, 2016
  11. I downloaded this free program ( Mini Tool Data Recovery ) it did replace the lost recovery partition. I can do ( restore ) just fine. My goal is to do ( reset ) i cant do that or, refresh it says Windows is locked, unlock it and try again. Iam a newbie, i have no idea how to unlock this.
    When i first got this laptop about 2 years ago, it had originaly had ( Windows 8 ) i now have ( Windows 10 ) not my choice of course. Some may like 10 and thats fine. Myself i preffer 8.1 is all. How to get back to 8 or 8.1 that is tough for me.
    I did alot of checking on this. ( You Tube or Search ) i read the same old thing, install your factory recovery CD in. I have no kind of media ( CD or USB ) i dont have a CD/DVD drive. Sure you can wipe the computer, and install a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 for around a $100.00 but when your in a rest home paying $3000.00 a month just to be here. That extra $$$$ isnt possible and it shouldnt be. Please help me, my computer skills arent good. Thanks Chuck

chuckracer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 2 computer problems HELP newbie here - Similar Threads - computer problems HELP

2. Help with batch files for a newbie.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with batch files for a newbie.: Hello and Happy New Year!I have a few files open upon log in to my windows account by using the shell:startup folder. This has been working well but I feel like instead of having to update this folder every week file names change every week due to having the date in their...
  3. some newbie problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some newbie problems: Hello everyone...I am having a "the feature you are trying to use is on a cd-rom or other removable disk that is not available "error while uninstalling some software from my pc. Please help ....
  4. some newbie problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some newbie problems: Hello everyone...I am having a "the feature you are trying to use is on a cd-rom or other removable disk that is not available "error while uninstalling some software from my pc. Please help ....
  5. Hello Newbie here, requesting some help regarding windows install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello Newbie here, requesting some help regarding windows install: Hey guys so i just got my new pc and installed the windows 10 through usb, atm i dont have the full verison but ill buy the full version later. Problem for me is i had a 500gb ssd and 2 tb hdd put in the computer and during the installation of windows 10 at the part where you...
  6. Newbie need help plz

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newbie need help plz: I occasionally have an issue where games and other files show like a file and an internet explorer logo. Common? submitted by /u/Dullestwillow27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ivoi5n/newbie_need_help_plz/
  7. HELP NEWBIE ALERT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP NEWBIE ALERT: I need help. I have the acer swift 3 and was told that window is already on the laptop I would just need the code to activate where exactly is the code? And I am really scared that I may have thrown it away. I have kept everything from the box, to what is inside the box....
  8. Help a Newbie Create a RAMDisk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help a Newbie Create a RAMDisk: Hello, Folks, Well, I think the most important reward you get is that I will tell everyone here that you are the greatest person alive! If they could help me do the following. First, solve the following questions with a bit of proof.1. Can you tell me and prove to me which...
  9. Problem with using OneDrive - help Newbie please!

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with using OneDrive - help Newbie please!: I am trying to transfer My Docs files from my old laptop to a new Tablet - both are latest version of Windows 10. My problem is: I can see in my vault on my laptop all my files going back for ages but when I go into One Drive on my new Tablet and open the vault all I see are...
  10. Bios update help newbie

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios update help newbie: hi new here and have just checked my bios and i believe it is out dated here is the current version BIOS Version/Date AMI 8.15, 05/02/2013 and on the hp website it comes up with two opptions this one HP Compaq Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family...