Windows 10: 2 desktops, 2 taskbars, 1 monitor, full screen mode for each desktop

Discus and support 2 desktops, 2 taskbars, 1 monitor, full screen mode for each desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a 27" monitor i've taught to stand on end. it is now displaying in reverse portrait mode. 1080x1920. I've seen all the various screen splitting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Xabache, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Xabache Win User

2 desktops, 2 taskbars, 1 monitor, full screen mode for each desktop

I have a 27" monitor i've taught to stand on end. it is now displaying in reverse portrait mode. 1080x1920. I've seen all the various screen splitting programs inside and out of windows 10. None do as I need. I want this single monitor to behave as two separate monitors. Displaying two desktops of 1080x960 one on top of the other. That I may run two separate video games, one on each desktop. Each running in full screen mode on its own virtual desktop, which once closed, each desktop shows its own separate taskbar. One in the relative middle of the 1080x1920 screen. One at the base of the screen.

:)

Xabache, Feb 9, 2017

2. Make Apps Always Close as Like Tablet Mode

On my 27inch desktop monitor, Tablet Mode and it's full screen apps does not make any sense. However, because I
    never use the desktop for anything - everything I use is either on the Start Screen or in Toolbars on the Taskbar - I find it annoying to have the hit the Start Button (or Windows Key) to return to the Start Screen
    when not in Tablet mode. Is there a way of either:

1 - When closing apps when not in Tablet Mode, return to the Start Screen instead of the Desktop? or

2- When in Tablet Mode, allow apps to be run at less than full screen, like can be done when not in Tablet Mode?

Suggestions would be helpful.

Mr Markham, Feb 9, 2017
  3. gjpc Win User
    How to stop windows 10 windows moving after full screen app exits

I run 6 window's 10 desktops on my Nvidia 1070 connected to 2 4K screens in horizontal span mode. The task bar is set to extend across the bottom of both screens.

When I exit from an app that runs in full screen mode started on any desktop, the windows on desktop 1 rearrange to the resolution of the full screen app. On all the other desktops the windows are as they were before the full screen app ran.

How do I stop the desktop 1 windows from rearranging?

gjpc, Feb 9, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Natively windows doesn't support this, but in windows 10 you have "Task View" which is a virtual desktop. You will still have the issue of only one desktop open at a time.
    How to use Windows 10 Task View and Virtual Desktops - YouTube

To do what you want you will need some 3rd party software for this. The 2 that I recommend is "DisplayFusion" and "MultiMon". I have used both and liked Displyfusion better so I bought it but you can decide for yourself. Here is a list of some others you can try......
    Best Software to Manage Dual Monitors

Plankton, Feb 9, 2017
  5. Xabache Win User
    Yes there are many software to manage dual monitors, or the functions Task View offer, which is not at all what my question asked. When a game is played it occupies the entire screen in full screen mode. I want to run and be able to see two simultaneous games running in full screen on one monitor split to two isolated desktops.

Xabache, Feb 9, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    Yes...I understood your question. With display fusion....you can do just as you asked. I'm not sure what it's called in displayfusion....but basically it will allow you to create blocks on one monitor to simulate 2 monitors and create a profile for later use.

Now, since windows 8....MS has implemented a service called snap. Where you open 2 applications (software) and drag to right or left of screen. Then do it again for a second screen. Example; open up your browser and then drag it to the left side, then right click your browser tab and open a new window, snap 2nd window to right side.

2 desktops, 2 taskbars, 1 monitor, full screen mode for each desktop [​IMG]

Plankton, Feb 9, 2017
  7. Xabache Win User
    Right you are, it does appear to do what I am looking for. In the taskbar icon > monitor configuration. Its split screen does function for programs like notepad when you maximize it only occupies half the screen, above in this case an overlay of a fully functional taskbar. Maybe I am still missing functionality here, but in that same menu it offers an identify monitor button, that posts a big 1 on my entire monitor, and in its mini display of my screen it shows my monitor split by a white line, but i dont seem to know how to get it to identify the splits as two separate monitors identifying the upper as 1 and lower as 2, or in the case of the wallpaper menu 1.1 and 1.2 and this is evidenced by full screen games which when opened in full screen mode ignore all of this, occupying the entire monitor.

Xabache, Feb 9, 2017
  8. Plankton Win User

I only bought Displayfusion...mmm...about 10 years ago and only to create one screen on 2/3 monitors, when there was no native way to do that in windows. Not until the GPU's started implementing that. Then I bought a GPU that allowed that.

Just fiddle around with it and search youtube for other users that want to do something like you want.

Plankton, Feb 9, 2017
  9. What you want is just not possible at this point in time. Maybe some where in the depth of the world some one is writing a program like that. Doubt it however.

You would have been better off getting two small monitors stacked on top of each other.

logicearth, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 2 desktops, 2 taskbars, 1 monitor, full screen mode for each desktop - Similar Threads - desktops taskbars monitor

2. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  3. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  4. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I have 2 monitors, how can I seperate the icons into 2 desktop folders for each monitor?

I have 2 monitors, how can I seperate the icons into 2 desktop folders for each monitor?: Just as the title says https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-2-monitors-how-can-i-seperate-the-icons/3649abf9-70d5-4287-9811-3f9f5306cce4
  6. Desktop fan randomly goes full power for 1-2 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop fan randomly goes full power for 1-2 seconds: Hello,I hope someone will be able to help me with this.So yesterday I bought a new prebuild desktop and I installed Windows 11 on it, and every once in a while one of the fans just decides to go full power, lasting 1-2 seconds. Me playing something, me browsing the web, me...
  7. Desktop fan randomly goes full power for 1-2 seconds

Desktop fan randomly goes full power for 1-2 seconds: Hello,I hope someone will be able to help me with this.So yesterday I bought a new prebuild desktop and I installed Windows 11 on it, and every once in a while one of the fans just decides to go full power, lasting 1-2 seconds. Me playing something, me browsing the web, me...
  8. Desktop 1 + Desktop 2 taskbar setting issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop 1 + Desktop 2 taskbar setting issue: How do i unlock this taskbar setting for swtiching between desktops with separate icons? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/overdrived_mind [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lza967/desktop_1_desktop_2_taskbar_setting_issue/
  9. 2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors: I have 2 monitors on my PC, and I want to have 2 virtual desktops, 1 on first monitor and 1 on second. Can I achieve that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-virtual-desktops-on-2-monitors/05bb7182-d9b3-47c1-a2d7-8898497febb2
  10. 1 of 2 new monitors not full screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1 of 2 new monitors not full screen: I have a gigabyte MB with on-board graphics, 1 vga and 1 DVI as outputs. I have 2 new asus monitors with 1 vga input and 2 hdmi inputs. The vga to vga connection to monitor 1 produces full screen on 1920x1080 (recommended) Asus furnished a cable DVI to HDMI. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2 desktops windows full screen

2. i have 2 monitors and i want 2 taskbars

3. different taskbars on different virtual desktops

4. Can I have new taskbars on each desktop