Windows 10: 2 drives with Windows 10 64 but differances in services installed

Discus and support 2 drives with Windows 10 64 but differances in services installed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have to drives with Windows 10 64 installed. I printed the list of services to compare to two drives. The one drive is may main drive with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hammyj, Jun 17, 2016.

1. hammyj Win User

2 drives with Windows 10 64 but differances in services installed

Hi all, I have to drives with Windows 10 64 installed. I printed the list of services to compare to two drives. The one drive is may main drive with all my programs so that drive has more services which I recognize because of all the programs. However there are what I believe to be Windows services that are not on both drives. Here is a list of the differences I found.
    Auto Time Zone Updater
    Connected Device Platform
    Connected User Experience
    Network Setup Service
    Phone Service
    Portable Device Enumerator
    Storage Tiers Management
    Work Folders
    In all cases these are on the drive I use the least and not on my main drive. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

hammyj, Jun 17, 2016
  2. DominicP Win User

Windows 10 Clean Installation (64 bit or both architecture)?

1. Just reset the PC. Cleaning the drive means overwriting old files to secure erase them: it takes a long time and is not necessary if you are keeping the PC.

2. In 64-bit Windows, Program Files holds 64-bit programs and Program Files (x86) holds installed 32-bit programs. 32-bit and 64-bit programs need different Windows components when they are run so are installed in different locations.

DominicP, Jun 17, 2016
  3. I face some issue when i try to upgrade to Windows 10 using the Media Creation tool using a USB device. Please help.

Hello ,

It seems that the media creation tool in the USB is corrupt and hence we would ask you to try from scratch. We would ask you to create different USB drives for 32 bit and 64 bit respectively. Hence, please take 2 USB flash drives, and then go to the below
    link.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Now, in the first flash drive download the Windows 10 32-bit ISO and in the second flash drive download the Windows 10 64-bit ISO and then plug the 32-bit ISO to the 32 bit computer to install Windows 10 and Plug in the 64-bit ISO USB flash drive to the
    64-bit computer to install Windows 10.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Have a good day!

Amarjeet_Paul, Jun 17, 2016
Thema:

2 drives with Windows 10 64 but differances in services installed

1. 2 drives with Windows 10 64 but differances in services installed - Similar Threads - drives differances services

2. 2 Windows folders in 2 different drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Windows folders in 2 different drives: i recently bought a ssd and installed it in my pc gave to a center and now i noticed that i have two windows folders on two different drives C and D.I saw a similar thread with the same question and checked it.The problem was almost similar to mine so i was following the...
  3. 2 Windows folders in 2 different drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Windows folders in 2 different drives: i recently bought a ssd and installed it in my pc gave to a center and now i noticed that i have two windows folders on two different drives C and D.I saw a similar thread with the same question and checked it.The problem was almost similar to mine so i was following the...
  4. 2 Windows folders in 2 different drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 2 Windows folders in 2 different drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Windows folders in 2 different drives: I've got a Windows folder in the main C drive, but I've also got a Windows folder in my secondary E drive. I've compared all the files in both folders and the Windows folder in C has 111 files compared to 104 in the E Windows file, the common files are all exactly the same....
  6. 2 Windows folders in 2 different drives

2 Windows folders in 2 different drives: I've got a Windows folder in the main C drive, but I've also got a Windows folder in my secondary E drive. I've compared all the files in both folders and the Windows folder in C has 111 files compared to 104 in the E Windows file, the common files are all exactly the same....
  7. 2 Windows folders in 2 different drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. 2 Windows Folders in different drives.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 Windows Folders in different drives.: I've got a Windows folder in the main C drive, but I've also got a Windows folder in my secondary E drive. I've compared all the files in both folders and the Windows folder in C has 111 files compared to 104 in the E Windows file, the common files are all exactly the same....
  9. 2 Windows Folders in different drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Windows Folders in different drives.: I've got a Windows folder in the main C drive, but I've also got a Windows folder in my secondary E drive. I've compared all the files in both folders and the Windows folder in C has 111 files compared to 104 in the E Windows file, the common files are all exactly the same....
  10. 2 Windows Folders in different drives.