Windows 10: 2 Drives

Discus and support 2 Drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just noticed in File Explorer I have two opticle drives listed. When I click on drive G I get "Please Insert Disk Into Drive". Drive M is my opticle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Winuser, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Winuser Win User

2 Drives

I just noticed in File Explorer I have two opticle drives listed. When I click on drive G I get "Please Insert Disk Into Drive". Drive M is my opticle drive with a audio cd inserted. Anyone know why my drive is listed twice.

2 Drives [​IMG]

:)

Winuser, Mar 26, 2015

2. Windows Installation With 2 Drives

My PC has an SSD for the boot drive, and it happens to be full, theres also a hard drive with 900 gb free. Will it delete the windows 8 files that are on the ssd and install them there?

ColeHanlon, Mar 26, 2015
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Windows Installation With 2 Drives

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

If you are installing the Windows 10 on another drive you would require a product key to activate the Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try dual boot.

Download Windows 10

Please refer the Microsoft help article below for detailed information:

How to dual boot Windows 10 with previous versions of Windows

Note: I highly recommend backing up all of your important files and folders onto an external storage device before attempting the installation.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Mar 26, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

2 Drives

Is it the MS Office 'Click to Run' thing?

Edwin, Mar 26, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    I don't have MS Office so I don't that's causing it.

Winuser, Mar 27, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    Can you post a screen shot of your disk management screen please.

swarfega, Mar 27, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    2 Drives [​IMG]

Winuser, Mar 27, 2015
  8. Winuser Win User

2 Drives

Could it be my card reader? If it is I wonder why it's showing as a cd drive.

Winuser, Mar 27, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    Is it showing at the bottom of your graphical list?

2 Drives [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 27, 2015
  10. Winuser Win User
    2 Drives [​IMG]

I'll get my camera out tomorrow and try the memory card to see if my card reader is is drive G.

Winuser, Mar 27, 2015
  11. Winuser Win User
    Could it be because I installed PowerISO?

Winuser, Mar 27, 2015
  12. Edwin New Member
    I betcha that's it! *Smile

Edwin, Mar 27, 2015
  13. Berton Win User

2 Drives

That 'second' ODD may be part of your WDC My Passport External USB HDD, mine has it along with my WDC NAS HDD. It holds WD SmartWare feature.

Berton, Mar 27, 2015
  14. Winuser Win User
    Thanks everyone! I was in Windows 8.1.1 earlier and saw the same thing in File Explorer only with a different drive letter. I could be wrong but I think it may be PowerISO causing this. I'm marking this thread solved.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

2 Drives

1. 2 Drives - Similar Threads - Drives

2. Computer crashed and hard drive destroyed!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashed and hard drive destroyed!!!: Couldn't uninstall copilot update and I couldn't uninstall the app ether click on terminate and it crash my whole computer my tower started to flash and beep if this app virus or burnd my hard drive Microsoft will be replacing my tower!!! Will open a law suit...
  3. Computer crashed and hard drive destroyed!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashed and hard drive destroyed!!!: Couldn't uninstall copilot update and I couldn't uninstall the app ether click on terminate and it crash my whole computer my tower started to flash and beep if this app virus or burnd my hard drive Microsoft will be replacing my tower!!! Will open a law suit...
  4. minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get minecraft to reinstall. only...

minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get minecraft to reinstall. only...: Minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get Minecraft to reinstall. only option to purchase again.microsoft account shows it was purchased in Jan, but there is no option to download or install....
  5. minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get minecraft to reinstall. only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get minecraft to reinstall. only...: Minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get Minecraft to reinstall. only option to purchase again.microsoft account shows it was purchased in Jan, but there is no option to download or install....
  6. Bit locker on SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  7. Bit locker on SSD Drive

Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  8. fix sub flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fix sub flash drive.: Trying to fix USB flash drive not being recognized by the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-sub-flash-drive/54703b43-638e-4331-8db0-c8414a1a8862
  9. fix sub flash drive.

fix sub flash drive.: Trying to fix USB flash drive not being recognized by the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-sub-flash-drive/54703b43-638e-4331-8db0-c8414a1a8862
  10. fix sub flash drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing