Windows 10: 2 ESENT warning entries, ID 636 ReadHdrFailed and 640 in Event Viewer

Discus and support 2 ESENT warning entries, ID 636 ReadHdrFailed and 640 in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and like a number of uses I have had to resolve a number of permission problems. However the two warnings below have me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by parsonm, Jan 27, 2017.

1. parsonm Win User

2 ESENT warning entries, ID 636 ReadHdrFailed and 640 in Event Viewer

I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and like a number of uses I have had to resolve a number of permission problems. However the two warnings below have me stumped. They do not always occur but when they do, both occur together and only for the one user on a multi user system. The system appears to be running OK with no obvious problems other then built-in MS errors (Random Hardware Failure etc). If someone could advise and point me in the right direction, it will be appreciated.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="ESENT" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">636</EventID>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>1</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-01-28T17:55:06.776907700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>15632</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Home-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data>wlmail</Data>
    <Data>7176</Data>
    <Data>WindowsLiveMail1:</Data>
    <Data>C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Compact\Mail.jfm</Data>
    <Data>ReadHdrFailed</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">640</EventID>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>1</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-01-28T17:55:06.745655000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>15631</EventRecordID>
    <Computer>Home-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data>wlmail</Data>
    <Data>7176</Data>
    <Data>WindowsLiveMail1:</Data>
    <Data>-1919</Data>
    <Data>C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Compact\Mail.jfm</Data>
    <Data>[SignDbHdrFromDb:Create time:00/00/1900 00:00:00.000 Rand:0 Computer:] [SignFmHdrFromDb:Create time:00/00/1900 00:00:00.000 Rand:0 Computer:] [SignDbHdrFromFm:Create time:01/23/2017 17:49:38.055 Rand:1933781501 Computer:] [SignFmHdrFromFm:Create time:01/23/2017 17:49:40.469 Rand:3054171775 Computer:]</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

parsonm, Jan 27, 2017
  2. SeanMaier Win User

ESENT issue, ID 636

Any help with how to fix this...?

Log Name: Application

Source: ESENT

Date: 4/5/2017 1:36:08 PM

Event ID: 636

Task Category: General

Level: Warning

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: MY-PC

Description:

wuaueng.dll (1068) SUS20ClientDataStore: Flush map file "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.jfm" will be deleted. Reason: ReadHdrFailed.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<EventID Qualifiers="0">636</EventID>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>1</Task>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-04-05T20:36:08.164171400Z" />

<EventRecordID>27759</EventRecordID>

<Computer>MY-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>wuaueng.dll</Data>

<Data>1068</Data>

<Data>SUS20ClientDataStore: </Data>

<Data>C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.jfm</Data>

<Data>ReadHdrFailed</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

SeanMaier, Jan 27, 2017
  3. ESENT errors in WIN10

On my event log I am getting multiple ESENT 636 and 640 codes. I suspect this is what causing a stutter in audio and video performance and the black screen pop-up that flashes too quickly to actually read it>Never had a problem with WIN7--this started immediately
    after upgrading to WIN 10

This happens in no particular application--just them all!!!

Harry_Beast, Jan 27, 2017
  4. 2 ESENT warning entries, ID 636 ReadHdrFailed and 640 in Event Viewer

First thing I should mention is Windows Live mail has been shelved. It will still work but access to different mail suppliers will be impacted differently. I don't think this is related to your issue but thought I would raise to your attention so you can explore different mail clients.

I may be jumping to conclusions but your first event has the words ReadHdrFailed.

I would ensure you have data from all users backed up to a physical unique drive.

I would then run chkdsk against the drive without any repair / fix parameters to see what it reports.

Caledon Ken, Jan 28, 2017
  5. parsonm Win User
    Thank you for the response.
    Yes, I am aware of the status of Windows Live Mail, but other than this problem, it is running OK.
    I have previously run SFC/Scannow, all three DISM commands and check disk and all returned no errors.
    I have since realised that it only occurs when WLM runs the "Recovering Unused Disk Space" routine, so help on what is running here may help me to clear the problem.

parsonm, Jan 30, 2017
  6. You can search Live Mail Recovering Unused Disk Space and it will give you a list of hits. This seems to be the process of releasing space after mail is deleted.

You need to run chkdsk

as per my first post.

Caledon Ken, Jan 30, 2017
  7. parsonm Win User
    I am carrying out the search as you suggested and yes there are a number of sites, but I have yet to find one specific to the problem that is present.

As per check disk, if you see my original post you will see that I have run it with no problems.

parsonm, Feb 1, 2017
  8. 2 ESENT warning entries, ID 636 ReadHdrFailed and 640 in Event Viewer

Not sure where that image comes from. It is mind but I didn't mean to post it. Now I can't delete it. Let me see if I can't find what I meant to post.

I will edit this posting if I find. Sorry I missed chkdsk in your original post.

So looking at this differently the ReadHdrFailed appears to be, I can't be absolutely sure, an error reading a Header.

I search this and the error 1919 but came back to Windows Update db not Windows Live mail.

I also concentrated on the file name mail.jfm. No explanation of what this file is but saw references to Jetform. Did you have any kind of form software installed either on this device or a previous version of Windows?

Where I was heading, can we delete this without you losing data? I wouldn't delete anyway, I'm big on rename, and delete days or weeks after.

If you (or forum members) could determine what the mail.jfm file is or does it may help solve.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

2 ESENT warning entries, ID 636 ReadHdrFailed and 640 in Event Viewer

1. 2 ESENT warning entries, ID 636 ReadHdrFailed and 640 in Event Viewer - Similar Threads - ESENT warning entries

2. WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer: Hi all,On the 7.7.2022 DD.MM.YY my Reliability Monitor listed an update which was performed "Intel - SoftwareComponent - 2130.1.15.0". I frequently check the Event Viewer for any Errors etc. This time the mentioned Event ID 63 with the Description:"A provider, IntelMEProv,...
  3. WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer: Hi all,On the 7.7.2022 DD.MM.YY my Reliability Monitor listed an update which was performed "Intel - SoftwareComponent - 2130.1.15.0". I frequently check the Event Viewer for any Errors etc. This time the mentioned Event ID 63 with the Description:"A provider, IntelMEProv,...
  4. WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. ESENT Event Id 642

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ESENT Event Id 642: I have had this problem for a couple months now. Windows will hard reset randomly. I check the Event Viewer and at the timestamp of restarting is Event Id 642 Warning- ESENT(source). AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 32gb Ram Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 OS Build 19042.746...
  6. Event Viewer ESENT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer ESENT: [ATTACH] It happens that every time I launch my PC, These 4 errors occur. Could you help me as to what they are, how to fix them, and if they're safe or not? Thanks in advance....
  7. ESENT Event ID 508 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ESENT Event ID 508 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer: Hello, I am running Windows 10 on an AMD machine, and I noticed that my machine stalls every once in a while. When I check the vent viewer, these warnings appear: ESENT 508 taskhostw 3844,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file...
  8. ESENT Messages in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    ESENT Messages in Event Viewer: A week ago I saw some ESENT messages in Event Viewer. I don't have a clue what this stuff is about so I gave up on it and hoped it wouldn't be a problem. Today there are more messages, and the more I clicked around in Event Viewer the more messages were created. If all else...
  9. Event ID 1 warning & Event ID 2 error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 1 warning & Event ID 2 error: Hello, After Fall Creators update I'm seeing 1 error and 1 warning in the Event Viewer which I'm not able to resolve. Event ID 1 The backing-file for the real-time session "DefenderApiLogger" has reached its maximum size. As a result, new events will not be logged to...
  10. ESENT errors in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ESENT errors in Event Viewer: Not sure if this is the right place, so please move it/me if I'm misplaced. I recently re-installed W10, and used Kari's tutorial to help me move the Users folder to a partition on another disk, using the sysprep routine. This is a list of W10s Environment variables...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. readhdrfailed

2. esent 636

3. secedit.jfm

4. event id 636 esent,
  5. ReadHdrFailed.,
  6. www.windowsphoneinfo.com,
  7. secedit.jfm will be deleted,
  8. Reason: ReadHdrFailed,
  9. secedit.jfm readhdrfailed,
  10. reason: ReadHdrFailed.,
  11. esent 640 636 reddit,