Windows 10: 2 Factor Authentication error with MS-authenticator. MS Login Window app tells me to change...

Discus and support 2 Factor Authentication error with MS-authenticator. MS Login Window app tells me to change... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft Authenticator -> 2 Factor Authentication error. Microsoft Login Window in the app tells me to change to the app and type in the number, while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Help MeYO., May 21, 2024.

1. 2 Factor Authentication error with MS-authenticator. MS Login Window app tells me to change...

Microsoft Authenticator -> 2 Factor Authentication error. Microsoft Login Window in the app tells me to change to the app and type in the number, while I'm already on the app. Trying to cancel login cancels the possibility to type in the number. What can I do?thanks for your reply, it's rather urgent. it's on iOS by the way.[moved from de-de]

:)

Help MeYO., May 21, 2024
  2. Ram Bhat1 Win User

How to authenticate Windows using Windows Authenticator App

Hi,

I have enabled Two Step verification on Microsoft Account online.

I have two standalone laptops at home with Windows 11 Pro and do not connect to any Windows Active Directory.

I have installed MS Authenticator and have configured this with my outlook email ID also.

However when i login to the laptops, this does not trigger Microsoft Authenticator on my mobile.

If I login to Microsoft website online, it asks me to authenticate on the Microsoft Authenticator app

How to enable login with 2 factors on my home laptops ?

Pls revert.

Thanks

Ram Bhat

Ram Bhat1, May 21, 2024
  3. IDME Win User
    MS Agent Authenticator for WinPhone 8

A day ago I changed my security settings to activate two-factor authentication. I installed the MS Authenticator app on my Nokia 920. Scanned the barcode from the site right after installation and voila my phone starts generating OTP's (one time pass codes).
    Great. I noticed as well that applications like Skype and Skydrive became instantly aware of this fact and asked me on my subsequent login to enter an OTP. Awesome.

Now the disappointing part. I received an alert on my 920 that an app had an update waiting which requires the phone to login with your MS account. Guess what. Windows Phone 8 doesn't support the new agent authenticator and doesn't ask me for an OTP. On
    my security profile I ticked off the selection to use two-factor for everything.

PERHAPS..MS should have thought of HOW MS WIN8 phones were going to login in now?

Any thoughts?

4. AVC3 Win User

2 Factor Authentication error with MS-authenticator. MS Login Window app tells me to change...

2 factor authentication question.

Straight to the question:

Is there any way to require 2 factor authentication every time I log into my windows 10 machine? For instance all logins would require my approval from windows authenticator on my android?

Background:

I have configured Remote access on my home windows 10 machine.

In addition to the security measures I've taken I would like to be notified if a sucessful login attempt is made. 2 factor authentication would notify me if a sucessful unauthorized login is made as well as allow me to deny it.

Thema:

2 Factor Authentication error with MS-authenticator. MS Login Window app tells me to change...

1. 2 Factor Authentication error with MS-authenticator. MS Login Window app tells me to change... - Similar Threads - Factor Authentication error

2. MS Authenticator Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Authenticator Issue: Hi, I have a new phone, and I have MS Authenticator installed. I still have my old phone and I have around 3-4 accounts in there that I need to bring over to my new device, I am logged in on both devices, I have created a backup on my old device, But I'm not sure how to get...
  3. MS Authenticator Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Authenticator Issue: Hi, I have a new phone, and I have MS Authenticator installed. I still have my old phone and I have around 3-4 accounts in there that I need to bring over to my new device, I am logged in on both devices, I have created a backup on my old device, But I'm not sure how to get...
  4. 2 Factor Authentication error with MS-authenticator. MS Login Window app tells me to change...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Factor Authentication error with MS-authenticator. MS Login Window app tells me to change...: Microsoft Authenticator -> 2 Factor Authentication error. Microsoft Login Window in the app tells me to change to the app and type in the number, while I'm already on the app. Trying to cancel login cancels the possibility to type in the number. What can I do?thanks for your...
  5. MS authenticator locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS authenticator locked: i have new iphone and have recovered all apps from previosu backup including MS authenticator app and i have logged into app. my work account is there, but my personal account is not. i have just added my personal account but when i start authenticator app now i simply get...
  6. MS authenticator locked

MS authenticator locked: i have new iphone and have recovered all apps from previosu backup including MS authenticator app and i have logged into app. my work account is there, but my personal account is not. i have just added my personal account but when i start authenticator app now i simply get...
  7. TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION APP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION APP: I have come to a disappointing realization that I can no longer access my Facebook account using the authentication app. In an attempt to resolve the issue, I removed the app from my secondary phone, but this step did not alleviate the problem. I have reached out to Facebook...
  8. TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION APP

TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION APP: I have come to a disappointing realization that I can no longer access my Facebook account using the authentication app. In an attempt to resolve the issue, I removed the app from my secondary phone, but this step did not alleviate the problem. I have reached out to Facebook...
  9. Triofox 2 Factor Authentication!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Triofox 2 Factor Authentication!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TriofoxAccess [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ib9byu/triofox_2_factor_authentication/
  10. 2 factor authentication

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 factor authentication: ik there is 2 factor authentication for everytime u log in ur microsoft acc but is there 2 factor authentication for everytime u log on ur pc? and if so how submitted by /u/RektMonster [link] [comments]...