Windows 10: 2 gb of games -- how to uninstall?

Discus and support 2 gb of games -- how to uninstall? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; 1 I have over 2 gb of windows apps games. I don't use them. How do I get rid of them? Can't just delete the data, because don't have permission from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by shmu26, Dec 19, 2016.

1. shmu26 Win User

2 gb of games -- how to uninstall?

1 I have over 2 gb of windows apps games.
    I don't use them. How do I get rid of them? Can't just delete the data, because don't have permission from system

2 I have a certain windows app with tons of audio tracks, only one of which I use. How to delete the rest? Also here, I don't have permission from system

:)

shmu26, Dec 19, 2016

2. Dedicated, virtual and shared video memory

I have a little bit confusion about video memory types

I have Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M with Intel Core i7-6700HQ (Intel HD Graphics 530)

Specifications of my laptop suggest that I have 2 GB of memory on graphics chip. In task manager it says that I have 2 GB of dedicated GPU memory. This is clear for me.

In task manager it also says that I have 8 GB of shared GPU memory. I'm not really sure what that means, but I would guess it's the extra memory that my laptop can use in case it runs out of those 2 GB, probably taken from RAM and shared between Nvidia and
    Intel chips. In task manager it says that for Intel HD Graphics 530 chip I only have those 8 GB of shared memory. No dedicated though.

So far it's clear to me.

When I check if I can run the game in System Requirements Lab's website it always shows that I have 4 GB of dedicated video memory

It also shows the same in Piriform Speccy (software that shows system stats of my device), more specifically it says Physical Memory 2047 MB, Virtual Memory 2048 MB. Another similar software CPU-Z only lists 2 GB of video memory.

In some games in graphics settings it shows how much video memory I have and how much of that will be used if I change graphics settings. Depending on game it might say that I have 2 or 4 GB.

I am usually monitoring performance in Task Manager while playing games. Some games, like Dirt Rally uses 100% of Nvidia chip plus between 40 and 50 % of Intel, while other games, like Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor only uses Nvidia

Can someone explain all this confusing memory listings? What is the difference between all those three and how much video memory do I actually have? Do I have 2, 4, 10 or 12 GB? And how can I use all of it so I can run games in higher quality?

Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10

NormundsRoger, Dec 19, 2016
  3. Desktop Window Manager Memory Leak

I had this problem with the
    "dwm.exe" using a lot of memory, after installing Win10 anniversary update. The problem becomes most evident when playing games for a long time.

ETL archive - diagnose for 30 minutes with Windows performance toolkit:

PLACEFIRST-PC.08-18-2016.02-33-57.zip

After windows 10 startup, my PC stay with 1.6 GB of 16 GB memory (8 GB ram + 8 GB virtual memory managed by system) and "dwm.exe" use 83MB (40MB ram + 43 MB virtual):

a.1) Resources after startup

a.2) Memory use after startup

After playing game for 30 minutes "dwm.exe" use 6.1 GB (2.2 GB ram + 3.9 GB virtual)

b.1)
    Resources after playing game for 30 minutes

b.2)
    Memory use after playing game for 30 minutes

After playing game for approximately 2 hours "dwm.exe" depletes system memory using 16.5 GB (3.1 GB ram + 13.4 GB virtual) and "Out Of Memory" alerts message appear.

c.1)
    Resources after playing game for 2 hours

c.2)
    Memory use after playing game for 2 hours

Jean Bolão, Dec 19, 2016
  4. AddRAM Win User

Are you an Administrator ?

Did you try uninstalling them from here ? Do you still get the "Need Permission" message ?

AddRAM, Dec 19, 2016
  5. shmu26 Win User
    I looked there, but I didn't see any games that took up significant space.
    I use SUA most of the time. Maybe I will take a look in the admin account and see if there are more games listed?

shmu26, Dec 19, 2016
  6. shmu26 Win User
    okay, in the admin account I found that 2 gb game, and uninstalled it. no problem there.
    But is there a way I can delete specific audio tracks from a windows app that I want to keep?
    Using TreeSize, I can see the files I want to delete, but I need system permission.

shmu26, Dec 19, 2016
  7. AddRAM Win User
    Isn`t the Music listed in the Music folder ?

What App are you talking about ?

Whenever I rip a cd it goes in the Music Folder and in Windows Media Player, you should be able to delete it from either place.

Individual songs or entire albums.

AddRAM, Dec 19, 2016
  8. shmu26 Win User

it is a metro app, downloaded from windows store, called naturespace. All the data is stored in the special windows app location.

shmu26, Dec 19, 2016
  9. AddRAM Win User
    Not sure why you`re using anything other then WMP, there`s no need.

Do you have all your music backed up on your other drive ? And by that I mean Music you`ve downloaded, or that you don`t own on cd.

AddRAM, Dec 19, 2016
  10. shmu26 Win User
    I use this app to play background noise while I simultaneously run a music track on AIMP, which is my favorite music player. I use WMP to play yet another background noise. I put on earphones, and all this combined blocks out distractions.

shmu26, Dec 19, 2016
  11. AddRAM Win User
    You add background noise to music *Shock

AddRAM, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 2 gb of games -- how to uninstall? - Similar Threads - games uninstall

2. fully uninstalled mediatek wifi 6 mt7921wireless lan from my ASUS TUF gaming F15 and don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fully uninstalled mediatek wifi 6 mt7921wireless lan from my ASUS TUF gaming F15 and don't...: I was trying to fix the wifi problem by doing any possible solutions to fix it but to no avail, and try uninstalling it and restarting my laptop, after restarting and checking the device manager and network adapter, it's gone, even enabling showing hidden devices from view...
  3. fully uninstalled mediatek wifi 6 mt7921wireless lan from my ASUS TUF gaming F15 and don't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fully uninstalled mediatek wifi 6 mt7921wireless lan from my ASUS TUF gaming F15 and don't...: I was trying to fix the wifi problem by doing any possible solutions to fix it but to no avail, and try uninstalling it and restarting my laptop, after restarting and checking the device manager and network adapter, it's gone, even enabling showing hidden devices from view...
  4. How do I fix this and uninstall my game?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix this and uninstall my game?: I installed the sims1 on my pc and made it so it will run without a disk. However now I go to remove it and I cant. It tells me can't due to "a catastrophic error". If I click the details I get this message. What is wrong and how do I fix it?...
  5. I have recently uninstalled Microsoft Game Input to get rid of some error messages and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have recently uninstalled Microsoft Game Input to get rid of some error messages and...: Intel i7 13700F, XMP is active and improved slightly, 2x16gb RAM, GeForce RTX 4070. It's the iBUYPOWER-Y40 pre built gaming desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-recently-uninstalled-microsoft-game-input/d1a430ea-3e84-4d9e-84c9-1b58ac1bdfad
  6. I have recently uninstalled Microsoft Game Input to get rid of some error messages and...

I have recently uninstalled Microsoft Game Input to get rid of some error messages and...: Intel i7 13700F, XMP is active and improved slightly, 2x16gb RAM, GeForce RTX 4070. It's the iBUYPOWER-Y40 pre built gaming desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-recently-uninstalled-microsoft-game-input/d1a430ea-3e84-4d9e-84c9-1b58ac1bdfad
  7. Why do games installed from the Microsoft Store uninstall after not playing for a while?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do games installed from the Microsoft Store uninstall after not playing for a while?: I have Windows 11 and most times I try opening Forza Horizon 4 it says the file is offline and needs reinstalling, how do I make it so that games do not uninstall after a while?...
  8. Why do games installed from the Microsoft Store uninstall after not playing for a while?

Why do games installed from the Microsoft Store uninstall after not playing for a while?: I have Windows 11 and most times I try opening Forza Horizon 4 it says the file is offline and needs reinstalling, how do I make it so that games do not uninstall after a while?...
  9. I accidently uninstalled game input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently uninstalled game input.: I accidently uninstalled game input while removing bloatware on add or remove programs, about a day after doing it Microsoft game input kept popping up in my reliability history as a successful installation, now there's a ton of windows shut down and windows stopped working...
  10. I accidently uninstalled game input.

I accidently uninstalled game input.: I accidently uninstalled game input while removing bloatware on add or remove programs, about a day after doing it Microsoft game input kept popping up in my reliability history as a successful installation, now there's a ton of windows shut down and windows stopped working...