Windows 10: 2 in 1 Laptop reboots to laptop mode when keyboard detached or all the way back. Is there...

Discus and support 2 in 1 Laptop reboots to laptop mode when keyboard detached or all the way back. Is there... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 laptop. I've had this issue day one and doing internet searches I have found that MS quietly removed the manual toggle to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chris Agnew, Feb 23, 2024.

1. 2 in 1 Laptop reboots to laptop mode when keyboard detached or all the way back. Is there...

I have a Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 laptop. I've had this issue day one and doing internet searches I have found that MS quietly removed the manual toggle to enable tablet mode. My problem is when I reboot my computer and I have the keyboard all the way back in this swingable case or if I remove the keyboard and reboot the computer, it boots into the Laptop mode. I have to either move the keyboard forward and then move it all the way back or re-attach the keyboard forward and remove it again for it to switch back to tablet mode. Anyone know of a fix to this... its annoying and I worry about over using

:)

Chris Agnew, Feb 23, 2024

2. Can I use the laptop keyboard while in tablet mode?

Hello Michael,

You should be able to use the keyboard of your Surface laptop with Tablet mode enabled. Keyboard functionality only deactivates on devices that have detachable keyboards or 2-in-1 tablet/laptop hybrids. That being said, are you having trouble with using
    the keyboard of your Surface laptop?

If you are, we recommend running the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. This tool will scan and fix your device for any issues found with your device drivers. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & Security >
      Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select
      Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    • If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    Panasonic announces Windows 10 Toughbook 33 2-in-1 detachable laptop

Source: Panasonic announces Toughbook 33 2-in-1 detachable laptop powered by Windows 10 - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Feb 23, 2024
  4. mulloy(2) Win User

2 in 1 Laptop reboots to laptop mode when keyboard detached or all the way back. Is there...

Does windows 11 support the tent mode on a 2-in-1 laptop?

I've seen the documentation state Tablet Mode is removed from Windows 11 and new functionality and capability is included for keyboard attach and detach postures.

I don't use the tablet mode but always use the tent mode on Windows 10. I can't find any clarification on support of the tent mode.

Does windows 11 support the tent mode on a 2-in-1 laptop?

TIA

mulloy(2), Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

2 in 1 Laptop reboots to laptop mode when keyboard detached or all the way back. Is there...

1. 2 in 1 Laptop reboots to laptop mode when keyboard detached or all the way back. Is there... - Similar Threads - Laptop reboots laptop

2. Dell 2-in-1 5920 Detachable Keyboard NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell 2-in-1 5920 Detachable Keyboard NOT WORKING: Hi GuysI have 2 Dell 2-in-1 devices and my keyboards on both stopped working, I have ran all updates, updated my BIOS and they still do not work, when connected they just flesh for a few seconds and turn off again.I have also ran the DELL Support Assist and everything appears...
  3. Dell 2-in-1 5920 Detachable Keyboard NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell 2-in-1 5920 Detachable Keyboard NOT WORKING: Hi GuysI have 2 Dell 2-in-1 devices and my keyboards on both stopped working, I have ran all updates, updated my BIOS and they still do not work, when connected they just flesh for a few seconds and turn off again.I have also ran the DELL Support Assist and everything appears...
  4. 2 in 1 Laptop reboots to laptop mode when keyboard detached or all the way back. Is there...

2 in 1 Laptop reboots to laptop mode when keyboard detached or all the way back. Is there...: I have a Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 laptop. I've had this issue day one and doing internet searches I have found that MS quietly removed the manual toggle to enable tablet mode. My problem is when I reboot my computer and I have the keyboard all the way back in this swingable case or...
  5. 2 in 1 Laptop Won't Respond to Touch when Collapsed into Tablet Mode

2 in 1 Laptop Won't Respond to Touch when Collapsed into Tablet Mode: Hello,I have an HP ENVY X-360 and as of a few days ago, the computer won't respond to touch screen input when I have the screen rotated all the way back. This happened suddenly when I left it inactive as a tablet, and when I returned and woke it up, it would no longer respond...
  6. Screen goes black when laptop enters 2 in 1 mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black when laptop enters 2 in 1 mode: I have a Dell XPS 15in, 2 in 1. After resetting my computer in full and reinstalling Windows 11, I cannot enter tablet mode by flipping around my laptop screen. When I flip the screen hinge, and it fully is in tablet mode, the screen instantly goes black, with no input from...
  7. Screen goes black when laptop enters 2 in 1 mode

Screen goes black when laptop enters 2 in 1 mode: I have a Dell XPS 15in, 2 in 1. After resetting my computer in full and reinstalling Windows 11, I cannot enter tablet mode by flipping around my laptop screen. When I flip the screen hinge, and it fully is in tablet mode, the screen instantly goes black, with no input from...
  8. How to force 2 in 1 back into true laptop mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to force 2 in 1 back into true laptop mode?: submitted by /u/OmegaMalkior [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m2bvi1/how_to_force_2_in_1_back_into_true_laptop_mode/
  9. 2 and 1 laptop tablet mode icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 and 1 laptop tablet mode icons: I just received my new pc today and honestly I am about to snap (or it) I forgot HOW MUCH I HATE WINDOWS 8 OR 10. My wonderful windies 7 laptop had a water damge mishap. Since I love my tablets and cell I figure why not a 2 in 1 pc ... Big stupid mistake... Im regretting...
  10. Panasonic announces Windows 10 Toughbook 33 2-in-1 detachable laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Panasonic announces Windows 10 Toughbook 33 2-in-1 detachable laptop: Today, Panasonic announced the U.S. availability of the Panasonic Toughbook 33, a 2-in-1 detachable laptop powered by Windows 10 and 7th Gen Intel Core i5 and i7 processors to deliver incredible performance and equip the extraordinary. Inspired by mobile professionals, it...