Windows 10: 2 in 1 Samsung Pro 9 Laptop Tablet Mode Touch Keyboard Won't Go Away and is Also Glitched

Discus and support 2 in 1 Samsung Pro 9 Laptop Tablet Mode Touch Keyboard Won't Go Away and is Also Glitched in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I'm in tablet mode and tap on a text entry box, the on-screen keyboard comes up, which is nice because you get more options than with just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnArran, Jul 14, 2018.

1. AnArran Win User

2 in 1 Samsung Pro 9 Laptop Tablet Mode Touch Keyboard Won't Go Away and is Also Glitched

Every time I'm in tablet mode and tap on a text entry box, the on-screen keyboard comes up, which is nice because you get more options than with just handwriting, but the exit button never seems to work. Additionally, whenever I try to change its type (ex. writing to typing, changing size) the touch keyboard will change appropriately, but I can only see the parts of it in the same area of whatever keyboard it was originally up as. At this point, I can no longer interact with the keyboard in any meaningful way (clicking buttons lights up the 'key' but does nothing, and I can't move it around the screen). This also obscures the exit button, so I have no idea if that now magically works or not. When it gets to this point, the keyboard will obscure whatever screen space it was taking up and can cover a significant portion of my screen.

The on-screen keyboard works fine as long as I don't change where I'm typing or the type of input (again, ex. writing to typing) but it never goes away when I hit enter, change screens, or click off of the text entry box. There are only 2 ways I've found to get rid of it: going through task manager and by restarting the computer entirely. Both are time consuming and annoying to do.

Is there something I need to check or change to get the keyboard to exit when I want it to? Anything I've missed? Or do I need to find a way to report this to Microsoft?

:)

AnArran, Jul 14, 2018

2. touch keyboard in tablet mode

Can't do this in tablet mode . There's no right click when touching the tablet!

JeffreyMorrison, Jul 14, 2018
  3. touch keyboard in tablet mode

Hi Heygert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

2. Open the Keyboard and close it ( just to check if its working).

2. Next click on Action center
    and select Tablet Mode.

3. Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the
    Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

5. Open the Key board and check if its Working in Tablet mode. Next check if its available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 14, 2018
  4. DebK150 Win User

2 in 1 Samsung Pro 9 Laptop Tablet Mode Touch Keyboard Won't Go Away and is Also Glitched

touch keyboard in tablet mode

This does not work - I right clicked and can see the touch keyboard icon but it is totally unresponsive. The keyboard will randomly pop up then disappear. I have a Yoga 12, running Windows 10.

DebK150, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

1. 2 in 1 Samsung Pro 9 Laptop Tablet Mode Touch Keyboard Won't Go Away and is Also Glitched - Similar Threads - Samsung Pro Laptop

2. Touch mode on Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch mode on Surface Go 2: I have a Surface Go 2, which for the last couple of years I've happily used with a Brydge Bluetooth keyboard designed specifically for the model as well as the Typecover. The Typecover is great for mobility but the Brydge is much better when you want to use the machine as a...
  3. Touch mode on Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch mode on Surface Go 2: I have a Surface Go 2, which for the last couple of years I've happily used with a Brydge Bluetooth keyboard designed specifically for the model as well as the Typecover. The Typecover is great for mobility but the Brydge is much better when you want to use the machine as a...
  4. 2 in 1 Laptop Won't Respond to Touch when Collapsed into Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 in 1 Laptop Won't Respond to Touch when Collapsed into Tablet Mode: Hello,I have an HP ENVY X-360 and as of a few days ago, the computer won't respond to touch screen input when I have the screen rotated all the way back. This happened suddenly when I left it inactive as a tablet, and when I returned and woke it up, it would no longer respond...
  5. 2 in 1 Laptop Won't Respond to Touch when Collapsed into Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 in 1 Laptop Won't Respond to Touch when Collapsed into Tablet Mode: Hello,I have an HP ENVY X-360 and as of a few days ago, the computer won't respond to touch screen input when I have the screen rotated all the way back. This happened suddenly when I left it inactive as a tablet, and when I returned and woke it up, it would no longer respond...
  6. 2 in 1 Laptop Won't Respond to Touch when Collapsed into Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. 2 and 1 laptop tablet mode icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 and 1 laptop tablet mode icons: I just received my new pc today and honestly I am about to snap (or it) I forgot HOW MUCH I HATE WINDOWS 8 OR 10. My wonderful windies 7 laptop had a water damge mishap. Since I love my tablets and cell I figure why not a 2 in 1 pc ... Big stupid mistake... Im regretting...
  8. tablet mode glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    tablet mode glitch: My tablet mode is switch back and forth and i'm not pressing anything please help me? Is it because i have installed something dangerous or is it just another reason please help?...
  9. touch keyboard in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...
  10. My 2-in-1 Laptop won't automatically turn into tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My 2-in-1 Laptop won't automatically turn into tablet mode.: Hello guys. I have a 2-in-1 Laptop (see My System Specs) and I believe that it is not automatically turning into tablet mode when I remove it from the Keyboard Dock. Have any ideas why this is so? Also, I don't know if this could be the cause of the problem:  [img]...