Windows 10: 2 login screens at startup - no password required

Discus and support 2 login screens at startup - no password required in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; 1) Prior to the last win 10 update, when I turned on my PC I briefly got login background wallpaper without (!) a usier icon (UI), user name (UN), or... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Phillyacct, Jan 28, 2017.

1. 2 login screens at startup - no password required

1) Prior to the last win 10 update, when I turned on my PC I briefly got login background wallpaper without (!) a usier icon (UI), user name (UN), or "welcome" message (WM)- the pc then went directly to the desktop - no login required.
    2) After the update I lost the login background wallpaper & acquired the UI, UN, and WM - the PC did not require a login.
    3) After internet reading & various edits, I got the background wallpaper back, and lost my specific user icon. But, the generic UI, UN, and WM still appeared. I did (do) not have to enter a password... the desktop appears after a pause.
    4) I wanted to get rid of the UI (user icon), UN, and WM altogether (turn on PC, blank login screen with background wallpaper, and then Desktop). I did the following:
    a) Run: Local Security Policy
    b) Added "Additional Rules" to "Software Restriction Policies"
    c) New Path Rule
    d) Pasted in "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy" (please don't laugh!)
    5) Now I get two (2 !) login screens:
    1st no background, generic icon, my first name only, and "welcome" message
    Then (!) 2nd - backround wallpaper, my full nme, and "welcome message"
    6) I'm clearly moving backwards, although I still don't have to type in a password.

Any help in (at least) getting rid of one of the login screens would be greatly appreciated!
    (sigh)
    John

:)

Phillyacct, Jan 28, 2017

2. ~ Login after Sleep Mode NOT working ~

[Merged]

~ Login hangs at password ~

After entering password the circles spin then returns back to login screen.

Requires reboot to login with msconfig Selective startup System Configuration.

Thanks

Suggestion: Error Login tab in msconfig System Configuration that indicates error(s) of last 3 logins.

Win 8.1 needs Help, Jan 28, 2017
  3. How do I permanently stop having to log in with a password or PIN

For that, go to Control Panel, then Hardware and Sound. Under Power Options look for "Require a password when the computer wakes" and click on it. On the screen that comes up then, you'll probably have to click "Change settings that are currently unavailable."
    After that, just select "Don't require a password," and save. That should do it.

Frederick J. Barnett, Jan 28, 2017
  4. 2 login screens at startup - no password required

Welcome to the TenForums @Phillyacct

First course of action, invoke system restore. This should undo your changes.If you can't get into windows "Normally" hold the shift key down and restart. Then click on Trouble Shooting, Advance Startup, System Restore.

Next please have a look at this tutorial. I think this what you were trying for.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Caledon Ken, Jan 28, 2017
Thema:

2 login screens at startup - no password required

1. 2 login screens at startup - no password required - Similar Threads - login screens startup

2. Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup: Hello,No matter what I do, Windows requires a password.On startup, first screen says incorrect password. Then when I click in the password section, my username shows up twice in the lower left of the screen.I am able to login under each username successfully with the same...
  3. Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup: Hello,No matter what I do, Windows requires a password.On startup, first screen says incorrect password. Then when I click in the password section, my username shows up twice in the lower left of the screen.I am able to login under each username successfully with the same...
  4. I want to require a startup password

I want to require a startup password: I originally set up Windows 10 to not require a password on startup. I now want to change that so that a password is required. I set everything up in Windows Hello with a Kensington fingerprint scanner. It requests a password after sleep but still automatically logs me in on...
  5. Require Username & Password For Login

Require Username & Password For Login: I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 Home edition. I'm a little bit of a power user and prefer to have separate accounts for different uses- one for gaming and entertainment, and one for more important things like banking, work, etc. For security reasons, on my previous...
  6. Require Username & Password For Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require Username & Password For Login: I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 Home edition. I'm a little bit of a power user and prefer to have separate accounts for different uses- one for gaming and entertainment, and one for more important things like banking, work, etc. For security reasons, on my previous...
  7. Require Username & Password For Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. password login at startup

password login at startup: I have a HP laptop and when I turn it on it starts normal until it comes to the part where I need to put my password in and only the letter i and a few numbers and the space bar work. I have to click on the forgot password and when I do that all my keyboard works again but I...
  9. Windows Startup suddenly requiring password

Windows Startup suddenly requiring password: After several years of using windows 10 'startup' in the "Never" require password sign-in mode on my desktop, for several days now, I have suddenly been required to use a password during startup. This apparently occurred subsequent to some 'automatic update' downloads from...
  10. At startup, no password or login prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    At startup, no password or login prompt: At Windows startup a login prompt with a password box, user account picture or name does not appear. All i see is my screen saver background. I found a temporary fix which is restarting my computer, then and only then can i type in my password to access my computer. The issue...